+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Microsoft Ad Bashes iPad Zooming, Lack of SD Card, Multitasking, Price

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Last month, Microsoft started making ads that brought back memories from the Mac vs. PC days. The ads have an iPad sitting next to a Windows 8 tablet and Siri
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default New Microsoft Ad Bashes iPad Zooming, Lack of SD Card, Multitasking, Price

Last month, Microsoft started making ads that brought back memories from the Mac vs. PC days. The ads have an iPad sitting next to a Windows 8 tablet and Siri making comments made to embarrass Apple and their tablet, while making the Windows 8 tablet look good in the process.

Microsoft has released yet another new ad that this time uses Siri against Apple in a whole new way. This ad uses a Dell tablet against the iPad, rather than an ASUS tablet, and focuses on zooming, SD card support, and multitasking.

For a mobile-friendly video link that works with our app, tap on the video link below:

Video link

As the user attempts to zoom out on the iPad home screen, Siri says, "I'm sorry; I don't zoom like that. Ouch! Ouch!" On the Windows tablet, the user zooms out on the home screen to access more applications at a glance. The ad then moves on to SD card storage, where the iPad user tries to put an SD card into the iPad for additional storage, where the Windows 8 tablet supports SD cards. finally, the ad moves into multitasking, where Siri makes yet another comment about the fact that the Windows 8 tablet can do two things at once.

Perhaps the most stinging part of the ad is at the end, where each tablet user removes their tablet from the frame and the prices are revealed. You hear Siri say, "Oh, that's not cool" as the prices display the iPad at $599 for a 32GB model and the Windows 8 Dell tablet at $399 for a 32GB model, which is just a limited time offer of course.

Sources: YouTube

Green Apple
    Thanks

That's a very misleading price comparison, seeing as how the iPad 32gb has ~30gb of usable space vs ~15gb.
    A much more accurate comparison is to compare it to the price of the 16gb iPad at $499.
    Last edited by Raptor2213; 06-14-2013 at 04:38 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Nothing like iOS can do with its magic...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Very well stated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor2213 View Post
    That's a very misleading price comparison, seeing as how the iPad 32gb has ~30gb of usable space vs ~15gb.
    A more accurate comparison is to compare it to the price of the 16gb iPad at $499.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I like the "limited time offer" that sneakily slides up at the end😂

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,595 Times in 660 Posts

Ya MS dropping the price because no one wants those POS's First the giving them a free 100.00 keyboard/cover and now a price drop to help sell those POS's. For me i don't care how much they drop the price, i still wouldn't by one especially running windows 8!!! LOL

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rcworship View Post
    I like the "limited time offer" that sneakily slides up at the end��

Lol yeah, I love how they try and sneak that in at the end. The price will raise after the limited time offer...then what Microsoft?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post

Lol yeah, I love how they try and sneak that in at the end. The price will raise after the limited time offer...then what Microsoft?
    Then they have an OS which doesn't know if it's a tablet or desktop and an App Store with 0 good apps! Seriously, they don't even have Facebook last I checked!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor2213 View Post
    A more accurate comparison is to compare it to the price of the 16gb iPad at $499.
    I am guessing that was the point of showing the ability to add a $50 64GB SSD card and then what? Oh it has double the memory and is still $150 less.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Challenger always bash the market leader, remember Apple with their Mac vs PC ads?
    One can cheaply add memory to windows tablet? How about that usable space?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Doran's Avatar
    Thanks

I shouldn't have watched this video. Now I am more disgusted by MS misleading ads.

For a limited time you can get a 32gig iPad Mini for $359.00

Just saying.......
    Last edited by Doran; 06-14-2013 at 03:48 PM.

Thanks

It's not the tab I don't want it's the limited apps that stopped me from buying this! This thing could teleport for all I care but with no decent apps it's pointless!!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to se23 For This Useful Post:

SpidermanAPV (06-14-2013)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    Ya MS dropping the price because no one wants those POS's First the giving them a free 100.00 keyboard/cover and now a price drop to help sell those POS's. For me i don't care how much they drop the price, i still wouldn't by one especially running windows 8!!! LOL
    I agree with you 100%

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

It runs Windows, not worth 9.99.
    If I can't mod it...I don't want it.

Thanks

Plus on the stupid windows tablet or whatever it is just like the galaxy phone you can't save apps on the extended storage. So after the space you run out on the tablet then what? 60gig card still won't do you any good. You only have 15 gig hard drive to fool with lol

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    Then they have an OS which doesn't know if it's a tablet or desktop and an App Store with 0 good apps! Seriously, they don't even have Facebook last I checked!
    Who cares about the appstore? Its not super secure like Apple's mobile OS and you can download billions of apps on the internet, including a facebook app.

And it's not that their OS "cant decide", its meant to be bring harmony to both the Tablet market AND the Desktop market. Making a friendly user experience on both.

Some of you guys are just close minded and need to learn to respect technology for what it is. Just cause another company uses an advertising technique against your idol doesnt make it garbage. I haven't seen one person comment on this giving a legit reason why an iPad is better. Just a bunch of fanboys defending a company.

Its incredibly disappointing.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SawyerBenjamin View Post
    Who cares about the appstore? Its not super secure like Apple's mobile OS and you can download billions of apps on the internet, including a facebook app.

And it's not that their OS "cant decide", its meant to be bring harmony to both the Tablet market AND the Desktop market. Making a friendly user experience on both.

Some of you guys are just close minded and need to learn to respect technology for what it is. Just cause another company uses an advertising technique against your idol doesnt make it garbage. I haven't seen one person comment on this giving a legit reason why an iPad is better. Just a bunch of fanboys defending a company.

We don't have to give a legit reason why we like the iPad better, it's our choice! The reasons that are given for not liking the MS Tablet may not be "legit" to you, but to us that's all we need to say we enjoy the iPad better. And not everyone was calling the MS Tablet garbage, some of us just thought it was funny the way they tried to make the price a major selling point when it was only a limited time offer and the amount of space compared isn't correct. We could say the same thing to you....just another Microsoft fanboy defending a company...

19. The Following User Says Thank You to steve-z17 For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (06-14-2013)

Thanks

I prefer the quality of apple products. So far I haven't seen anyone else with a near match. Yes, we can search the Internet for apps, but what's the point in that? What a hassle! I also prefer the apple ecosystem. I know others have cool hardware features, but Apple TV with all the other devices really seem to harmonize quite well, in my experience and opinion. I've tried windows 8 briefly, and, I don't care for it. For me, those are legit. Just preference. To each his own 😊

Thanks

To your first point, to many the App Store is everything. Seriously. One of the main reasons I buy Apple products is the extreme quantity AND quality of apps.

I have to stick with my point that it 'can't decide.' I constantly have to switch back and forth between Metro and Desktop mode when I use Windows 8 and it annoys me. You shouldn't need metro on a PC nor Desktop on a tablet.

I use Windows, Android, and iOS devices daily. I fail to see how that's close minded. I simply prefer the Apple product.

Thanks

^This^