+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Gates: Consumers are "Frustrated" with the iPad

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I've never really been into the whole tablet thing anyways. They are pretty useless in my opinion. There just isn't anything I can do on one that I couldn't do
    iPhone? More like MyPhone 5kylar's Avatar
    Thanks

I've never really been into the whole tablet thing anyways. They are pretty useless in my opinion. There just isn't anything I can do on one that I couldn't do on my laptop or iPhone, or iPod for that matter. The Surface sounds nice in theory (thanks, Zokunei for explaining it) but I doubt it's got anywhere near the specs my laptop has, and it's just as portable
    iPhone 5c - iOS 7.0.4 Jailbroken

Thanks

I love my iPad and with the right apps I can do almost everything I need to do when mobile. I have a Mac Pro for when I need to do some real design or rendering. My iPad has proved to be a great web editor, which is what I really need when mobile.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Angry I know what actually happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by cgfusion View Post
    Gates is delusional, no facts, I was a huge Windows fan, once I used Apple Products I saw the light. My work and home life is so much more organized now. And Customer Service, if I have to talk to someone I can actually understand what they are saying. When it comes to technology and what each has to offer to make me more productive and organized, price
    Don't mean crap anymore.
    Well Mr Gates. Have you ever thought about the numerous 'Hangs', the Blue screen errors, the illegal operations, the virus's and malware ridden OS that your company builds. Imagine how much frustration and grief you've given to all your customers who have been living at the mercy of your unthoughtful OSes. I am so happy with the Ipad/Iphone that If i had the choice (at office) I would never touch a windows OS ever again.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 778 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 5kylar View Post
    I've never really been into the whole tablet thing anyways. They are pretty useless in my opinion. There just isn't anything I can do on one that I couldn't do on my laptop or iPhone, or iPod for that matter. The Surface sounds nice in theory (thanks, Zokunei for explaining it) but I doubt it's got anywhere near the specs my laptop has, and it's just as portable
    +1
    Only reason I have the iPad 3 is cuz work gave it to me, an iPad Mini for the wife as a book reader and our iPad 2 is, now, just for kids games.

I prefer my phone or MBAir over any tablet

iPhone? More like MyPhone Slim J's Avatar
    Thanks

One thing I do have to say is tablets do have their place, it's just that place isn't desktops. That's where Microsoft got it all wrong. They are trying to unify the Metro interface and unifying tablets, phones and computers just doesn't work. Unifying tablets and phones works because look at the success the iPad and Android has brought. Like I said earlier, nobody wants to navigate a tablet interface with a good ol' keyboard and mouse. I also tried to use Windows 8 with one of those Logitech touch pads and I still really didn't like it because I still didn't feel in touch with the Metro screen, but that's because you're not.

Also, I'm not trying to be a fanboy here or anything, but I would rather use Windows 7 over Mac and Android over iOS. But if you give me a Windows 8 or RT tablet and an iPad, I would rather use an iPad because because it has way more apps and the RT feels more like a toy than anything productive. I browsed the Win8 app store and I found very few useful apps and most of the Win8 apps are games, quick fixes for entertainment or junk in general. Basically if M$ here doesn't get their s**t together, I will either use Windows 7 as long as I possibly can or find home somewhere else.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Nobody I know who owns an iPad is frustrated with it, but I do know several windows 8 users who are frustrated.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 5kylar View Post
    +2

Thanks

Is here remember when MS announce surface? The surface hang on announcement and need to use backup surface from below the desk??

Remember this??
    http://youtu.be/4QRWa68MtLc

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ariecloud For This Useful Post:

5kylar (05-07-2013), slim.jim (05-07-2013), vinaygoel2000 (05-07-2013)

Thanks

Ah, yes, we've devolved into the usual, "The iThis sux, I would never own one. The iThat is soooo much better." It may come as a surprise to a lot of fanboyz, but Apple is actually trying to sell one device to everyone, rather than every device to just the fanboyz. It's called market segmentation, and it is why Skippy sells both creamy AND crunchy peanut butter. (Creamy is WAY better; crunchy sux, so I buy creamy. Others obviously feel differently, and only buy crunchy peanut butter. Hell, some people buy Marmite-- no accounting for taste there! )

If you don't like a particular product, rather than denigrate it because it is unfit for your uses, just don't buy it. I think Apple has done a remarkable job of widening their customer base in recent years through broadening their product offering, but not every product is intended for every potential customer. So relax, people.

Green Apple
    Thanks

It's true, you can't even pair a stabdard bluetooth device unless its APPLE approved and you've paid double the price for it. This is true for many other devices you want to use with Apple IOS. People are fed up with being ripped off by an operating platform that forces specific purchases and thereby reduces competition savings for the public.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ariecloud View Post
    Is here remember when MS announce surface? The surface hang on announcement and need to use backup surface from below the desk??

Remember this??
    http://youtu.be/4QRWa68MtLc
    Around 0:52 in the video, look at all of the Macs in the audience, lol.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

This is the same Bill Gates who thought it would be a good idea to hire Steve Ballmer??? He thinks he still has any credibility left?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 778 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Albut View Post
    It's true, you can't even pair a stabdard bluetooth device unless its APPLE approved and you've paid double the price for it. This is true for many other devices you want to use with Apple IOS. People are fed up with being ripped off by an operating platform that forces specific purchases and thereby reduces competition savings for the public.
    What are you talking about?!?!

I have a $20 pair of cheap Bluetooth headphones/mic that paired flawlessly w/ several iPhones and iPads. I can switch trax, initiate Siri, answer/end calls, etc, etc. I've also paired to several generic and brand name car stereos w/out issues AT ALL!

Second, my linksys, FIOS, and Netgear routers have never had a problem connecting to my MAC products.

Third, I can hook up any External Hard Drive or jump drive to my Macs w/out issues. I will say, I hate that Apple automatically creates a Trash Can on those USB devices but a few lines in Terminal fixes that for good.

So, please explain how I'm forced to buy Apple-Approved accessories to work w/ my Apple devices?!?!

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

5kylar (05-07-2013), slim.jim (05-07-2013), vinaygoel2000 (05-07-2013)

Thanks
    Wow... i never thought Bill gates to be a moron! Does he even own a Windows 8 computer?! :/

iPhone? More like MyPhone ohthatguyagain's Avatar
    Thanks

Love that part about combining benefits of the tablet with the 'benefits of the PC.'

Umm... What benefits? The door stop functionality, the high-rise drop, or the hourglass/lunch breaks?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    There are so many things wrong with this report right off the bat. It is meant to sound like Apple is doing better but they only are on iPads, not laptops and PCs. Then you have the fact that this isn't having anything to do with phones and I'm sure most people are going to argue about "well Apple is the best marketer in phones." No ****. Windows is meant to be a PC, not a phone. Not to mention how useless the iPad really is. I would have a Pro if it weren't for the price and that's why most people don't buy it. And if Apple computers and laptops were useful for something other than google and iTunes then I would actually buy one. Apple computers are absolutely trash. Not to mention its like the iPhones, no where near close to as much accessibility to customization as Windows. Apple loses in the long run to me for anything more than a phone and music listening device.
    Spoken like someone who has never used/owned one. I used/built custom PC's all my life. About a year ago, I bought at 27" iMac. I would NEVER go back to that garbage they call Windows. I can do ANYTHING on my iMac that I could on my previous PC's, and it does it faster......without the BSODs and viruses.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    There are so many things wrong with this report right off the bat. It is meant to sound like Apple is doing better but they only are on iPads, not laptops and PCs. Then you have the fact that this isn't having anything to do with phones and I'm sure most people are going to argue about "well Apple is the best marketer in phones." No ****. Windows is meant to be a PC, not a phone. Not to mention how useless the iPad really is. I would have a Pro if it weren't for the price and that's why most people don't buy it. And if Apple computers and laptops were useful for something other than google and iTunes then I would actually buy one. Apple computers are absolutely trash. Not to mention its like the iPhones, no where near close to as much accessibility to customization as Windows. Apple loses in the long run to me for anything more than a phone and music listening device.
    Well I like the way that everything in the MacOSX is simpler when compared to any of the windows platforms. The pricing though... is ridiculous. I would rather put in a few dollars more and buy an alienware which is way more powerful than the pro lineup of macbooks. However, Apple leads when it comes to other handheld devices. (O lord... if only they get rid of iTunes... I'm sure a lot of ppl prefer the drag and drop process rather than the constant syncing s##t!!)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Microsoft is just being overconfident with their office suite which they never port or will port to idevices. But I'm still surprised why don't apple implement any good word processing app for their idevices, if this happens it'll throw surface out of water. But then again if Microsoft port their office suite in iPad even with subscription based system they obviously will earn and so will apple.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jigar7 View Post
    Well I like the way that everything in the MacOSX is simpler when compared to any of the windows platforms. The pricing though... is ridiculous. I would rather put in a few dollars more and buy an alienware which is way more powerful than the pro lineup of macbooks. However, Apple leads when it comes to other handheld devices. (O lord... if only they get rid of iTunes... I'm sure a lot of ppl prefer the drag and drop process rather than the constant syncing s##t!!)
    Just use iCloud, I almost never sync any more and the free 5GB iCloud is plenty for both my iPhone and iPad. Or, turn on wireless backups and just leave iTunes open. Plug your phone in when you go to bed and hit sync. I see no problems with iTunes.

iPhone? More like MyPhone 5kylar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jigar7 View Post
    However, Apple leads when it comes to other handheld devices. (O lord... if only they get rid of iTunes... I'm sure a lot of ppl prefer the drag and drop process rather than the constant syncing s##t!!)
    Manually manage your music. I drag and drop all my music through iTunes. I do agree though in the sense that it's a s*** program. They won't ever get rid of it though. It's made the way it is to protect the music industry against piracy. Let's be honest though, if your not torrenting, your a fool. I adopt the robin hood morality when it comes to that
    iPhone 5c - iOS 7.0.4 Jailbroken