Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'CameraTweak HD' Brings the Power of CameraTweak to the iPad

Default 'CameraTweak HD' Brings the Power of CameraTweak to the iPad

Back in October of last year, we showed you a great jailbreak tweak for the iPhone and iPod touch called CameraTweak. The tweak added several useful new features to the Camera application, such as separated focus and exposure, timer modes, composition overlays, and much more. The developer, Samball, has just released an iPad version of the tweak called CameraTweak HD and is available in Cydia right now.

In the screenshot above, you can see what CameraTweak HD will look like on the iPad when in the photo-taking interface. The labels are just there to show you what each button does – they don’t appear in the actual jailbreak tweak. All of the buttons have a stock look to them. They include all of the following functions:

• toggling focus and exposure
    • time lapse button
    • timer button
    • burst mode toggle
    • resolution changer
    • zoom slider
    • lock or unlock white balance

Users will be able to pick any of the following photo composition overlays:

Notably, the tweak adds features for recording videos too. The screenshot below shows you the video-recording interface:

The additional features for video recording after installing CameraTweak HD include:

• toggling focus and exposure
    • changing the frame rate
    • modifying the aspect ratio
    • snapshot button for taking pictures while recording video
    • changing the video recording resolution
    • locking or unlocking white balance

CameraTweak HD takes good advantage of not only the iPad’s camera, but also the large canvas space that the iPad has to offer. If you’re an iOS photographer, you’ll want to give CameraTweak HD a try because of all the features that it packs into the stock iOS Camera application. This will help keep you from having to purchase a separate camera application in the App Store just to match these features.

CameraTweak HD is available right now in Cydia's BigBoss repository for 99. It is a separate purchase from CameraTweak, and CameraTweak HD is for the iPad only.

Name: CameraTweak HD
    Price: 99
    Version: 0.9
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Samball
    Editor's Rating:  5/5
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 04-20-2013 at 12:27 PM.

Cool app. As a side question, why do some developers still used the "HD" suffix for iPad versions of their apps? I could understand the reasoning before the iPhone received a retina display. And what about the first gen iPad Mini? It's not a big deal for me, I am merely curious as to why it's used.

HD usually relates to the iPad version as there is usually an iPhone version without the HD label as its small to fit the iPhone where the iPad is big so its HD.

What happened to lite versions of apps? That's the real question. I've always wanted cameratweak on my ipad. Yay

Quote Originally Posted by alanjf View Post
    Cool app. As a side question, why do some developers still used the "HD" suffix for iPad versions of their apps? I could understand the reasoning before the iPhone received a retina display. And what about the first gen iPad Mini? It's not a big deal for me, I am merely curious as to why it's used.
    This tweak is created with my iPad mini in mind and it looks great on it.