+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Magicka Released for the iPad

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Magicka is a game series from Swedish developer Paradox Interactive that the company has recently decided to go big on. Out of all their plans, Paradox has decided to release
    Thanks

Default Magicka Released for the iPad

Magicka is a game series from Swedish developer Paradox Interactive that the company has recently decided to go big on. Out of all their plans, Paradox has decided to release a version of its popular game on the iOS platform today, hoping to bring some of the PC game’s magic to Apple’s touchscreen platform. Although the game isn’t quite perfect, Magicka for iOS does recreate some of the memorable moments from the desktop series.

For those of you who aren’t familiar with it, Magicka is a top-down RPG, where players can control various wizards that run around blasting off spells. On the iOS platform, the game has been translated to a side-scrolling hack-n-slash with the same wacky spell-combining mechanic that made the original title so enjoyable to play. Users basically have a series of elemental icons across the bottom of the screen and are given the option to combine any four to create spells on the fly. For example, if you hit four fire icons or ice icons you can cast spells of that type but if you decide to mix the fire and water, you could cast a steam spell, or perhaps even fire and electricity to cast a thunderstorm spell.

As the character you play, you can attack any of the bad guys that are pestering you or your allies (as the game offers local co-op, which can be very fun). The game has a variety of different spells including “life,” a spell to either heal yourself or others and several other really fun effects. On top of the slew of gameplay options, the game also carries a wacky tone where Paradox’s sense of humor shines in its uniqueness.

The iOS version of the game might not be as fun to those who played the PC title but to a certain extent, Paradox seems to just be trying to spread the brand more than creating an original iOS game. It’s still worthy of trying out though regardless of whether you’re a Magicka die-hard fan or just want to try the game for its unique spell-creation mechanics on your iPad. Wizards of the Square Tablet is available on the App Store for $1.99 for those of you interested in purchasing it.

Source: iTunes

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Anyone know what happened to clumsy ninja? Thought it was supposed to be out in December.

Green Apple
    Thanks

What an addicting game! Now I guess I'll have to get the PC version

Thanks

App crashes on an iPad 1. Wasted $2 and my kid is unhappy. Buyer beware.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mr117 View Post
    App crashes on an iPad 1. Wasted $2 and my kid is unhappy. Buyer beware.
    Support website says they are aware of a problem. However, no problems here on my iPad 3.