+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Microsoft Continues to Bash the iPad in its latest Windows 8 Tablet Commercial

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
...
  1. #1
    MMi Staff Writer Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    3,630
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 116 Times in 102 Posts

    Default Microsoft Continues to bash the iPad in its latest Windows 8 Tablet Commercial


    Bashing iOS devices seems to have become a recurring theme when it comes to ads created by Apple’s competitors including Samsung and Microsoft. In its latest attempt to market its Windows 8 tablets in the post-PC world, Microsoft seems to continue the trend. The recently released commercial titled “Baseball” cleverly exploits America’s favorite pastime to tout the ability of Windows 8 being capable of running apps side-by-side on tablets compared to the iOS platform’s app switching. Microsoft tries to use the following tagline to capture the attention of consumers:

    Do two things at once without dropping the ball.
    Those of you interested in watching the commercial can do so below:



    The commercial clearly does a good job hitting home with their messaging. Unfortunately, since airing the first Surface commercial last October, Microsoft received lukewarm responses from pundits, tech media and end-users. After the company realized that the iPad is the tablet to beat, the tech giant amped up Surface advertising with a series of commercials that pit the Windows 8 tablet against the iPad. Windows 8 tablets continue to have slow traction as Apple’s iPad continues to dominate the market though.

    What did you think of the ad?

    Source: Microsoft (YouTube)

    Twitter: @AkshayMasand

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,882
    Thanks
    1,457
    Thanked 8,056 Times in 1,696 Posts

    I don't think the iPad will have anything to worry about. While there are some decent pieces of hardware for Windows tablets and phones the apps are non existent, end of story.

  3. #3
    Livin the iPhone Life slim.jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Maryland, US
    Posts
    1,008
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 128 Times in 98 Posts

    Title should be "Microsoft continues to struggle in the tablet market"

  4. #4
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    36
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts



    just a thought... :P

  5. #5
    My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    747
    Thanks
    396
    Thanked 76 Times in 61 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Albort View Post


    just a thought... :P
    Dell offers 4G LTE on Windows 8 tablets.

  6. #6
    iPhoneaholic AKCHRIS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    465
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts

    oh wait....how's that Window's OS working out? Oh yeah it's not the Full Version..lol..Window's Tablets are nice but there is Nothing for Apple to Worry about because Apple is in The Drivers Seat for AWHILE..so deal with it or Start your own Computer Company & Make tablets.

  7. #7
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    36
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts

    ahh, i thought it was just the surface...

  8. #8
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    190
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts

    Bash all u want numbers dont lie

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    111
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 20 Times in 17 Posts

    I watched a Windows 8 tablet ad last night and thought you have to be a complete tosser to own one of them. The ads make it look like with all that jumping and dancing if your not a tosser then you wont own one. Well I dont own one and that ad wont change my mind.

    But with that said the iPad ads also dont change my mind. they make it look like you have to be a rich stuck up snob to own a iPad. They make it out that the iPad is the best thing ever and can do everything. Well it cant. ANY Windows tablets can do 10000000x more than an iPad can do but I dont want to look like a tosser so I wont get a Windows tablet.

    I think I'll get an Asus tablet with Windows 7. That way I can do everything I want how I want without any of the limitations of the iPad and without looking like a tosser.

  10. #10
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Striknine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    169
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts

    I bought a surface pro and have owned iPads since they came out. I have to say you guys trash a great piece of hardware. I understand I am in Apple Fanboy territory but I thought tech savvy users embrace real devices that work for them. Given most trashers have never used one besides looking at a demo in bestbuy. Now days the iPad does out sell all tablets since every grand mom and child owns one since they are a cool thing to have to play little one trick apps.
    My three year old got my iPad when I bought the SP so he can FaceTime his grand mom. Mean while I crunch numbers running Autocad getting real work done. I have tried many of times to use my iPads for real world uses and it always fell short. Now that Microsoft is releasing two in one devices (tablet&laptop) you will see it pick up in the business world and tech savvy users.
    Last edited by Striknine; 07-09-2013 at 09:30 PM.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Striknine For This Useful Post:

    HovikGas (07-10-2013)

  12. #11
    Livin the iPhone Life slim.jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Maryland, US
    Posts
    1,008
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 128 Times in 98 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Striknine View Post
    I bought a surface pro and have owned iPads since they came out. I have to say you guys trash a great piece of hardware. I understand I am in Apple Fanboy territory but I thought tech savvy users embrace real devices that work for them. Given most trashers have never used one besides looking at a demo in bestbuy. Now days the iPad does out sell all tablets since every grand mom and child owns one since they are a cool thing to have to play little one trick apps.
    My three year old got my iPad when I bought the SP so he can FaceTime his grand mom. Mean while I crunch numbers running Autocad getting real work done. I have tried many of times to use my iPads for real world uses and it always fell short. Now that Microsoft is releasing two in one devices (tablet&laptop) you will see it pick up in the business world and tech savvy users.
    By the time you add up the cost of the Surface Pro and the keyboard cover, I'd rather buy MacBook Air. Those are closer in weight, size, performance, and cost.

  13. #12
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    Title should be "Microsoft continues to struggle in the tablet market"
    +1

  14. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    111
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 20 Times in 17 Posts

    This ad is probably the better one for Windows tablet. Now it makes me prefer Windows to the iPad. A LOT better than the dancing ones previously that I said about above.
    There are so many devices that are so much better than Apple. The Galaxy phones/tablets can do multiple things at once and split the screen where no Apple device can. Samsung tablets with sim cards can make phone calls, SMS/MMS, etc where no iPad can. There are so many reasons why other devices are better than Apples and everyone else points them out to me. I'm just saying what I hear and see.

    And HOW can you compare an iPad to a Windows tablet? The Windows tablet is not even a year old and how old is the iPad? 5 years? Wait 5 years then compare the two and I bet the Windows tablet is still around and nobody owns an iPad especially an iPad 1 which caome out 5 years ago and Apple have already killed off. I doubt the Windows tablet will be killed off so fast.

  15. #14
    My iPhone is a Part of Me se23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    London uk
    Posts
    828
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 59 Times in 51 Posts

    It's my job to promote Samsung tabs and I go to various stores to do it. At the end of each day I have to count sales so usually have access to figures. Samsung & Apple are usually neck & neck while surface lucky if it see's 1 unit a day. The rt has not many apps & the pro is too expensive. I have a note & iPad mini and would love a pro for obvious reasons and even tho I get paid well, live at home with mum, buy more shoes than I need I can't justify the spend on a pro!

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to se23 For This Useful Post:

    Silverado1987 (07-10-2013)

  17. #15
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Albort View Post


    just a thought... :P
    Question is, how are you? As that's not a 3G/4G iPad model

  18. #16
    iPhoneaholic bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    473
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 47 Times in 36 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by se23 View Post
    I have a note & iPad mini
    Do you ever get confused try to make calls on your iPad mini rather than the note? 😜

  19. #17
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Dranon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sacandaga Lake
    Posts
    158
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Albort View Post


    just a thought... :P
    Well to get REAL technical that model of ipad does not have 3g/4g either! It is a wi-fi only model. The 3g/4g models have a black plastic band at the end where the 3g antenna goes!

  20. #18
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    370
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 48 Times in 38 Posts

    “And HOW can you compare an iPad to a Windows tablet? The Windows tablet is not even a year old and how old is the iPad? 5 years? Wait 5 years then compare the two and I bet the Windows tablet is still around and nobody owns an iPad especially an iPad 1 which caome out 5 years ago and Apple have already killed off. I doubt the Windows tablet will be killed off so fast.”

    Why are you complaining to the crowd here about comparing the two while MS is the one making the direct comparison in their commercial? They are opening up the floor to comparison when they do that. But to respond to your point, one only has to look at thee abysmal WP sales to see that the future holds for their tablets.

    For me it all goes back to Windows vs. Palm PDAs. Windows PDAs had a lot of flashy features and on paper should have been by far the number 1 PDA, but they couldn’t hold a candle to the more basic Palm PDAs. IMHO the reason was that Palm focused on doing certain core tasks that most users needed, and they made sure that their product did those core tasks very well in a very simply, user-friendly way.

    Unfortunately for Palm, they got lazy and their products starting lagging behind, especially when smartphones started coming into play. Now Apple is the new Palm in the way that they focus on keeping their products simple and doing key functions much better than the other guy (Microsoft, Google) which is why they are still ahead in many respects. We just have to wait and see if Apple will continue to stay ahead of the competition or suffer the fate of Palm in the mobile arena.

  21. #19
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Talking Hotspot...
    Microsoft Continues to Bash the iPad in its latest Windows 8 Tablet Commercial-mxuymja.png
    Quote Originally Posted by Dranon View Post
    Well to get REAL technical that model of ipad does not have 3g/4g either! It is a wi-fi only model. The 3g/4g models have a black plastic band at the end where the 3g antenna goes!
    Let's just say, for simplicity sake, they are both using their iPhones as a hotspot.

  22. #20
    Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,001
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 66 Times in 52 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by smith01 View Post
    I watched a Windows 8 tablet ad last night and thought you have to be a complete tosser to own one of them. The ads make it look like with all that jumping and dancing if your not a tosser then you wont own one. Well I dont own one and that ad wont change my mind.

    But with that said the iPad ads also dont change my mind. they make it look like you have to be a rich stuck up snob to own a iPad. They make it out that the iPad is the best thing ever and can do everything. Well it cant. ANY Windows tablets can do 10000000x more than an iPad can do but I dont want to look like a tosser so I wont get a Windows tablet.

    I think I'll get an Asus tablet with Windows 7. That way I can do everything I want how I want without any of the limitations of the iPad and without looking like a tosser.
    Okay, what the hell is a tosser?
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts