Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Will the Fifth-Generation iPad Launch This September?

Default Will the Fifth-Generation iPad Launch This September?

Rumors shedding light on the next-generation Apple-branded tablet have surfaced Monday morning suggesting that the fifth-generation iPad could be released as soon as this coming September. The future of the iPad Mini is still cloudy.

Many rumors in the past have claimed that the next iPad will take design cues from the iPad Mini, giving the device a black anodized aluminum looks with a flatter design. This morning’s rumor, citing Digitimes, claims that the next-generation iPad will come with a thinner bezel, as well as one backlighting LED versus the regular two, and improved battery life:

Quote Originally Posted by Digitimes
    In addition to the Retina Display, the new tablet features a slimmer bezel design to allow a bigger viewing area, while the number of LED tubes used for the device has been reduced from two to one, and battery longevity is also improved.
    It is likely that Apple will also consider a hardware upgrade for the internal chip too, although it's not brought up by the source. The latest technology in Apple's iPad is the A6X chip, so we would assume the next iPad could get an A7 or A7X chip following the usual pattern. The upcoming iOS 7 firmware upgrade brings a lot of new features, animations, and functions to iOS that better hardware could definitely compliment.

Sources: Digitimes

In addition to Retina Display? Uhhh ok since the current model already has a Retina Display

Thanks

Not really sure why the future of the mini is cloudy. It sold well and continues to sell. Im sure they'll make another one..this time with Retina as it should have already had it to begin with. iPad mini accounts for 60% of iPad sales in early 2013 | News | TechRadar

Thanks

Maybe I will finally get myself an iPad... Been waiting for so long... Just didn't want to get the first few generations... I think it's gonna be this generation for me...

Sounds like it should be named Ipad 3a!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Not really sure why the future of the mini is cloudy. It sold well and continues to sell. Im sure they'll make another one..this time with Retina as it should have already had it to begin with. iPad mini accounts for 60% of iPad sales in early 2013 | News | TechRadar
    He's talking about the features thats coming for the ipad mini. not the sales.

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    It's not that the future of the iPad Mini's market is cloudy, just that we don't know what Apple plans to do to improve it in the future.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SnapIt View Post
    In addition to Retina Display? Uhhh ok since the current model already has a Retina Display
    Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by frankjc81 View Post
    Huh?
    In other words, "In addition to a Retina Display..." sounds as if the Retina Display is being considered a new feature.