+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Decreasing Demand for iPad mini? Not So Fast

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 558 Posts

Default Decreasing Demand for iPad mini? Not So Fast

According to the CEO of Pegatron - the company rumored to be leading efforts to help Apple produce its low-cost iPhone for release in the third quarter of this year - there hasn't necessarily been a significant reduction in demand for Apple's iPad mini.

Earlier this week, reports filled the blogosphere that insisted Apple's pint-sized tablet had endured a weakening of market demand. Pegatron's chief executive officer Jason Cheng was asked about this rumor and clearly backed away from any confirmation of the iPad mini's struggle to stay in demand.

As it turns out, Pegtaron may be to blame for these rumors in the first place. Or, perhaps, it was Bloomberg. You see, Bloomberg recently implied that Pegatron's declining revenues may have been caused to an extent by reduced demand for Apple's iPad mini.

"I clearly refused to comment on specific products, nor customers, even though he continued with other questions," Cheng reportedly said after the Bloomberg piece ran. "I did say those words that he quotes me in the article… but I did not say anything associated with any specific products."

The Pegatron boss classified any claims about the iPad mini's softening demand as pure "speculation."

Sources: Bloomberg, Apple 2.0

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,595 Times in 660 Posts

Rumors, speculation, rumors, speculation???? This is why I just wait! I even laugh at the local abc news channel when they report on Apple is coming out with low cost iPhone this fall. I just think "how can you report news like that on the air on a rumor/speculation"???

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Carvensno For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (05-09-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If they ever put a retina display on this bad boy I'll snag one. Until then....I wait

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Some are saying the will put retina display, some are saying battery will be a problem for retina display

iPhone? More like MyPhone 5kylar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    Rumors, speculation, rumors, speculation???? This is why I just wait! I even laugh at the local abc news channel when they report on Apple is coming out with low cost iPhone this fall. I just think "how can you report news like that on the air on a rumor/speculation"???
    Because the media reports what they are told to report, and when to report it. The anchormen/anchorwomen doesn't give a flying f*** where the info is sourced at, it's just a job to them.
    iPhone 4 - iOS 7.0.4 Jailbroken

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Everybody is waiting for retina mini.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    Often because they report it AS rumor or speculation OR they have a good source and actually have solid info. I, for one, have made good decisions in the past based on such reporting. I listen to the particulars and determine if it is speculation, rumor, inside information subject to change, or something more concrete. Hell, even officially announced information is far from a confirmation, like the white iPhone 4 launch date!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Like every other Apple product demand slows as we await the updated version... retina.