+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Microsoft's Latest Ad Slams iPad Hardware, Multitasking, Printing Capabilities

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Microsoft yesterday released an ad that mocked the iPad next to a Windows 8 tablet and used Siri’s voice to humorously ridicule the iPad’s capabilities compared to the Windows 8
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Microsoft's Latest Ad Slams iPad Hardware, Multitasking, Printing Capabilities

Microsoft yesterday released an ad that mocked the iPad next to a Windows 8 tablet and used Siri’s voice to humorously ridicule the iPad’s capabilities compared to the Windows 8 tablet.

Thought it would stop there? Of course not! – Enter round two of the iPad roasting…

For a mobile-friendly video link that works with our app, tap on the video link below:

YouTube Link

Microsoft’s latest ad, spotted by 9to5Mac, teases the iPad next to an Asus VivoTab RT. This time, the ad focuses on hardware specifications, showing that the Windows 8 tablet is thinner and lighter than Apple’s latest fourth-generation iPad, and that the iPad requires a microSD card adapter, while the Windows 8 tablet comes with a microSD card reader built right in.

The ad also issues a drop kick to the iPad, showing that the Windows 8 tablet comes with Microsoft office and that the Windows 8 tablet can do two things at once, while the iPad requires you to switch from one application to the next, making you do only one thing at once. Notably, Microsoft doesn't make mention of apple's iWork platform for the iOS device lineup and instead teases that iOS only has access to Microsoft's OneNote application.

Printing is also brought up; the iPad does requires specific AirPrint printers, while Microsoft claims the Windows 8 tablet will work with nearly all printers.

Sources: 9to5Mac
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 05-23-2013 at 02:27 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 724 Posts

There's already a thread about this am I right

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    There's already a thread about this am I right
    The other thread you are referring to is linked in the article and it's a different ad.

Thanks

I'm not sure what the RT versions of windows 8 tablets are like but I am sure glad I bought the surface pro even though it had quite the price tag (I was pretty much saving for it the moment I read about it). I can't imagine how many different apps I would've had to buy/download to get the same functionality out of an iPad. I do plan on get an RT tablet in the future just for media consumption. Having a device the easily integrates with my home network was and is essential for me. That being said there's really nothing wrong with the iPad it just isn't the device for me.

Green Apple
    Thanks

End of the day,Microsoft are flogging a dead horse,no amount comparisons are gonna discourage ppl from buying an ipad over a surface,for 99.9% of ppl the iPad does more than enough

Thanks

Ok so Microsoft is trying to make itself look better by comparing the hardware of an iPad not to a surface tablet but to some other windows one. That would be fine if they were comparing the os but the fact they are comparing another manufacturers hardware with the iPad to make themselves look good says a lot

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalhack View Post
    Ok so Microsoft is trying to make itself look better by comparing the hardware of an iPad not to a surface tablet but to some other windows one. That would be fine if they were comparing the os but the fact they are comparing another manufacturers hardware with the iPad to make themselves look good says a lot
    Pretty much all the RT tablets run very similar hardware. There's practically no difference between them other than form factor

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    The other thread you are referring to is linked in the article and it's a different ad.
    Sorry I pulled an Internet screwup. Didn't realize it was a different video. Lol

Thanks
    Thanked 3,852 Times in 883 Posts

Needs a special apple printer? WTF are they talking about. I have an HP that works fine with iOS printing lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    Needs a special apple printer? WTF are they talking about. I have an HP that works fine with iOS printing lol
    Yeah I was about to say. Works flawlessly with any wifi printer. Better than my parents computer which is hooked up to it lol

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah I was about to say. Works flawlessly with any wifi printer. Better than my parents computer which is hooked up to it lol
    Same it prints just fine on my wifi printer... Haha

Thanks

Can't see the ad

Green Apple
    Thanks

The first commercial is great. It came on yesterday while I was watching the Heat game. I enjoyed it as it is really accurate on how unproductive and overall useless the iPad is. I was glad to get rid of mine when I recently picked up the Surface Pro, which is an excelent device. If Apple made something to compete with the Surface Pro (iPad/Macbook Air hybird) I think it would would be a really good device. I do not see them doing that anytime soon though.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If you can't beat them, then bash them. Notice how Apple shows you what you can do with their products, while M$ and Samsung try to make fun of Apple Products.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthless Killa8 View Post
    The first commercial is great. It came on yesterday while I was watching the Heat game. I enjoyed it as it is really accurate on how unproductive and overall useless the iPad is. I was glad to get rid of mine when I recently picked up the Surface Pro, which is an excelent device. If Apple made something to compete with the Surface Pro (iPad/Macbook Air hybird) I think it would would be a really good device. I do not see them doing that anytime soon though.
    iPad are as unproductive and useless as the user's ability is. My work is replacing laptops with iPad for the salesforce.
    Last edited by Perceptum; 05-23-2013 at 02:44 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

if there were as many apps available for the surface rt then I would consider it to be a serious contender until then not so much. At the end of the day apps are everything.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Perceptum View Post
    iPad are as unproductive and useless as the user's ability is. My work is replacing laptops with iPad for the salesforce.
    That's kind of a misnomer. It really all depends on the type of work you need to get done. The iPad is limited especially when dealing with other computers. How easy is it to transfer a file to your iPad from your network, take it somewhere else and then transfer it again on a different network? Because any windows tablet will those types of things out of the box. No need for iTunes or apps.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombian For This Useful Post:

iPhonePutz (05-23-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Well, the only features the iPad is missing is multitasking and working with USB sticks. If jailbroken, the Camera Connection kit works with some of my 4GB USB sticks, but if you are NOT jailbroken, then you are stuck with only being able to import files (of any type if they are zipped/PDFed first). However this lack of USB support did not stop me buying an iPad!

Thanks

A lot of people like the user friendly and simplicity of the device and the fact that it doesn't have problems.

Thanks

A lot of people like the user friendly and simplicity of the device and the fact that it doesn't have problems.
    No argument there. Apple products are very intuitive and easy to pick up and use. Especially for people who are unfamiliar with smart phones and tablets. That's not to say those are the only people who use them.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Dave View Post
    Well, the only features the iPad is missing is multitasking and working with USB sticks. If jailbroken, the Camera Connection kit works with some of my 4GB USB sticks, but if you are NOT jailbroken, then you are stuck with only being able to import files (of any type if they are zipped/PDFed first). However this lack of USB support did not stop me buying an iPad!
    That's pretty much why I didn't buy an iPad. I love my iPhone but after 4 years with it I'm getting fed up with having to jailbreak my device to get more functionality out of it. Which is why for my tablet I went with one where I didn't have to compromise. I've been doing that for far too long.
    Last edited by Zombian; 05-23-2013 at 03:13 PM.

Thanks

Wow! Is it also compatible with all the Windows viruses and trojans? And does it have a registry?
    Last edited by krayzeeman; 05-23-2013 at 03:57 PM.