+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Rumored to Drop Samsung and Move to Innolux for iPad mini Displays

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
NPD DisplaySearch Greater China region vice president, David Hsieh, recently announced that Apple will use Innolux for touch panels on the next generation iPad mini. He said the following regarding
    Thanks

Default Apple Rumored to Drop Samsung and Move to Innolux for iPad mini Displays

NPD DisplaySearch Greater China region vice president, David Hsieh, recently announced that Apple will use Innolux for touch panels on the next generation iPad mini. He said the following regarding the matter:

Innolux and China's Century Display will receive certificates for product qualification [from Apple] to supply [touch panels] for the iPad mini.
    The statement goes hand in hand with what the head of Innolux’s touch panel division Yang Chiu-Lien said. It was noted that the company will provide screens for smartphones and tablets with a focus on producing and shipping 7-inch screens by the end of the year. Apple’s iPad already uses touch panels from Innolux and this has been the case since 2008. The components that the Taiwanese company produces this year are expected to feature its touch-on-display technology. This is exactly the technology that would allow Apple to side-step some of the issues that affect the current “in-cell” display tech seen in the iPhone 5.

In the meantime, DigiTimes cites Korean-based media reports claiming that Apple has not yet submitted and won’t be submitting a request for quotation (RFQ) to Samsung Display for components. These media reports continue to speculate that Apple will instead opt to source components from LG display, Sharp, Japan Display, and AU Optronics for the iPad mini.

Even though the two companies compete in the courts and in the market, Apple has relied on Samsung as a supplier of a number of components in its best-selling products. Samsung seems to have developed into a strong rival to the Cupertino California company as the iPhone marker seeks to diversify its suppliers as to not contribute to the bottom line of its competitor and to keep Samsung from becoming knowledgeable to Apple’s plans.

Source: Taipei Times via AppleInsider

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

Hopefully quality won't be hurt by apple turning away from Samsung. Samsung has plenty of experience with displays

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
    Hopefully quality won't be hurt by apple turning away from Samsung. Samsung has plenty of experience with displays
    Agree

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
    I believe that Sharp and LG also make a quality product i have had equipment with their screens and have been very happy.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tridley68 View Post
    I believe that Sharp and LG also make a quality product i have had equipment with their screens and have been very happy.
    I agree with this. I think LG could be a good option. I went with LG over Samsung with my TV and I couldn't be happier. I even saved some money with that decision too.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsutiger216 View Post
    I agree with this. I think LG could be a good option. I went with LG over Samsung with my TV and I couldn't be happier. I even saved some money with that decision too.
    I did the same thing, I was going to get the Samsung at first, but ended up getting an LG and its beautiful. Both companies make great products, and although I have seen very nice displays from sharp as well, I bought a flat screen from sharp years ago and really wasn't impressed with it at all

iPhone? More like MyPhone louee6's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple just needs to stop being a little *****!! Here it is Apple hates the crap outta Samsung but you buy samsung products to place in your devices. BiGGest Damn Hypocrites if you ask me!!