+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Purported Fifth-Gen iPad Shell Supports Previous Rumors

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
There have been multiple rumors pointing towards Apple’s fifth-generation iPad being in development with a design similar to that of the current iPad mini. The folks over at 9to5Mac recently
    Thanks

Default Purported Fifth-Gen iPad Shell Supports Previous Rumors

There have been multiple rumors pointing towards Apple’s fifth-generation iPad being in development with a design similar to that of the current iPad mini. The folks over at 9to5Mac recently received unverified images from a purported China-based iPad accessories maker, showing off the back plate of the supposed new iPad. Based on what is being said in the industry, the pictures seem to check out as the back piece for the fifth-generation iPad mimics that of the iPad mini very closely in terms of design cues.

The design cues include the iPad mini-esque bezels and chamfered edges and curves. The folks at 9to5Mac had the following to say about the whole ordeal:

What does it look like? Well, it’s a lot smaller than one would guess was possible: in portrait orientation, picture a 9.7” screen with virtually no left or right bezels, and only enough space above and below the screen to accommodate the mandatory camera and Home Button elements. Beyond that, it’s noticeably thinner, as well, which is to say the the fifth-generation iPad will be smaller in every dimension than its predecessors. As it will have the same chamfered edges and curves, calling it a “stretched iPad mini” is very close to entirely accurate.

More and more parts for upcoming Apple products seem to be leaked nowadays, which makes sense as its more of a common occurrence as the Asian supply chain grows larger. Whether or not the images are providing valid information is something we’ll find out in time.

Source: 9to5Mac

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

Me gusta

What's Jailbreak? usernamesarehard7's Avatar
    Thanks
    I'm so tired of apple pooping out products every couple of months. Why can they not put a crap load of thought into one epic and amazing product that will be 1000x different from the last update? My iPad mini that I bought the day it came out will be so outdated within no time whatsoever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

^ same here

Green Apple
    Thanks

Can we get rid of the "side bezels" and have a narrow ipad like the ipad mini? The touch, or hold recognition software works so well on my ipad mini I don't see why it can't be used on the normal ipad and reduce the size making it easier to hold, use and even lighter??

iPhone? More like MyPhone Mc-Lovin_341's Avatar
    Thanks

But tim cook said the reason they took the sides off the iPad mini was because you can hold the device in one hand. iPad 4 you can not

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by usernamesarehard7 View Post
    My iPad mini that I bought the day it came out will be so outdated within no time whatsoever.
    Just because its not the newest product doesn't make it outdated. My iPad 3 is running great and I have no intention to upgrade in the near future and same goes for my 2007 iMac. Maybe that's why growth is slowing. Their products last too long!

My iPhone is a Part of Me RandyTG's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm so tired of apple pooping out products every couple of months. Why can they not put a crap load of thought into one epic and amazing product that will be 1000x different from the last update? My iPad mini that I bought the day it came out will be so outdated within no time whatsoever.
    It comes down to competition. If Apple releases once a year then they are ahead of the competition for a short period and then the competition catches up or passes them in specs. So Apple wants to make sure they are still at the top of the relevant lists when it comes to specs so that they are not painted as the "old" product even though old may equate to a few months. You should buy a product for how it matches your current needs and not worry that the next product out will obsolete the one you just bought. If it still meets your needs then you are still ahead of the game.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I don't even feel my ipad 2 is outdated with the talks of a 5th gen.

iPhone? More like MyPhone shigh's Avatar
    Thanks

These same ppl (not literally you) are the ones who were complaining about yearly refreshes. Some people are never happy smfh

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

So, back to the general look/shape of iPad 1? Only thinner, faster, lighter? Oh, and safe, reliable and boring like a Toyota Camry. The more things change, the more they stay the same and, OH WHO AM I KIDDING, iPad 5, 128gb, WiFi in black, the minute its available. Darn you Apple, you tech crack dealers. Sayin...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Didn't I see you posting on Nissan's forums too?
    "Why do you have to make a new Nissan Maxima every year? My Maxima I bought the day it came out will be so outdated within no time whatsoever."

13. The Following User Says Thank You to dboone21 For This Useful Post:

*T* (01-29-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RandyTG View Post
    It comes down to competition. If Apple releases once a year then they are ahead of the competition for a short period and then the competition catches up or passes them in specs. So Apple wants to make sure they are still at the top of the relevant lists when it comes to specs so that they are not painted as the "old" product even though old may equate to a few months. You should buy a product for how it matches your current needs and not worry that the next product out will obsolete the one you just bought. If it still meets your needs then you are still ahead of the game.
    but when they release they're still behind in technology. i used to like apple products until they stopped advancing in technology. ever since the iphone 4 apple products have been the same. there aren't any new capabilities that you can't get with an update. you can't really feel the speed difference unless you jailbreak.

Thanks

I hope I can get one with that HIGH SPEED TAPE on the top holding it together...