+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Latest Microsoft Ad Slams iPad's Lack of Support for USB, Hardware Keyboard, Kickstand

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
At least our OS is malware free. What do we need a usb for anyways? Silly MicroSUCK
    iPhone? More like MyPhone ThatOneProfile's Avatar
    Thanks

At least our OS is malware free. What do we need a usb for anyways? Silly MicroSUCK

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

People don't realize that they can connect a wired keyboard to the iPad also. Using the camera connection kit, it allows a keyboard to be plugged in. I used it all of the time when I was in school. Kind of one of those hidden features.

As for storage. Google drive is the way to go. It allows offline storage and gives you 15gb for free. Way better than sneakernet.

dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,173 Times in 832 Posts

malware free keep telling yourself that

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    As for storage. Google drive is the way to go. It allows offline storage and gives you 15gb for free. Way better than sneakernet.
    if you like sharing your info with people you don't know or a corrupt government,(like our corrupt government) Nuff said
    Last edited by dsg; 07-19-2013 at 11:18 PM.
    privacy isn't about having something to hide

look here all grammar police, indulge me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    Lol, so they have to have physical access to the device. That's hardly malware. Give me access to your PC or Mac and in a few seconds I'll have full admin rights. Also at least iOS will get updated in a timely fashion to fix it. Android on the other hand except Nexus devices probably will never get updated. Hackers just found a master key to Android on 99% of devices out there and on ALL versions on Android. Google Glass can be hacked using a QR code and it gives the hacker complete control of the device.

dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,173 Times in 832 Posts

you believe what you want, iOS and mac OS are not immune, bury your head in the sand, but one day Apple products will be riddled just like Microsoft computers, notice the lack of pc's in my statement because there is no post PC(as Apple would have you believe) because an Apple Mac is a PC, aka: Personal Computer

I run a Mac and am not so naive, so maybe you wouldn't have admin rights
    privacy isn't about having something to hide

look here all grammar police, indulge me.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    People don't realize that they can connect a wired keyboard to the iPad also. Using the camera connection kit, it allows a keyboard to be plugged in. I used it all of the time when I was in school. Kind of one of those hidden features.

AT&T Locker. 50 GB Free.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

All this does is make me pity MS. They wrote away a billion on surface inventory and slashed prices but are still miles from what consumers actually want.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to abchoudhry For This Useful Post:

Silverado1987 (07-20-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    Any uneducated person will easily fall for the surface.
    ^Only a fool would say this! I never even knew the surface had a USB & I work alongside one everyday. I just wasn't interested till the price drop. First day I thought it's not good 2nd & 3rd day I love it after joining a few forums. So far in my house we have 2 iPad mini, 2 galaxy note 10.1, 1 archos and a surface and I gotta say I love the surface. If the price had been better & they CLEAR on what the surface was it would have done a lot better.
    Last edited by se23; 07-20-2013 at 02:32 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

You're upinions r all rong

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    Just trying to slam Apple cause their sales numbers sucks! You can easily buy a case with a keyboard that has a kickstand for the iPad at a cheaper price than the $100 Microsoft is charging for theirs!

@JOnGarrett- Bluetooth devices work just fine with iDevices...not sure where you're getting your info...
    I agree. I see enough people in the office using bluetooth keyboards with the ipad and none of them complained. (ipad mini and ipad retina). maybe some older ipads did have a bluetooth ache.

Thanks

I thought the number one rule of advertising was to not mention your competition? This is your chance to sell your product. Seems to me the product featured in an ad that mentions its competitor is short on its own selling points other than making up for a couple "deficiencies" as seen by the seller.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to exNavy For This Useful Post:

Silverado1987 (07-20-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,338 Times in 732 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    I thought the number one rule of advertising was to not mention your competition? This is your chance to sell your product. Seems to me the product featured in an ad that mentions its competitor is short on its own selling points other than making up for a couple "deficiencies" as seen by the seller.
    Agreed. Seems they got nothing left to do but pick on apple. They must've not been hugged enough. My 2 cents

Girlfriend needed a Bluetooth keyboard folio for her iPad for her new job. Works perfect and no problems.

Thanks

you believe what you want, iOS and mac OS are not immune, bury your head in the sand, but one day Apple products will be riddled just like Microsoft computers, notice the lack of pc's in my statement because there is no post PC(as Apple would have you believe) because an Apple Mac is a PC, aka: Personal Computer

I run a Mac and am not so naive, so maybe you wouldn't have admin rights
    I'm not here to argue semantics, I know what PC means. Regardless Apple updates iOS much faster than Android and the exploits are patched. For example a jailbreak is released and within a few days there is an update for iOS because the exploits for the jailbreak provide potential security holes. The user land jailbreak for iOS 4 was a PDF exploit which could have been used to inject malicious code. Apple immediately released a patch and Saurik released a patch on Cydia for those who had jail broken. I know they are not immune.

As for admin rights on your Mac, give me access to your machine and I will change your password in seconds it's very simple and I use it all the time when repairing Macs that I don't have the password for. If physical access is grated to any device it is not secure. The real malware and other attacks are when they can be done remotely and typically it is not the OS that is attacked but an exploit in the browser that give system access.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    Bluetooth does NOT work well on iDevices., so BT is not a reliable option--besides, who knows how many keyboards you'd have to buy before you found one that actually works.

I did a little demonstration about this a while back., Bluetooth does NOT work on iDevices - YouTube

also tried all of these devices inside a 2012 Ford Escape and none of them would work. ALL of our Galaxy devices worked just fine.
    I choose not to believe someone with an android logo on an apple site. Please place all anti apple propaganda somewhere else. K? Thanks.
    Hmm...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Bluetooth does NOT work well on iDevices., so BT is not a reliable option--besides, who knows how many keyboards you'd have to buy before you found one that actually works.

I did a little demonstration about this a while back., Bluetooth does NOT work on iDevices - YouTube

also tried all of these devices inside a 2012 Ford Escape and none of them would work. ALL of our Galaxy devices worked just fine.
    That video proved nothing to me? My apple Bluetooth keyboard works every time and any time I connect? Don't know where your going here?

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by se23 View Post
    ^Only a fool would say this! I never even knew the surface had a USB & I work alongside one everyday. I just wasn't interested till the price drop. First day I thought it's not good 2nd & 3rd day I love it after joining a few forums. So far in my house we have 2 iPad mini, 2 galaxy note 10.1, 1 archos and a surface and I gotta say I love the surface. If the price had been better & they CLEAR on what the surface was it would have done a lot better.
    I guess u r the only sane one here.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Liveitlive's Avatar
    Thanks

I use an array of Bluetooth devices with my iPhone/pad/pod. Never had a single issue with pairing. Even with aftermarket car decks or cheap **** from china.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

if you like sharing your info with people you don't know or a corrupt government,(like our corrupt government) Nuff said
    Itís been known that the government has been spying on us for a long time. Edward Snowden didnít need to point that out. I know they arenít going to use that stuff against me, even if i was storing illegal stuff in the cloud because it would be a waste of their time. So as long as google and the federal government are the only ones that are able to access my stuff, I donít give a sh**.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

*yawn* more non-features.

OMG it doesn't have a kickstand built in? every case I've ever bought for my ipad allows for viewing. I'm gonna put a case on it anyway to protect it. No keyboard? My original Zaggmate (for the original iPad) still works perfectly with every iDevice I've owned. USB? Also a non-issue. I looked at my options and felt the iPad was the best choice for me despite not having USB.
    Just like the last commercial. Can't zoom like that. Don't care. I put my stuff in folders and know instantly where to find anything in just a couple of taps. I hate the metro interface on a computer, why the heck would I want it on my tablet?
    I still want to hear the two tablets actually have a conversation though. not just siri being "jealous" of a silent tablet.

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

LOL that was a good one