Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
04-29-2013, 02:07 PM #1
Square Register App Updated with Slew of Features
Square Register has recently received an update with a number of new features for the iPhone and the iPad. The new features make things easier for retail businesses by speeding up the checkout process for use in restaurants. On the iPad, restaurants are now given the option to customize orders for customers as well as adding the ability to add their names to the order. The ability to pair Bluetooth barcode scanners is also a new feature on the iPad which many users may find useful.
According to Square, tens of thousands of merchants working in the food industry are using the app. In just the past year alone, businesses related to the food industry that use Square have tripled and the amount of money they process has quadrupled. The update is one that is headed in the right direction for the company.
The changelog for the update can be found below:
New on iPhone:
- Item library: Add items to a sale with a tap. Build your item library to simplify and speed up checkout. Customize items with photos, names, and prices.
- Smarter payment pad: Add multiple custom amounts to a sale, add notes to each amount, and view or edit all amounts in one place before charging.
- Custom Tipping: Allow customers to enter custom tip amounts.
- New look: Ring up customers and edit settings more easily than ever with an all-new design.
New on iPad:
- Easy order modifiers: Customize orders at the counter and send them to your kitchen while your line keeps moving.
- Customizable kitchen tickets: Include a custom name or number on each kitchen ticket.
- Barcode scanning: Sync your Bluetooth barcode scanner with Square Register to speed up your checkout.