+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Report: Redesigned iPad 5 is Like a 'Stretched iPad mini'

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default Report: Redesigned iPad 5 is Like a 'Stretched iPad mini'

Only several weeks removed from the iPad 4 refresh and we're already hearing chatter - and peculiar chatter at that - about what the iPad 5 will reportedly deliver and when we may be able to expect its availability.

On Friday, Jeremy Horwitz of iLounge turned heads with his claim that he personally beheld and fondled a fifth-generation iPad. Calling the physical model "supposedly accurate," Horwitz says the most distinguishing attributes of the iPad 5 are the cues it takes from the iPad mini.

Go ahead and take a minute to wrap your brain around that assessment.

Yes, the iPad 5 already exists - partially. But "unlike the iPad 2 and third-generation iPad," Horwitz admits, "the casings for which were basically complete as of the Januaries before they launched, the iPad 5 didn’t seem to be finished yet."

Calling it a “stretched iPad mini” is "very close to entirely accurate," he writes, adding that October is the estimated time-frame for the tablet's launch. "This part is pure speculation," he concludes, "but we’re guessing that the screens and processors are going to be hard to come by for a while."

Source: iLounge

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Seriously? ModMyRhetoric!

Thanks

**** man I'm not looking forward for the next Apple product that I will see for 6 months before it's even available to buy... I don't care! Sucks all the interest out of product before it's even released... I'm kind of tired of how news sites are about this Shlt. AND I LIKE APPLE STUFF! I don't want to try and figure out an entire movie before it's release and I don't want to know all the details about products that aren't available yet.
    Last edited by Norb; 01-25-2013 at 02:53 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i think the best way is upgrade ever two years because ever 6month they come out with a new one... to much money to wastes

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ilakers For This Useful Post:

petrusk (01-25-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Norb View Post
    **** man I'm not looking forward for the next Apple product that I will see for 6 months before it's even available to buy... I don't care! Suck all the interest out of product before it's released... I'm kind of tired of how news sites are about this ****. AND I LIKE APPLE STUFF! I don't want to try and figure out an entire movie before it's release and I don't want to know all the details about products that aren't available yet.
    Your are correct. I agree.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Airwaves182's Avatar
    Thanks

**** man I'm not looking forward for the next Apple product that I will see for 6 months before it's even available to buy... I don't care! Suck all the interest out of product before it's released... I'm kind of tired of how news sites are about this ****. AND I LIKE APPLE STUFF! I don't want to try and figure out an entire movie before it's release and I don't want to know all the details about products that aren't available yet.
    Well Tim Cook gives zero Fu¢ks. As long as the money keeps pouring in.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ilakers View Post
    i think the best way is upgrade ever two years because ever 6month they come out with a new one... to much money to wastes
    3 - 4 years for mobile devices 8 - 10 for Pc/macs and game consoles. Is by large an acceptable life cycle.

iPhone? More like MyPhone shigh's Avatar
    Thanks

I kinda like hearing the rumors. Gives me stuff to (maybe) be excited about. It basically helps add to the hype. Which is a part i enjoy.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ilakers View Post
    Right, personally I'd prefer to have older gens that are jb'd. Once my i5 and mini are jb'd ill be a happy camper, apple can continue to release products wi minor improvements months apart..

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Here, have some cheese with that whine.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GmAz View Post
    Here, have some cheese with that whine.
    I heard the cheese is just a rumor with no substance behind it.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

It's not weird at all to think that they have the iPad 5 already...they probably had it while they were releasing the iPad 4/iPad Mini. I'm not sure what to think about the, "stretched iPad mini" description though.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

**** man I'm not looking forward for the next Apple product that I will see for 6 months before it's even available to buy... I don't care! Sucks all the interest out of product before it's even released... I'm kind of tired of how news sites are about this Shlt. AND I LIKE APPLE STUFF! I don't want to try and figure out an entire movie before it's release and I don't want to know all the details about products that aren't available yet.
    So, if you had your way, we can't get the news (and rumors) we can use just because you and a few other sick individuals think it's fun to surprise yourself? This isn't a game. Movies are entertainment but this is much more to people whose livelihoods depend on this market. If you really don't want to know, stay off these sites like the majority of the public who still think that were are only on the 3rd-gen iPad.

Reporting all rumors and leaks is critical. Waiting for "confirmation" defeats the purpose. I can judge rumors for myself only if I hear them. Only an idiot continues plugging their ears and saying "LA LA LA LA LAAAAA" after the iPad mini rumors ended up being spot-on.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eightyk88 View Post
    3 - 4 years for mobile devices 8 - 10 for Pc/macs and game consoles. Is by large an acceptable life cycle.
    Since when? Typical PC life cycle is 3 years.

Thanks

iPad mini rumours spot on? Are we talking about recently or 5 years ago when they first started? Because I almost feel like iPad mini rumours created the iPad mini and not the other way around.

and seriously... "iPhone math"? Sorry I'm waiting on the "iPhone Trig"

Maybe I'm just ******** because I read the same thing on 4 different sites and it's really not a big deal. Next there are going to be assumption and mock ups... people really can't wait? It's a ******* tablet...

*T*
    Thanks

Reading these rumors is like hitting yourself in the face with a brick. The only thing you learn is not to do it again.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to *T* For This Useful Post:

Norb (01-25-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
    So, if you had your way, we can't get the news (and rumors) we can use just because you and a few other sick individuals think it's fun to surprise yourself? This isn't a game. Movies are entertainment but this is much more to people whose livelihoods depend on this market. If you really don't want to know, stay off these sites like the majority of the public who still think that were are only on the 3rd-gen iPad.

Reporting all rumors and leaks is critical. Waiting for "confirmation" defeats the purpose. I can judge rumors for myself only if I hear them. Only an idiot continues plugging their ears and saying "LA LA LA LA LAAAAA" after the iPad mini rumors ended up being spot-on.
    Only an idiot puts value to rumors. So what, they got the mini correct, that doesn't mean squat if your not getting right every time.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    I'm not sure what to think about the, "stretched iPad mini" description though.
    Means they'll stretch it 683 pixels to get 16:9 aspect ratio. So the resolution for the new iPad mini retina should be 2730x1536.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    Means they'll stretch it 683 pixels to get 16:9 aspect ratio. So the resolution for the new iPad mini retina should be 2730x1536.
    The Mini has 16:9 ratio? Since when? Or are you talking about the iPhone/iPod Touch? I doubt they change the aspect ratio, or resolution, even.
    Reminding you all that YOU'RE YOUR

Thanks

This is sarcasm, right? A reaction to the comment before yours?

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Shigoroku For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (01-25-2013)