Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Microsoft Continues to Bash the iPad in its latest Windows 8 Tablet Commercial

Thanks

Default Microsoft Continues to bash the iPad in its latest Windows 8 Tablet Commercial

Bashing iOS devices seems to have become a recurring theme when it comes to ads created by Apple’s competitors including Samsung and Microsoft. In its latest attempt to market its Windows 8 tablets in the post-PC world, Microsoft seems to continue the trend. The recently released commercial titled “Baseball” cleverly exploits America’s favorite pastime to tout the ability of Windows 8 being capable of running apps side-by-side on tablets compared to the iOS platform’s app switching. Microsoft tries to use the following tagline to capture the attention of consumers:

Do two things at once without dropping the ball.
    Those of you interested in watching the commercial can do so below:

The commercial clearly does a good job hitting home with their messaging. Unfortunately, since airing the first Surface commercial last October, Microsoft received lukewarm responses from pundits, tech media and end-users. After the company realized that the iPad is the tablet to beat, the tech giant amped up Surface advertising with a series of commercials that pit the Windows 8 tablet against the iPad. Windows 8 tablets continue to have slow traction as Apple’s iPad continues to dominate the market though.

What did you think of the ad?

Source: Microsoft (YouTube)

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

I don't think the iPad will have anything to worry about. While there are some decent pieces of hardware for Windows tablets and phones the apps are non existent, end of story.

Thanks

Title should be "Microsoft continues to struggle in the tablet market"

just a thought... :P

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Albort View Post

Dell offers 4G LTE on Windows 8 tablets.

Thanks

oh wait....how's that Window's OS working out? Oh yeah it's not the Full Version..lol..Window's Tablets are nice but there is Nothing for Apple to Worry about because Apple is in The Drivers Seat for AWHILE..so deal with it or Start your own Computer Company & Make tablets.

ahh, i thought it was just the surface...

Bash all u want numbers dont lie

I watched a Windows 8 tablet ad last night and thought you have to be a complete tosser to own one of them. The ads make it look like with all that jumping and dancing if your not a tosser then you wont own one. Well I dont own one and that ad wont change my mind.

But with that said the iPad ads also dont change my mind. they make it look like you have to be a rich stuck up snob to own a iPad. They make it out that the iPad is the best thing ever and can do everything. Well it cant. ANY Windows tablets can do 10000000x more than an iPad can do but I dont want to look like a tosser so I wont get a Windows tablet.

I think I'll get an Asus tablet with Windows 7. That way I can do everything I want how I want without any of the limitations of the iPad and without looking like a tosser.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Striknine's Avatar
    Thanks

I bought a surface pro and have owned iPads since they came out. I have to say you guys trash a great piece of hardware. I understand I am in Apple Fanboy territory but I thought tech savvy users embrace real devices that work for them. Given most trashers have never used one besides looking at a demo in bestbuy. Now days the iPad does out sell all tablets since every grand mom and child owns one since they are a cool thing to have to play little one trick apps.
    My three year old got my iPad when I bought the SP so he can FaceTime his grand mom. Mean while I crunch numbers running Autocad getting real work done. I have tried many of times to use my iPads for real world uses and it always fell short. Now that Microsoft is releasing two in one devices (tablet&laptop) you will see it pick up in the business world and tech savvy users.
    Last edited by Striknine; 07-09-2013 at 10:30 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Striknine For This Useful Post:

HovikGas (07-10-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Striknine View Post
    I bought a surface pro and have owned iPads since they came out. I have to say you guys trash a great piece of hardware. I understand I am in Apple Fanboy territory but I thought tech savvy users embrace real devices that work for them. Given most trashers have never used one besides looking at a demo in bestbuy. Now days the iPad does out sell all tablets since every grand mom and child owns one since they are a cool thing to have to play little one trick apps.
    My three year old got my iPad when I bought the SP so he can FaceTime his grand mom. Mean while I crunch numbers running Autocad getting real work done. I have tried many of times to use my iPads for real world uses and it always fell short. Now that Microsoft is releasing two in one devices (tablet&laptop) you will see it pick up in the business world and tech savvy users.
    By the time you add up the cost of the Surface Pro and the keyboard cover, I'd rather buy MacBook Air. Those are closer in weight, size, performance, and cost.

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    Title should be "Microsoft continues to struggle in the tablet market"
    +1

This ad is probably the better one for Windows tablet. Now it makes me prefer Windows to the iPad. A LOT better than the dancing ones previously that I said about above.
    There are so many devices that are so much better than Apple. The Galaxy phones/tablets can do multiple things at once and split the screen where no Apple device can. Samsung tablets with sim cards can make phone calls, SMS/MMS, etc where no iPad can. There are so many reasons why other devices are better than Apples and everyone else points them out to me. I'm just saying what I hear and see.

And HOW can you compare an iPad to a Windows tablet? The Windows tablet is not even a year old and how old is the iPad? 5 years? Wait 5 years then compare the two and I bet the Windows tablet is still around and nobody owns an iPad especially an iPad 1 which caome out 5 years ago and Apple have already killed off. I doubt the Windows tablet will be killed off so fast.

Thanks

It's my job to promote Samsung tabs and I go to various stores to do it. At the end of each day I have to count sales so usually have access to figures. Samsung & Apple are usually neck & neck while surface lucky if it see's 1 unit a day. The rt has not many apps & the pro is too expensive. I have a note & iPad mini and would love a pro for obvious reasons and even tho I get paid well, live at home with mum, buy more shoes than I need I can't justify the spend on a pro!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to se23 For This Useful Post:

Silverado1987 (07-10-2013)

Question is, how are you? As that's not a 3G/4G iPad model

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by se23 View Post
    I have a note & iPad mini
    Do you ever get confused try to make calls on your iPad mini rather than the note? 😜

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dranon's Avatar
    Thanks

Well to get REAL technical that model of ipad does not have 3g/4g either! It is a wi-fi only model. The 3g/4g models have a black plastic band at the end where the 3g antenna goes!

“And HOW can you compare an iPad to a Windows tablet? The Windows tablet is not even a year old and how old is the iPad? 5 years? Wait 5 years then compare the two and I bet the Windows tablet is still around and nobody owns an iPad especially an iPad 1 which caome out 5 years ago and Apple have already killed off. I doubt the Windows tablet will be killed off so fast.”

Why are you complaining to the crowd here about comparing the two while MS is the one making the direct comparison in their commercial? They are opening up the floor to comparison when they do that. But to respond to your point, one only has to look at thee abysmal WP sales to see that the future holds for their tablets.

For me it all goes back to Windows vs. Palm PDAs. Windows PDAs had a lot of flashy features and on paper should have been by far the number 1 PDA, but they couldn’t hold a candle to the more basic Palm PDAs. IMHO the reason was that Palm focused on doing certain core tasks that most users needed, and they made sure that their product did those core tasks very well in a very simply, user-friendly way.

Unfortunately for Palm, they got lazy and their products starting lagging behind, especially when smartphones started coming into play. Now Apple is the new Palm in the way that they focus on keeping their products simple and doing key functions much better than the other guy (Microsoft, Google) which is why they are still ahead in many respects. We just have to wait and see if Apple will continue to stay ahead of the competition or suffer the fate of Palm in the mobile arena.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Talking Hotspot...
    -mxuymja.png
    Quote Originally Posted by Dranon View Post
    Well to get REAL technical that model of ipad does not have 3g/4g either! It is a wi-fi only model. The 3g/4g models have a black plastic band at the end where the 3g antenna goes!
    Let's just say, for simplicity sake, they are both using their iPhones as a hotspot.

Quote Originally Posted by smith01 View Post
    I watched a Windows 8 tablet ad last night and thought you have to be a complete tosser to own one of them. The ads make it look like with all that jumping and dancing if your not a tosser then you wont own one. Well I dont own one and that ad wont change my mind.

But with that said the iPad ads also dont change my mind. they make it look like you have to be a rich stuck up snob to own a iPad. They make it out that the iPad is the best thing ever and can do everything. Well it cant. ANY Windows tablets can do 10000000x more than an iPad can do but I dont want to look like a tosser so I wont get a Windows tablet.

I think I'll get an Asus tablet with Windows 7. That way I can do everything I want how I want without any of the limitations of the iPad and without looking like a tosser.
    Okay, what the hell is a tosser?
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast