Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rolling Stone Hits Apple's Newsstand Today

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default Rolling Stone Hits Apple's Newsstand Today

One of the biggest names in publishing is carving out a place of its own on Apple's Newsstand.

After being a lengthy holdout, the iPad edition of the iconic music magazine is finally here. And as readers are discovering today, the arrival comes with a twist. As it turns out, Rolling Stone secured a partnership with iTunes that allows music to be purchased from directly inside the digital pages of Rolling Stone.

"Rolling Stone comes to life on the iPad – with all the breaking music news, hot album and movie reviews, must-read rock star profiles and in-depth national affairs reporting you love in the magazine," its description on iTunes reads.

Rolling Stone‘s first iPad edition hit Apple’s Newsstand app this morning. So far, Rolling Stone reader feedback has been abundantly positive.

The iPad edition of the magazine - which, in case you're wondering, is not bundled with the print issue - is available for $1.99 per month or $19.99 per year. A single issue costs $4.99, the same as it does on the physical newsstand.

Source: Rolling Stone

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Normally I hear about a magazine coming out on Newsstand and I think "blah". But The fact that you can purchase music directly from the article is awesome! I can't count the times I have read a article about a musician and told myself to remember their name, only to forget it later. I can see myself actually pressing that weird icon that says Newsstand now...who woulda thought...
    El Zurdo

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Subscribed!!