Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is This The Rear Casing of Apple's iPad 5?

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default Is This The Rear Casing of Apple's iPad 5?

It's a burning question across the blogosphere at this hour: Are these really images of the iPad 5's rear casing?

That's certainly what we're being told.

On Tuesday, the blog Tactus first published the images that purportedly show us more evidence that the next-generation iPad will closely resemble the look and feel of the iPad mini.

One of my Gadget spies has just sent through these images of the latest mould for iPad 5 case...

The notion of a new full-size iPad with smaller bezel also gained support last week, when photos of a supposed cover glass surface for a new iPad appeared online. The components pictured also had shallow rounded corners like the mini does.
    So... are these pics definitely legitimate? Can't say for sure. But the poster sounds pretty confident - and not only of the veracity of these pics. Tactus also says the iPad 5 will be announced June 18th and subsequently launched on June 27th.

Source: Tactus

So there colors. Wouldn't that also support that the iPhone 5s is getting colors as well like we've seen in the past?

Dear lord. Apple have one amazing design for a product so they then make every product exactly the same -.- they need to do a new design. If the rumors are right and the next iPhone is going to be from a design of Steve jobs own, they should make the newest iPad like that not like the last generation devices.

Well that's a lot better than Samsungs strategy of making one ****** design language and making all they're product mimic it

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    So there colors. Wouldn't that also support that the iPhone 5s is getting colors as well like we've seen in the past?
    I think those are just third party cases so the manufacturer can have whatever colors they want. It's not the metal back of the actual iPad 5. It's what you put your iPad into to protect it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mc-Lovin_341 View Post
    Dear lord. Apple have one amazing design for a product so they then make every product exactly the same -.- they need to do a new design. If the rumors are right and the next iPhone is going to be from a design of Steve jobs own, they should make the newest iPad like that not like the last generation devices.
    What did you have in mind? If the rumors are to be believed, the next iPad is going to be thinner, lighter, and have stereo speakers like the mini. What else do you thin should be changed?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    how smart are you people? thats clearly a case.

Quote Originally Posted by MacDevil7334 View Post
    What did you have in mind? If the rumors are to be believed, the next iPad is going to be thinner, lighter, and have stereo speakers like the mini. What else do you thin should be changed?
    I would like to see speakers on the front of the device to stop buffled sound when holding the device. Just like the HTC one. If anyone could pull that off on a tablet it would be Apple. I have the iPad 2 but much prefer the feeling of iPad 1 in my hand so maybe a more ergonomic body.

Quote Originally Posted by Outrager View Post
    I think those are just third party cases so the manufacturer can have whatever colors they want. It's not the metal back of the actual iPad 5. It's what you put your iPad into to protect it.
    Ringo's got it!

Quote Originally Posted by MacDevil7334 View Post
    The ipad mini doesn't have stereo speakers!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by swifty7 View Post
    The ipad mini doesn't have stereo speakers!!!!
    Yes, it does. http://m.cnet.com/news/apple-the-ipad-mini-has-stereo-speakers/57543714?ds=1

Quote Originally Posted by djmexi View Post
    how smart are you people? thats clearly a case.
    I agree. I don't know whether to laugh or shake my head.
    Last edited by hxclos; 04-17-2013 at 06:02 AM.

Thanks for the sneak peek

Am I missing something or is there no spot for a camera?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by taz1981m View Post
    Am I missing something or is there no spot for a camera?
    ? Top left corner, the cases appear to have a cutout for it.

I'm sure it's already been said, but one glance at those tells you that it's a smart case knock-off and not a mold or a a "rear casing"/housing. You can even see the front flap and the cuts that allow the film to wrap around. You can even see the stitching on the screen-facing fabric side underneath. WTF are you guys smoking?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
    I'm sure it's already been said, but one glance at those tells you that it's a smart case knock-off and not a mold or a a "rear casing"/housing. You can even see the front flap and the cuts that allow the film to wrap around. You can even see the stitching on the screen-facing fabric side underneath. WTF are you guys smoking?
    People know those are cases. The cases are observed to determine the shape and size of the possible new device as well as other changes that may have been included.

You are misinterpreting the article.

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    People know those are cases. The cases are observed to determine the shape and size of the possible new device as well as other changes that may have been included.

You are misinterpreting the article.
    No. The article is mistitled. Stop making excuses for sloppy journalism. Simple fact: These are not the "rear casing." The article says "rear casing." These are external protective "cases" that imply a different potential speaker location by the lightning connector, but the article asks "Are these really images of the iPad 5's rear casing?" Answer: NO. That wasn't even the right question, genius.