+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is This The iPad 5's Cover Glass Surface?

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Surfacing on the web today are new images of what is purportedly the top cover glass of Apple's next generation tablet, the iPad 5. French blog Nowhereelse.fr was the first
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 558 Posts

Default Is This The iPad 5's Cover Glass Surface?

Surfacing on the web today are new images of what is purportedly the top cover glass of Apple's next generation tablet, the iPad 5.

French blog Nowhereelse.fr was the first to obtain and publish what looks to be the front glass and bezel assembly for Apple's iPad 5. If the images are accurate, it suggests a noticeable physical redesign of the popular Apple tablet.

Although the authenticity of what you're looking at can't be promised, the appearance of a thinner bezel is consistent with earlier reports hinting that the next-generation iPad will be smaller despite the unchanged 9.7-inch display size.

The French blog refers to these photo unveiling as "the first concrete evidence that the production of the iPad 5 actually launched."

Just yesterday, however, Digitimes reported that the iPad 5 would not enter production until after the iPhone 5S launch in June or July. This is said to be Apple's strategy for helping to avoid overwhelming the supply and manufacturing chains responsible for churning out these devices.

Source: Nowhereelse.fr

Thanks

cover glass or digitizer? big difference.

Thanks

No way! Looks like...an iPad!

Thanks

Errmrrrgggghhhd!! Eyrpayrd 4!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

ZOMGWTFBBQ!!!!! A NEW COVER GLASS SURFACE FOR THE IPAD?!! Slow day at Modmyi? First this then a useless video of showing "what iOS7 may have". The news section used to be so dope back in the day.....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Xiavia View Post
    ZOMGWTFBBQ!!!!! A NEW COVER GLASS SURFACE FOR THE IPAD?!! Slow day at Modmyi? First this then a useless video of showing "what iOS7 may have". The news section used to be so dope back in the day.....
    Maybe you should do your own searching and quit whining...

As for the iPad, I'm going to get one if it has the smaller bezels. I have the 3rdgen tablet but looking to sell it and get the newest one.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,055 Times in 4,201 Posts

Best thing to do bro is let the troll be don't feed em

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Who is trolling? Just pointing out the obvious.

There are other sites that have valuable information that I frequent. So no worries on me "doing my own searching".

Personally, I am excited about getting the new iPad.

Thanks

The smaller bezel would definitely be a step in the right direction. Anyone clamoring for a USB port needs to realize that it would add unnecessary bulk to the device.

Also do not understand this "trend" on megalith devices and curved displays. The only future technology that seems innovative in the tablet and phone space, given the necessary hardware evolves with it (e.g. Battery), is flexible displays. The ability to fold up a tablet and put it in your pocket/bag would be a massive benefit. The only concern I have with this is elastic limit, but I am sure that is something the engineers are already thinking about.

Thanks

Im very curious to see whats next, Hopefully it comes soon. This is a very important step for apple, Really challenges there innovative character.