Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Microsoft Ad Bashes iPad Zooming, Lack of SD Card, Multitasking, Price

Thanks

I think the Ad was VERY Misleading. The ONLY other Tablet I've owned Besides my iPad Mini was the Galaxy Tab 7.0. Now THAT'S A TABLET Contender. Microsoft is just bitter because they are becoming irrelevant in this Tablet war. It's not their fault; they just came late to the game. As I've always said, it's a Apple/Samsung world right now..with Nokia coming in third & Windows somewhere behind there.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor2213 View Post
    That's a very misleading price comparison, seeing as how the iPad 32gb has ~30gb of usable space vs ~15gb.
    A much more accurate comparison is to compare it to the price of the 16gb iPad at $499.
    It's OK if you don't feel like / don't want to take the SDCard Expansion into account. It's OK.

Why so mad everyone. It's just an ad hahahahahahahahahahahaha.
    If Apple can take it, Why can't you???

That one sucked compared to the other one. Pretty useless features nonetheless

Quote Originally Posted by SawyerBenjamin View Post
    Who cares about the appstore? Its not super secure like Apple's mobile OS and you can download billions of apps on the internet, including a facebook app.

And it's not that their OS "cant decide", its meant to be bring harmony to both the Tablet market AND the Desktop market. Making a friendly user experience on both.

Some of you guys are just close minded and need to learn to respect technology for what it is. Just cause another company uses an advertising technique against your idol doesnt make it garbage. I haven't seen one person comment on this giving a legit reason why an iPad is better. Just a bunch of fanboys defending a company.

Its incredibly disappointing.
    Given some of the responses It seems that no one here has really used windows 8, being a ios forum that is understandable. I have recently bought a high spec ultra book for a month or so. At first I liked the new look and was interested by the combination of the two interfaces.
    Unfortunately "harmony" is not word to describe what they have created, "a disastrous mess" would be a better description, or another windows vista disaster.
    Things that make this operating system a nightmare include:
    A lack of common initiative a way to close applications.
    Constant 100% CPU usages.
    It crashes every time you perform a restart
    The task bar breaks and stops working frequently.
    Other parts of the ui just stop working for ages.
    The "touch screen interface" is actually just a bigger version of the start menu.
    Ie 10 is unstable.
    If there is an update available for an app, windows will prevent you from using it until you update that app.
    Windows 8 is just a very bad operating system, when I get a chance I'm moving back to windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    We don't have to give a legit reason why we like the iPad better, it's our choice! The reasons that are given for not liking the MS Tablet may not be "legit" to you, but to us that's all we need to say we enjoy the iPad better. And not everyone was calling the MS Tablet garbage, some of us just thought it was funny the way they tried to make the price a major selling point when it was only a limited time offer and the amount of space compared isn't correct. We could say the same thing to you....just another Microsoft fanboy defending a company...
    The only real reason why the iPad is better is because Windows 8 sucks. Plain and simple. If it was Windows 7 on that tablet then it would be better.
    They cant say the iPad is better because of the apps. That Windows tablet can make the apps for the iPad where the iPad cant. The Windows tablet can do whatever it wants and run whatever OS it wants where the iPad cant. There are so many reasons why the Windows tablet is so much better than an iPad but because its running Windows 8 its not as good as an iPad. Thats the only reason.

Thanks

I work in IT. I work in a dominant Windows environment. At my company users have a choice between iPad and Surface Pro. Over 95% chose iPad. Nothing more to say.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bigboyz For This Useful Post:

Rcworship (06-16-2013)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12