Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sales of Apple’s Cellular-Enabled iPad mini start in China

Thanks

Default Sales of Apple’s Cellular-Enabled iPad mini start in China

Apple recently started sales of its iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular in China, keeping to the company’s planned rollout in the country, previously announced earlier this week. With the device’s rollout, China now has access to Apple’s complete lineup of cellular-enabled mobile devices which include the latest iPhone 5 and fourth-generation iPad. Apple announced on Monday that Chinese customers would be able to purchase the cell data network-connected iPad on Friday local China time.

China is currently seen as a key player in Apple’s growth over the coming years, especially when it comes to handsets and tablets. The country’s number one carrier, China Mobile, is also the world’s largest wireless provider by subscribership but Apple has yet to strike a partnership deal with telecom. Currently Apple has two partner carriers in the region with China Telecom and China Unicom, both of which provide service for the iPhone and cellular-enabled iPads.

It currently remains to be seen how strong demand will be for the wireless iPad mini in China, but the Wi-Fi version’s launch in December was relatively quiet when compared to previous device launches mostly due to the institution of a reservation-only purchasing system. The price of the wireless iPad mini, which is dubbed iPad mini WLAN + Cellular, currently starts at 3,488 yuan (roughly $560) for a 16 GB model and tops out at 5,088 yuan (roughly $820) for a 64 GB version. The Chinese Apple Online Store shows a two-week wait time for the entire iPad mini lineup at the moment.

Source: Apple

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

I got a question
    I have my iPad 2 wifi jail broken on 5.1.1 so am I able to update to 6.0.1 and then switch back if I want to???

Quote Originally Posted by mlevine54 View Post
    I got a question
    I have my iPad 2 wifi jail broken on 5.1.1 so am I able to update to 6.0.1 and then switch back if I want to???
    If its not about an elephant it's irrelephant.