+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Microsoft's Latest Ad Slams iPad Hardware, Multitasking, Printing Capabilities

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Originally Posted by Zombian That's kind of a misnomer. It really all depends on the type of work you need to get done. The iPad is limited especially when dealing
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zombian View Post
    That's kind of a misnomer. It really all depends on the type of work you need to get done. The iPad is limited especially when dealing with other computers. How easy is it to transfer a file to your iPad from your network, take it somewhere else and then transfer it again on a different network? Because any windows tablet will those types of things out of the box. No need for iTunes or apps.
    Hi, you might like to try Apple App Store app ezShare Pro by Antecea, you can browse any networked shared folders then sync, copy or paste files over the networks wifi.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

That's kind of a misnomer. It really all depends on the type of work you need to get done. The iPad is limited especially when dealing with other computers. How easy is it to transfer a file to your iPad from your network, take it somewhere else and then transfer it again on a different network? Because any windows tablet will those types of things out of the box. No need for iTunes or apps.
    There are 5,000 apps that can transfer files to and from networks. Are you kidding me?

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    There are 5,000 apps that can transfer files to and from networks.
    This is a bug, not a feature. Too many friggin apps that do the same thing. Apple should continually remove apps in the bottom 1 percentile of downloads and ratings until the crap is gone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buggsy2 View Post
    This is a bug, not a feature. Too many friggin apps that do the same thing. Apple should continually remove apps in the bottom 1 percentile of downloads and ratings until the crap is gone.
    Download the one in the Top 300 list.

By your analogy, having all that bloat ware on androids is also bugs since everybody turns off those features to get decent battery life anyway.

Thanks

I don't need an app because my surface does it just fine thanks

Thanks

I don't need an app because my surface does it just fine thanks
    See that's the problem. Your surface does that and that's good but what about millions of people who will never ever in their life transfer a file from one network to another? Guess what, their tablet will use that space for that built in feature that they will never use. I'm sure you are having fun with the 23gb capacity on your 64gb tablet. Your tablet is full of features that a user might need it or not. With an iPad, if u need a feature, just download an app. If you don't need it, well, then don't download the app.

You are welcome.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Once again Microsoft is lost in Fiction. Good to see Microsoft is now copying Samslung's ad campaign style. I'll still take Quality over Microsoft and Slamslung not to mention security over selling my info like guggle.

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,335 Times in 729 Posts

And my girlfriend would've gotten a surface for work but I told her out of that 64gigs she would get about 20ish left. She got an iPad

Banned
    Thanks

As much as Microsoft has been going hard with the FAIL these days, they're definitely still light years ahead of Crapple!

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    And my girlfriend would've gotten a surface for work but I told her out of that 64gigs she would get about 20ish left. She got an iPad
    Well that's good, because getting a LAPTOP probably wouldn't have been the best solution over BOTH of those choices

But at least now she has a cool toy she can play video games on
    Last edited by JustCause152; 05-23-2013 at 09:54 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JustCause152 View Post
    As much as Microsoft has been going hard with the FAIL these days, they're definitely still light years ahead of Crapple!

Well that's good, because getting a LAPTOP probably wouldn't have been the best solution over BOTH of those choices

But at least now she has a cool toy she can play video games on
    Sooo... Did you make a profile today just to troll on posts...?

OR

Did Samsung pay you? Haha

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthless Killa8 View Post
    The first commercial is great. It came on yesterday while I was watching the Heat game. I enjoyed it as it is really accurate on how unproductive and overall useless the iPad is. I was glad to get rid of mine when I recently picked up the Surface Pro, which is an excelent device. If Apple made something to compete with the Surface Pro (iPad/Macbook Air hybird) I think it would would be a really good device. I do not see them doing that anytime soon though.
    Wow! Surface pro, huh? How many MB of usable space does it have again?

iPhone? More like MyPhone zeppy's Avatar
    Thanks

Microsoft has committed great sins in the past and deserves to suffer their current fate. However the BEST thing that can happen is for MS to hit Apple hard and shake up the corrupt greedy management at Apple.

Consumers need to see even more competition so that Apple can go back to bringing the public top-notch innovative products like Apple did in the past!

Thanks

Isn't iPad a mobile device where Surface is an actual computer??

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I care more about the software than hardware.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by orgy9111 View Post
    Isn't iPad a mobile device where Surface is an actual computer??
    Surface is a mobile device with a full blown OS on it that takes up about 40 GB. Kinda like using a Remote Desktop app like Jump or LogMeIn on your iPad.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    Surface is a mobile device with a full blown OS on it that takes up about 40 GB. Kinda like using a Remote Desktop app like Jump or LogMeIn on your iPad.
    Alright we'll then make it a 128gb and sell it for the same price.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mohit555 View Post
    Wow! Surface pro, huh? How many MB of usable space does it have again?
    Came with about 85-90 I believe. Put the recover partition on a USB and you get another 10 MBs, which is more than I currently need. And if I ever needed more, I could get an SD card for cheap since you know, Microsoft actually includes a slot for one.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthless Killa8 View Post
    Came with about 85-90 I believe. Put the recover partition on a USB and you get another 10 MBs, which is more than I currently need. And if I ever needed more, I could get an SD card for cheap since you know, Microsoft actually includes a slot for one.
    WOW DUDE! 10 mb? U might be able to store a song!!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Mohit555 For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (05-24-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mohit555 View Post
    WOW DUDE! 10 mb? U might be able to store a song!!
    I believe he's talking GBs

And I'm curious if they bring out a 128gb iPhone 5s there should be about 125gbs left. As opposed to other devices being 16gb you get 13gbs left

Thanks

When it comes down to it the Surface Pro has some serious deficiencies. Currently the size is to thick. The tablet generates to much heat. It is to heavy. The battery only lasts 5 hours and is not nearly long enough. This is all to be expected when any one tries to put a desktop OS on a handheld device. I applaud MS for heading in this direction, but in reality it missed the mark in making a tablet. Hopefully MS can make improvements and I will then recommend them for laptop replacements. I heard really good things about RT, an OS designed for a hand held device.