+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rumor Mill: 2nd Gen iPad mini Features 324ppi Retina Display

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
With talk of Apple's 2nd generation iPad mini heating up in the early weeks of 2013, a growing number of industry sources, market watchers, and tech analysts believe that a
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Rumor Mill: 2nd Gen iPad mini Features 324ppi Retina Display

With talk of Apple's 2nd generation iPad mini heating up in the early weeks of 2013, a growing number of industry sources, market watchers, and tech analysts believe that a spring refresh is looking more and more likely to happen.

Sources with Taiwan-based Apple suppliers said earlier Sunday that AU Optronics is piloting the production of the 7.9-inch iPad mini 2.
    When the moment of truth arrives, it appears a safe bet that an improved display will be one of the cornerstones of the next-generation iPad mini. In fact, what we're told is that the iPad mini 2 will sport a Retina display with a pixel density of 324 pixels per inch.

The model's resolution and pixel density stand at 2048x1536 pixels and 324ppi, respectively.
    If that speculation manifests, it would mean that the iPad mini 2 would deliver a display quality that even tops the fourth-gen iPad. From what we're hearing, the device already exists (trial production, most likely) and first reactions about the second-gen iPad mini are positive.

Source: BrightWire

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

Carnage122896 (02-04-2013), raduga (02-04-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Raybeast's Avatar
    Thanks

A jail beak just came out! Review tweaks and apps!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raybeast For This Useful Post:

mrgutierrez007 (02-04-2013), Silverado1987 (02-04-2013)

Thanks

No, its Messany.
    He can post anything at all, and people will complain no matter what.

HI MESSANY!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm still loving my iPad mini and don't really have any regret not waiting for a retina display (if true). This is also my first iPad so I haven't been spoiled by a 10" retina display. I really hope they start having 32GB as the base model soon cause I think I'm going to want more and more storage with each upgrade I get.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I've been holding out on the mini strictly for the retina display. I hope this is true!! Plus a little faster processor would be nice.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Outrager View Post
    I'm still loving my iPad mini and don't really have any regret not waiting for a retina display (if true). This is also my first iPad so I haven't been spoiled by a 10" retina display. I really hope they start having 32GB as the base model soon cause I think I'm going to want more and more storage with each upgrade I get.
    Keep telling yourself that man!....Haha, just playing...kinda. Retina is what will make me buy a mini, or severely desire one at the very least. I'm sure you are very happy with your purchase, but as soon as that sexy new shiny model gets released, and your Retina(s) meet....you will be wishing you could trade-up... THAT is for sure!
    El Zurdo

iPhone? More like MyPhone holyshnikes's Avatar
    Thanks

My wife has the new iPad and I got the ipad mini. I can't tell a huge difference in picture quality unless you are comparing the two next to each other. No matter what you're looking at, your eyes can't tell that much of a difference unless you're specifically looking for it. Just my opinion. I love my ipad mini.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I've learnt my lesson on the iPad mini. Don't buy an Apple product until there is a jailbreak available for it

Thanks

i love my mini, too. i had been saying that i didn't care that it's non-retina (i have an ipad 3), and i can definitely tell the difference, especially on web pages. i had almost convinced myself that it was no big deal that it was non-retina. i mean, i still love my mini but ... then i saw this and started sweating. if this winds up being true, i'll definitely, definitely, buy the retina version. quite frankly, the mini with retina and 4G (and a jailbreak, though sadly that will probably have to wait a long time) might possibly be the most perfect mobile device ever created. WANT WANT WANT.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,691 Times in 835 Posts

An iPad Mini with a Retina Display and A6 processor would really, really tempt me to trade in my iPad 3 for it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dranon's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rickuk View Post
    I've learnt my lesson on the iPad mini. Don't buy an Apple product until there is a jailbreak available for it
    WHY??? I have an ipad mini and its FUNCTIONAL use is phenomenal!! I just jailbroke it but it gives me no more functional use, just nice themes to use with it. There are no apps like on my iphone that improve its functionality! On my iphone Pandora skips, and tether me are the only FUNCTIONAL apps that I use/need. Please besides themeing what other "stuff" is necessary that would make prevent anyone from buying an APPLE product that is not jailbroken??

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Just cause a jailbreak just came out doesn't mean new tweaks did. Also pretty much all servers are overloaded so calm down, I personally still want to hear stories like this. I mean we all know it will be retina but I'm glad they are improving the screen because that probably means they will improve the iPad too.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I just bought and jailbroke my mini, why apple.. Smh, I hope they have a exchange and pay the difference package.. I'm not satisfied now.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colwood's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by n0id View Post
    I just bought and jailbroke my mini, why apple.. Smh, I hope they have a exchange and pay the difference package.. I'm not satisfied now.
    Theres Always Going To Be new and improved Technology the Only Thing thats Actually futureproof" is never Having spent a cent and Kept It In The Bank So Heres Ur Option cool now or Cool then

Thanks

Got my ipad mini a week today. I was going to wait when I heard the rumour's about retina but who knows I could get hit by a bus etc etc. Idk why people complain when they hear a new model is coming out, It's stupid!