+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Samung's Galaxy Tab 3 Aimed to Take On Apple's iPad Mini

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    Thanks

Default Samung's Galaxy Tab 3 Aimed to Take On Apple's iPad Mini

Samsung recently announced its new Galaxy Tab 3, a 7-inch tablet with a 3G-enabled variant that will also double as a phone. Specifications on the Galaxy Tab 3 suggest that Samsung intends to undercut the $329 starting price of Apple’s iPad mini, although a price hasn’t been announced yet. The Galaxy Tab 3 marks the company’s second mid-sized tablet entry for 2013, following the Galaxy Note 8.0.

The tablet touts features such as a 7-inch display running at a resolution of 1,024 by 600 pixels, backed by a 1.2-GHz CPU and options for 8 or 16 GB of internal storage. The Galaxy Tab 3 is also said to be sporting a 3-megapixel rear camera, plus 1.3-megapixel forward facing lens. Last but not least, it will be shipping with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean as its operating system.

The two key features that Samsung decided to highlight for the tablet include its “easy handgrip and portability” and the ability for the 3G model to take calls much like a smartphone would. Unfortunately for those interested in buying the tablet, it should be noted that the Galaxy Tab 3 will not offer high-speed 4G LTE wireless connectivity.

The Galaxy Tab 3 is set to launch globally beginning in May with the Wi-Fi only model with the 3G-capable iteration debuting in June. If the past is any indication of the tablet market, Apple doesn’t seem to have much to worry about here despite the fact that the 3G iteration can take phone calls (a feature not found in Apple’s iPads).

Source: Samsung (Press Release)

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Green Apple
    Thanks

I am not buying that, waiting for iPad mini retina, and watch some netflix on it!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

What a piece of crap. So far the best 7" android tablet is the Nexus 7 and its $199. The refresh of the nexus 7 is coming up in a couple months. I'll wait to compare the nexus 7 vs ipad mini.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Waiting for iPad mini here

Thanks

iPad Mini indeed guys!!! I'm an Apple fan no matter what others has to offer it will not pull me away from Apple...
    Last edited by BUcLAo69; 04-29-2013 at 04:28 PM.

Thanks

I'm pretty sure Samesung Galaxy anything is aimed at apple.

Thanks

Looks decent

My iPhone is a Part of Me slim.jim's Avatar
    Thanks

Why would they put out something with lesser specs if they are trying to compete? Unless it is significantly cheaper, the iPad mini will win hands down.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BUcLAo69 View Post
    iPad Mini indeed guys!!! I'm an Apple fan no matter what others has to offer it will not pull me away from Apple...
    The I pad mini Rocks the competition I will Wait Apple fanboy 4 ever!

Thanks

what Good is a Tablet that doesn't Have LTE capabilities sure you can get one with Wi-Fi but 3G only?; Both Variants of the iPad have this Capability. Who cares if you can't make a Phone call on it, besides if it's on a Shared Data Plan, would you risk overages?. iPad Mini with Retina sounds nice but TBH I don't think i'll notice a difference between it & the current Model.
    Last edited by AKCHRIS; 04-29-2013 at 09:54 PM.

Thanks

This tablet has nothing to do with challenging the iPad mini. It is more about the HP 7 slate. I demo these things everyday and Samsung are not worried about the mini as it's a prince in it's own right but they don't want to be toppled from the android crown.