+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Shows Us 'Why You'll Love iPad'

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Apple Shows Us 'Why You'll Love iPad'

As a counterpart to the dedicated section of its website launched last week for the iPhone, Apple is now allocating some serious digital real estate to the iPad with a new "Why You'll Love…" campaign.

"When iPad was introduced," Apple says on its website, "there was nothing quite like it. And there still isn’t. Today millions of people are using iPad and iPad mini to do just about anything you can imagine. Here are a few reasons why they’re loving every minute of it."

The page, which focuses on both the iPad and iPad mini, highlights all the attributes, honors, and awards that Apple's tablet line has earned since the first generation iPad debuted in the spring of 2010. For now, it isn't clear if Apple is doing a short-term campaign, or if "Why You'll Love iPad" will remain a permanent fixture of the Apple website.

To check out the new promotional magic for yourself, click here.

Source: Apple

Banned
    Thanks

QUOTE "They're two of no other kind". Thats because other devices that are similar arn't as locked down as the iPads so nobody is following in that footstep.
    Android devices come stock more customizable than any iPad. You need to jailbreak and more to get it at the same standard as a stock Android tablet. NO THANKS.
    If it wasn't for jailbreaking I wouldn't own any iPads. I'm NOT going to buy anymore. If I need a new tablet it will be an Android as I like it MY way NOT the way Apple force on everyone.

Example. Get 100 iPads and 100 Androids. Put them in 2 piles. Now get the owners to pick up their tablet.
    I bet the Android pile will be emptied first as when you turn on the screen you can see its yours. iPads need to be turned on, unlocked then you have to look to see if its yours or not. (UNJAILBROKEN iPADS)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by b1997469 View Post
    Example. Get 100 iPads and 100 Androids. Put them in 2 piles. Now get the owners to pick up their tablet.
    I bet the Android pile will be emptied first as when you turn on the screen you can see its yours. iPads need to be turned on, unlocked then you have to look to see if its yours or not. (UNJAILBROKEN iPADS)
    This is the silliest thing I've read all day. LOL. As soon as I hit the home button of my iPad, I see a pic of my daughter. I know what you mean, though.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I guess if its that big of deal just jailbreak it. What are all these customizations that make the Android a more productive tablet?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    QUOTE "They're two of no other kind". Thats because other devices that are similar arn't as locked down as the iPads so nobody is following in that footstep.
    Android devices come stock more customizable than any iPad. You need to jailbreak and more to get it at the same standard as a stock Android tablet. NO THANKS.
    If it wasn't for jailbreaking I wouldn't own any iPads. I'm NOT going to buy anymore. If I need a new tablet it will be an Android as I like it MY way NOT the way Apple force on everyone.

Troll Alert!! This is the dumbest thing I've read in a while. Owning an Ipad has it's perks when you have other devices running iOS. A jailbroked iphone or ipad is still better and more secure than an android tablet.

I smell a troll! iOS > Android. Have fun with your buggy laggy android tablet.
    Last edited by lsutiger216; 03-29-2013 at 09:13 AM.

Thanks

Android tablet... Sorry app not compatible or does not have the required hardware to run the app properly... But I do love that the iPod is very versatile, and I had experienced trying to buy a multitude of android tablets to try to use the tablet just as a basic tablet and had issues with it not having an App Store variant that supported installing apps with. By higher end tablets and you have support, but there is a lot of crap out there, like being able to open the ipad , set it up, and use it for anything, jailbroke or not