+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Rumored to Cut iPad mini Shipments by 20% Signaling Next-Gen Model

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    Thanks

Default Apple Rumored to Cut iPad mini Shipments by 20% Signaling Next-Gen Model

According to a new rumor from the Far East, Apple has cut shipments of the iPad mini by up to 10 to 12 million units going into the second quarter. This move suggests that the Cupertino California company could already be ramping down for a next-generation version.

Based on sources that provided DigiTimes with supply chain information, the shipment cut could peak at 20% in April and continue throughout the second quarter. If the numbers are correct, the decrease may bring total iPad shipments to as low as 10 million units for the three month period ending in June.

No specific reasoning was given for the drawdown but the publication claims Apple is adjusting channel reserves for a next-generation model expected to be unveiled in the third quarter. The sources speculate the cut is due to heightened competition from rival 7-inch form factors running Google’s Android operating system.

The market research firm NPD noted that Apple is likely to ship 55 million iPad minis and 33 million iPads in 2013, a significant change from Cupertino’s December expectations of 40 million and 60 million units, respectively. It was reported earlier in March that Apple was making preparations for a third-quarter launch of the second-generation iPad mini, which will supposedly boast an upgraded Retina display. We’ll find out in time by being patient.

Source: DigiTimes

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

Wondering if it will have more than just Retina? I just sold my iPad Mini in favor of an iPod Touch 5. I like the size..I guess I wish it did more in the end. Tablets are coming with full blown OS's and Apple is still using iOS and OS X separately although combined. I would love an OS X tablet that doesn't retail for 3 grand +..pretty please?? :]

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Wondering if it will have more than just Retina? I just sold my iPad Mini in favor of an iPod Touch 5. I like the size..I guess I wish it did more in the end. Tablets are coming with full blown OS's and Apple is still using iOS and OS X separately although combined. I would love an OS X tablet that doesn't retail for 3 grand +..pretty please?? :]
    Personally, I do not like the tablet/PC mixture. I've tried the surface Pro and surface RT ,and it's just not my style, others like it, I just wouldn't like an iPad with OS X.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Of course. It would need a spec bump to drive the higher resolution.

*T*
    Thanks

So.... This is a rumor of a signal of an event. Real trustworthy