Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Pod2g's podDJ Application to Go Live At Midnight Tonight in the App Store

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by crouching View Post
    I heard if you spin L, R, L, R, Cue, R Trasnfor, Pause that it enables a hidden tether feature!!!!
    Yes, yes it does -.-

  2. #22
    Guys either way is good to show your support and thanks. Donating can be more personal and more of a thank you for jailbreaks but DJ is good to show him support for a real career. Most hackers hack to become recognized ie. geo hot and comex getting jobs etc.

  3. #23
    iPhone? More like MyPhone dannyrocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    152
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    you should buy his app even if you dont have an ipad or want the app to show support

    he has done so much for the community
    Why would anyone buy his app if they don't have an iPad? Or if we didn't want it? Makes no sense at all!
    I like many other people have donated for his jail breaking but to just pay for his app just because you think that is supporting him? Yea sure!
    Sorry but you're logic makes no sense!

    Quote Originally Posted by RokeSmoreMeefer View Post
    No, you should not. Doing so artificially inflates sales figures and pays Apple. If you want to show support, DONATE.
    +1000

  4. #24
    I dj and will say that I would rather donate to his paypal.



    If I was a hacker, I'd probably come out w/ a jailbreak before I released an app I was working on. Thats just me though.

  5. #25
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,776
    Thanks
    6,979
    Thanked 15,541 Times in 7,105 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Xiavia View Post



    If I was a hacker, I'd probably come out w/ a jailbreak before I released an app I was working on. Thats just me though.
    He has released jailbreaks already or had a part in them. You are saying he shouldn't release an app just because he hasn't given you a jailbreak for the latest firmware? That's a ridiculous statement. He owes us nothing.

  6. #26
    Just sayin, there are people that donate to these guys who are waiting for a jailbreak more than there are people waiting for another dj app.

  7. #27
    iPhone? More like MyPhone dannyrocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    152
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    He has released jailbreaks already or had a part in them. You are saying he shouldn't release an app just because he hasn't given you a jailbreak for the latest firmware? That's a ridiculous statement. He owes us nothing.
    I think Dave was saying that if HE were a hacker, he would work on a jail break rather than releasing a Dj app.

  8. #28
    Sug Luv Super Moderator 2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hammond Louisiana
    Posts
    34,053
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dannyrocket View Post
    I think Dave was saying that if HE were a hacker, he would work on a jail break rather than releasing a Dj app.
    They do have lives other than just working on a jailbreak thou.

  9. #29
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,776
    Thanks
    6,979
    Thanked 15,541 Times in 7,105 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dannyrocket View Post
    I think Dave was saying that if HE were a hacker, he would work on a jail break rather than releasing a Dj app.
    This

    Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    They do have lives other than just working on a jailbreak thou.
    I do get he was trying to say there may be more money in releasing a jailbreak for donations rather than release an app but I'm not so sure that is the case. Nor do I think pod2G jailbreaks for the money.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    This



    I do get he was trying to say there may be more money in releasing a jailbreak for donations rather than release an app but I'm not so sure that is the case. Nor do I think pod2G jailbreaks for the money.

    I mean whats the pay out after a few people paying a store that is selling your product for $5.99 VS several people sending you $10 VIA paypal? I mean I understand, it may not happen all the time w/ the donations, but I'm sure after Apple's cut, the pay out is less than paypal's "fee".

    Anyways, back to patiently waiting for a new jailbreak. Or a Samsung Galaxy S IV. LOL

  11. #31
    My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    759
    Thanks
    400
    Thanked 78 Times in 62 Posts

    Bummer! Can't buy the app. My iPad 3 is jailbroken on 5.1.1.

  12. #32
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,776
    Thanks
    6,979
    Thanked 15,541 Times in 7,105 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Xiavia View Post
    I mean whats the pay out after a few people paying a store that is selling your product for $5.99 VS several people sending you $10 VIA paypal? I mean I understand, it may not happen all the time w/ the donations, but I'm sure after Apple's cut, the pay out is less than paypal's "fee".

    Anyways, back to patiently waiting for a new jailbreak. Or a Samsung Galaxy S IV. LOL
    The jailbreak community is only like 6-12% at any given time of the whole idevice community though. His app potentially has access to a much larger user base than a jailbreak would.

  13. #33
    iPhone? More like MyPhone dannyrocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    152
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    They do have lives other than just working on a jailbreak thou.
    I understand this but I never said they didn't have a life other than hacking.
    More power to him but I'm not just gonna buy an app just to buy it.
    I rather just donate to his cause of providing a jailbreak.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    The jailbreak community is only like 6-12% at any given time of the whole idevice community though. His app potentially has access to a much larger user base than a jailbreak would.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I could've sworn at one point there were about 1mil something people in the jailbreaking community. LOL of course not all of those people were donating to these guys, still thats a lot of people. Don't get me wrong though, I agree he probably would make more $$ out of his app than making a jailbreak and hoping people would donate. I just wish they'd come out with a jailbreak than release an app.

    Personally, I don't have a problem paying $$ to be able to jailbreak if it came down to it. With what I have running on my 4S, I would definitely shell out $20-$40 whenever a new jailbreak came out....

  15. #35
    Sug Luv Super Moderator 2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hammond Louisiana
    Posts
    34,053
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dannyrocket View Post
    I understand this but I never said they didn't have a life other than hacking.
    More power to him but I'm not just gonna buy an app just to buy it.
    I rather just donate to his cause of providing a jailbreak.
    I agree with ya there. I donate evertime they come out with something. Hopefully they will be gitting another donation soon enough.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •