Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Auxo for iPad Set for Release Next Month

Default Auxo for iPad Set for Release Next Month

Auxo, the highly popular app switcher alternative for iOS that is available in Cydia for $1.99, is set to be made iPad-compatible as soon as next month (May). The announcement comes from the Twitter account of Ałtweaks, the development team of the popular jailbreak tweak.

Auxo is a project that was thought up by concept creator Sentry_NC, and was developed and maintained by iOS developers JamieD360 and Jack Willis. Since its original launch, the tweak's popularity has only skyrocketed for iPhone and iPod touch users – iPad users have had no way to take advantage of Auxo, yet.

Auxo reinvents the App Switcher by providing the user with application previews, which are overlaid by the actual application icon. The music controls are rethought, and an additional page for toggles is added for user convenience. The user controls the toggles that are visible and the order they appear. Several other options can be configured from the settings as well.

The iPad version of Auxo, teased in the image above from the developers, shows that it will indeed support the iPad soon, and that the iPad version of Auxo will display iPad-resolution application previews in the App Switcher just like how Auxo makes application previews taller on the iPhone 5 than on the iPhone 4S, and so on. Keep your eyes peeled!

Sources: Ałtweaks

Green Apple
    Thanks
    That's strange ..I already use it ..been using it with the ipad for months now ....

yah and its a crap version that doesnt supply all the features, at least on my ipad. now music controls, and no toggles. Kinda makes me wonder why they are saying it needs a complete rewrite? maybe so it will include a widescreen turning ability and and the icons will rotate from portrait to landscape properly. idk, but i also think its really lame that they are going to try to make me pay for it again for that same reason. i mean i enjoy auxo but these guys are really pulling a stunt, how many sales do they expect to get for 1.99? all 9000 original sales again? whatever, ill probably switch to a different app switcher when the time comes..

They need to work on the iPhone version. I had it. Deleted it. Reinstalled it when an update was suppose to fix the reboots issues. It didn't. It still has stability issues. And yes, before anyone jumps in saying its not auxo, it's other tweaks that have have compatibility with Auxo. That may be true. But Auxo needs to be tested with these, by Auxos developer. It but ridden and a waste of money as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhp41 View Post
    They need to work on the iPhone version. I had it. Deleted it. Reinstalled it when an update was suppose to fix the reboots issues. It didn't. It still has stability issues. And yes, before anyone jumps in saying its not auxo, it's other tweaks that have have compatibility with Auxo. That may be true. But Auxo needs to be tested with these, by Auxos developer. It but ridden and a waste of money as far as I'm concerned.
    Runs great on my iPhone 5. No memory leaks. No crashing. Add his beta repo and help him with the issues by email. Complaining on here doesn't really help fix the tweak.

I haven't had issues with Auxo for months now. I used to get a springboard crash here and there a while ago but that's a thing of the past. It's probably my most used tweak for the toggles. Can't wait for the iPad udpate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhp41 View Post
    I concur sir! You must have an iPhone 4 or 4S. I think it has something to do with the processor... I have the tweak on my iPad and i dont have nearly the same amount of crashes I did on my 4S. I ended deleting it on my 4S and download "Always Close" instead which is pretty straight forward.

Quote Originally Posted by ZSakowski View Post
    I concur sir! You must have an iPhone 4 or 4S. I think it has something to do with the processor... I have the tweak on my iPad and i dont have nearly the same amount of crashes I did on my 4S. I ended deleting it on my 4S and download "Always Close" instead which is pretty straight forward.
    Nope. iPhone 5. My main issue is the crashes. Constantly. I run a business and a crash here and there isn't a huge deal. It happens mainly on calls. Trying answer a call, crashes. 4 out of 10 times. This is where my issue lies, I just can't have that. Other tweaks, mail enhancer pro, any attach, folder enhancer, zephyr, full screen safari, springtomize. I don't use a lot of tweaks, and the ones I use are main tweaks used by many. I Auxo for the toggles, but I rarely use them. The preview of apps looks nice but isn't as functional as the regular switcher. If install it again if I knew that it would crash when I'm trying to take/place a call. Glad it's working for you.

Thanks

Sweet... Looking forward to installing on my girls iPad mini... Been loving it on my phone since it came out... Was crashing my springboard a lot at first, last few updates have taken care of that though... I'm running hella other tweaks and mods too...

iPhone? More like MyPhone ohthatguyagain's Avatar
    Thanks

So. So many ridiculous folks here.

There is a difference between auxo and aero. Auxo has not been released for iPad yet. Those that say they have it for iPad are... Unfortunately... Mistaken.

Auxo is a fantastic tweak that has been compatible with my iPhone 4 and 5. I have had exactly zero issues with compatibility despite the hordes of crud I install.