+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Rumored to Start Next-Gen iPad Production in July and iPad Mini in November

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    Thanks

Default Apple Rumored to Start Next-Gen iPad Production in July and iPad Mini in November

A recently released report from DigiTimes claims that Apple will begin mass production of the fifth-generation iPad in July or August ahead of a third-quarter launch, while the ramp-up for the next iPad mini has been pushed back to November. Citing sources at Apple’s partner suppliers in Taiwan, DigiTimes is reporting that the redesigned 9.7-inch iPad will see a production window between the months of July and August with initial shipments reaching 5 million units by the end of September.

The publication noted that Apple’s flagship tablet will see an expected design change with thinner bezels and a slimmer profile bringing it more in line with the current iPad mini. As for the next-generation iPad mini, the sources mentioned that production has been pushed back one month to November, though no reason was given for the delay.

Market watchers speculate that Apple may be staggering the two product introductions as the mini negatively impacted sales of the full-sized iPad last year. Another theory is that the supply chain can’t meet the original build schedule.

With the delay, the total number of iPads shipped during 2013 could be lower than earlier forecasts of 80 to 100 million units, with shipment weighing in at 65% for the 9.7-inch iPad and 35% for the iPad mini. There have been a slew of different rumors regarding the upcoming next-gen iPads though with most pointing to major changes in design for the full-sized iPad and the iPad mini receiving a high-resolution display but we’ll ultimately have to wait and see.

Source: DigiTimes

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Wonder when we can hv iPad mini with Retina display.

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

I've been waiting since February for the new iPad... Hurry up!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I thought they started production a while ago. Guess those reports were unreliable.........

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    I've been waiting since February for the new iPad... Hurry up!
    I broke down and bought the iPad 4. I needed it for work and couldn't wait any longer.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lck5775 View Post
    Wonder when we can hv iPad mini with Retina display.
    Yeah I am waiting for the Mini with retina display, and I bet is going to be lighter.

iPhone? More like MyPhone SpidermanAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by garfielgato2 View Post
    Yeah I am waiting for the Mini with retina display, and I bet is going to be lighter.
    Retina=heavier

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    Retina=heavier
    Correct unless they are going to use the new igzod display or what ever it is which uses 90% less power than the current retina display so they wouldn't need as big a battery.

What's Jailbreak? usernamesarehard7's Avatar
    Thanks
    So tired of them refreshing apple products with little things that make my old iPads seem crappy even though I'm just mad because I don't have the newest and greatest thing from apple. Lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    I broke down and bought the iPad 4. I needed it for work and couldn't wait any longer.

Everytime I go to the apple store I'm so tempted to buy one... But I know the next -gen is just around the corner and I'm trying to hold out as long as I can

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    Everytime I go to the apple store I'm so tempted to buy one... But I know the next -gen is just around the corner and I'm trying to hold out as long as I can
    Yea I waited till the beginning of April when everyone kept saying March, then they were saying April and now it sounds like it won't be till October or November. That was too long for me since I truly use it everyday for work.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    Yea I waited till the beginning of April when everyone kept saying March, then they were saying April and now it sounds like it won't be till October or November. That was too long for me since I truly use it everyday for work.
    Yeah that I understand, I would only use it as a fun type thing to have so waiting isn't a big deal for me