+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pod2g's podDJ Application to Go Live At Midnight Tonight in the App Store

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Pod2g's podDJ Application to Go Live At Midnight Tonight in the App Store

Everyone probably knows pod2g by now for his efforts in the iOS 5.1.1 jailbreak, however heís not only a jailbreak hacker. His real name is Cyril and he also appears to have an interest in app development for Apple's App Store.

Cyril has just finished programming a new application for the iPad, named podDJ, which allows you to mix beats right from your iPad. The application itself is a realistic-looking turntable. Itís only available on the iPad, not the iPod touch or iPhone, and it is on sale for the introductory price of $5.99 for January 12th and 13th. After January 13th, the price will be $7.99 until the end of January. After the end of Jaunary, the price will be set at $9.99.

PodDJ will quickly make available your entire iTunes library for sound mixing and all of the great sound quality of the music will be preserved. You will be able to multitask and the playback will continue even when you switch applications, you will be able to display your DJing on an external display with AirPlay, and you will be able to use multi-touch to take advantage of all of the features on the display.

Speaking of features, podDJ comes with transform buttons, BPM detection, turntable emulation, monitor (pre-cueing) output, and support for external mixers. You can read more about the features on the podDJ Web site here.

Check out the video demo of podDJ below:

For a mobile-friendly video link that works with our mobile app, tap on the link below:

Video Link

The wonderful design and appearance of the podDJ interface comes from graphic designer Surenix, the creator of some popular jailbreak themes for iOS, such as inPulse and ayecon.

Pod2g tells us that the application will be available at this link in the App Store at midnight, January 12, which is about 12 hours away from the time of this writing. Keep your eyes peeled and if youíre into DJing, be sure to give podDJ a try!

Sources: podDJ via pod2g

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I got excited for a second when I saw the name. Cool he made an application though.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

Gonna git this when it comes out tonight. Should be cool. Been watching clips of it all day.

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Looks cool, but how is this different from DJay for Mac & iDevices?
    Last edited by luvmytj; 01-11-2013 at 10:31 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I'm sure a small number of DJs will be excited. Millions more will probably be disappointed pod2g didn't put his exceptional talents to better use than this.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,692 Times in 836 Posts

I'd rather spend $10 on a jailbreak. I gifted pod2g some money for his last jailbreak, too. The world of iOS is so darn boring without the ability to mod

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    I'd rather spend $10 on a jailbreak. I gifted pod2g some money for his last jailbreak, too. The world of iOS is so darn boring without the ability to mod
    you should buy his app even if you dont have an ipad or want the app to show support

he has done so much for the community

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    you should buy his app even if you dont have an ipad or want the app to show support

Agree I'm gonna do it when I git home. He does deserve it

Thanks

I agree with EVO. I need my JB badly. So boring having a phone like 95% of iOS users. My fault for dropping my phone in the pool this summer and having to get a new 4S running 6.0.1..although im hearing that 6.0.1 and 6.0.2 are going to be cracked very soon..can't wait but i have to haha!

iPhone Warranty Voider Faresismail's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Agreed.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll buy if it allows to pull songs from other apps like Downloader Pro, Downloads+, etc.

I'd rather donate to him directly. Why pay Apple 30%. Obviously, if I want the app, I'll buy the app.
    Last edited by vinaygoel2000; 01-11-2013 at 02:18 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to vinaygoel2000 For This Useful Post:

Airwaves182 (01-12-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

you should buy his app even if you dont have an ipad or want the app to show

No you should not. There is a difference in showing support for the jailbreak and showing support for his app. Supporting his app is only supporting that, nothing else. This is another dj app that does what the rest does and charges. If you want to support his jailbreak you donate when a release has been made not an AppStore app.

iPhone? More like MyPhone crouching's Avatar
    Thanks

I heard if you spin L, R, L, R, Cue, R Trasnfor, Pause that it enables a hidden tether feature!!!!

Thanks

I don't see this as being a legitimate platform to "dj" with unless you're using an external mixer... When it comes to mixing dance music, at least, eq's are essential, especially the low frequencies. Add a native bass eq and I'll mess around with it a little... maybe.

On another note, I'm a bit curious as to how you would actually go about using this thing with an external mixer... Are there any multi-channel stereo audio interfaces compatible with the iPad available? I would feel a lot more comfortable plugging this thing into two channels of my DJM-800.

Banned
    Thanks

No, you should not. Doing so artificially inflates sales figures and pays Apple. If you want to show support, DONATE.

Thanks

How will this compare to the algoriddim app?? Iv Been keeping my eye out for an app to rival algoriddim.

iPhone? More like MyPhone buttamix's Avatar
    Thanks

im stoked im into djing and jailbreaking.

Thanks

Not really liking this new app of his so ill pass on this

iPhone? More like MyPhone regkilla's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RokeSmoreMeefer View Post
    No, you should not. Doing so artificially inflates sales figures and pays Apple. If you want to show support, DONATE.
    Donating would be the best way to thank him.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

This will secretly jailbrake your ipad!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to hogcia For This Useful Post:

Jj2345 (01-12-2013)