+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Microsoft Announces February 9 Launch of Surface Pro

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    Thanks

Default Microsoft Announces February 9 Launch of Surface Pro

Microsoft recently announced that it will be expanding its Surface tablet lineup next month with the new “Pro” model as well as a new “RT” version with 64 GB of storage. The Surface Windows 8 Pro will be available for purchase on February 9 in the U.S. and Canada with a starting price of $899 for the 64-gigabyte version. The Surface Pro is touting an Intel Core i5 processor with a Surface Pen. Much like the previous iterations of the Surface RT, the 64 GB standalone version of Surface Windows RT will be running an ARM processor like the existing Windows RT tablet. The new high-capacity variant will cost $599 with the touch cover sold separately.

The Apple rival is also said to be launching a slew of new Surface accessories in markets where the tablet is still available. There are three limited edition Touch Covers as well as the Wedge Touch Mouse Surface Edition. The new Touch Covers will be available in red, magenta, and cyan for $129.99 while the Wedge Tech Mouse will be available for $69.95. Not surprisingly, Microsoft also revealed that the company will be trying to double the number of markets in which the Surface Windows RT is currently available in in hopes of the device gaining more traction. The 13 additional markets include:

• Austria
    • Belgium
    • Denmark
    • Finland
    • Ireland
    • Italy
    • Luxembourg
    • The Netherlands
    • Norway
    • Portugal
    • Spain
    • Sweden
    • Switzerland

As many of you know, the Surface was Microsoft’s answer to compete with the iPad in the tablet market and thus far, the device hasn’t had anywhere near as much traction. Due to the confusion behind the features between the Surface RT and Surface Pro, many consumers get the feature –set mixed up, which is something Microsoft said they will be working towards fixing going forward. Only time will tell whether Microsoft will be able to compete in the tablet market but as of right now, they aren’t even close.

Source: PC Magazine

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

It be great if they didn't make them that expensive.

Green Apple
    Thanks

While the surface rt is inferior to the iPad in most ways, the surface pro seems like a game-changer and nothing Apple makes can compare. I cannot wait to try one and hopefully no longer need my laptop and oversized iphone(iPad). I'm glad someone is still innovating since Apple refuses to as of late.

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthless Killa8 View Post
    While the surface rt is inferior to the iPad in most ways, the surface pro seems like a game-changer and nothing Apple makes can compare. I cannot wait to try one and hopefully no longer need my laptop and oversized iphone(iPad). I'm glad someone is still innovating since Apple refuses to as of late.
    I wish I could agree, I tried one at the MS store located in the mall of America recently, and while the "start" menu was very fluid, along with scrolling thru apps, the time it took some apps to open was just sad. I made sure to close out of existing apps, and still it was depressing how long it took. Will it change with the i5? I expect it to, but for the price, it just isn't there.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthless Killa8 View Post
    Apple needs to work on opening iOS up like the Mac so you can share files easier, move files , innovate apple get on the ball

iPhone Warranty Voider Faresismail's Avatar
    Thanks

A better title would be: "Microsoft announces Surface pro pricing, makes us appreciate tim cook all over again! " ( i didnt make it up i rea it somewhere )