Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pod2g's podDJ Application to Go Live At Midnight Tonight in the App Store

Quote Originally Posted by crouching View Post
    I heard if you spin L, R, L, R, Cue, R Trasnfor, Pause that it enables a hidden tether feature!!!!
    Yes, yes it does -.-

Guys either way is good to show your support and thanks. Donating can be more personal and more of a thank you for jailbreaks but DJ is good to show him support for a real career. Most hackers hack to become recognized ie. geo hot and comex getting jobs etc.

iPhone? More like MyPhone dannyrocket's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    you should buy his app even if you dont have an ipad or want the app to show support

he has done so much for the community
    Why would anyone buy his app if they don't have an iPad? Or if we didn't want it? Makes no sense at all!
    I like many other people have donated for his jail breaking but to just pay for his app just because you think that is supporting him? Yea sure!
    Sorry but you're logic makes no sense!

Quote Originally Posted by RokeSmoreMeefer View Post
    No, you should not. Doing so artificially inflates sales figures and pays Apple. If you want to show support, DONATE.
    +1000

I dj and will say that I would rather donate to his paypal.

If I was a hacker, I'd probably come out w/ a jailbreak before I released an app I was working on. Thats just me though.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,541 Times in 7,105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Xiavia View Post

If I was a hacker, I'd probably come out w/ a jailbreak before I released an app I was working on. Thats just me though.
    He has released jailbreaks already or had a part in them. You are saying he shouldn't release an app just because he hasn't given you a jailbreak for the latest firmware? That's a ridiculous statement. He owes us nothing.

Just sayin, there are people that donate to these guys who are waiting for a jailbreak more than there are people waiting for another dj app.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    He has released jailbreaks already or had a part in them. You are saying he shouldn't release an app just because he hasn't given you a jailbreak for the latest firmware? That's a ridiculous statement. He owes us nothing.
    I think Dave was saying that if HE were a hacker, he would work on a jail break rather than releasing a Dj app.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dannyrocket View Post
    I think Dave was saying that if HE were a hacker, he would work on a jail break rather than releasing a Dj app.
    They do have lives other than just working on a jailbreak thou.

Thanks

This

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    I do get he was trying to say there may be more money in releasing a jailbreak for donations rather than release an app but I'm not so sure that is the case. Nor do I think pod2G jailbreaks for the money.

This

I do get he was trying to say there may be more money in releasing a jailbreak for donations rather than release an app but I'm not so sure that is the case. Nor do I think pod2G jailbreaks for the money.

I mean whats the pay out after a few people paying a store that is selling your product for $5.99 VS several people sending you $10 VIA paypal? I mean I understand, it may not happen all the time w/ the donations, but I'm sure after Apple's cut, the pay out is less than paypal's "fee".

Anyways, back to patiently waiting for a new jailbreak. Or a Samsung Galaxy S IV. LOL

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Bummer! Can't buy the app. My iPad 3 is jailbroken on 5.1.1.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Xiavia View Post
    I mean whats the pay out after a few people paying a store that is selling your product for $5.99 VS several people sending you $10 VIA paypal? I mean I understand, it may not happen all the time w/ the donations, but I'm sure after Apple's cut, the pay out is less than paypal's "fee".

Anyways, back to patiently waiting for a new jailbreak. Or a Samsung Galaxy S IV. LOL
    The jailbreak community is only like 6-12% at any given time of the whole idevice community though. His app potentially has access to a much larger user base than a jailbreak would.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    I understand this but I never said they didn't have a life other than hacking.
    More power to him but I'm not just gonna buy an app just to buy it.
    I rather just donate to his cause of providing a jailbreak.

The jailbreak community is only like 6-12% at any given time of the whole idevice community though. His app potentially has access to a much larger user base than a jailbreak would.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I could've sworn at one point there were about 1mil something people in the jailbreaking community. LOL of course not all of those people were donating to these guys, still thats a lot of people. Don't get me wrong though, I agree he probably would make more $$ out of his app than making a jailbreak and hoping people would donate. I just wish they'd come out with a jailbreak than release an app.

Personally, I don't have a problem paying $$ to be able to jailbreak if it came down to it. With what I have running on my 4S, I would definitely shell out $20-$40 whenever a new jailbreak came out....

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

I understand this but I never said they didn't have a life other than hacking.
    More power to him but I'm not just gonna buy an app just to buy it.
    I rather just donate to his cause of providing a jailbreak.
    I agree with ya there. I donate evertime they come out with something. Hopefully they will be gitting another donation soon enough.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12