Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Report: iPad More Important Than iPhone in Preserving iOS Market Share

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 568 Posts

Default Report: iPad More Important Than iPhone in Preserving iOS Market Share

Bernstein Research’s Toni Sacconaghi reported Wednesday that Apple's iPad may prove more important than the iPhone to the lasting growth of the iOS ecosystem. Specifically, the analyst believes that the iPad's pricing and distribution are stronger than the iPhone's.

Sacconaghi, who has an Outperform rating on Apple shares, and a $725 price target, writes that Android has gone from zero market share to “nearly 70%” of the smartphone world in five years, while Apple’s iOS operating system, has gone from 9% to 19% in the same time.
    "We see several differences between Apple’s approach to the smartphone and tablet markets," Sacconaghi revealed today, according to coverage from Barrons. "The iPhone left a price umbrella for other smartphone vendors to offer cheaper unsubsidized smartphones, even at the premium end."

In the race for tablet supremacy, however, the iPad represented a different reality. "Apple did not leave a similar price umbrella under the iPad," Sacconaghi says. "In fact, the iPad was cheaper than tablets with inferior features when it was first released. Now there are competitive Android tablet offerings at lower price points, especially because competitors such as Amazon and Google are aggressively pricing hardware in as their businesses makes gross profit on content and search, respectively."

"On balance, we believe that these factors suggest that Apple may be able to sustain higher unit share in the tablet market that in smartphones," the analyst concludes, "particularly given Apple’s apparent willingness to offer lower priced devices such as the Mini."

To read more of Sacconaghi's report and corresponding projections, click here.

Source: Barron's

Banned
    Thanks

we'll see how this all pans out with the upcoming Nexus "7" device and Amazon's next offering. I dont understand though why more people prefer smaller tablets than big ones. 7" tablets are more portable I suppose but 10.1 tablets are NOT big by any standard.

Troll

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

So don't feed him then

That's offensive to the Scandinavians!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

7" for portable, 10" as desktop replacement. That is my next buy

I need a 17 inch tablet apple. I need to show my portfolio and photographs to my clients. When you coming up with that?

Yes, ipad is very important device from iphone.Because too much applications are use in ipad rather then iphone.And its also usually use as a notebook for official working.
    Last edited by johnsmith01; 04-08-2013 at 07:25 AM.