Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Forbes Magazine Now Available on iOS Platform via Newsstand

Thanks

Default Forbes Magazine Now Available on iOS Platform via Newsstand

Popular business magazine Forbes seems to have followed the path of other large publications and made its way into Apple’s Newsstand app. The move marks the first time that the magazine has been natively available on the iOS platform. Previously Forbes made apps on the App Store such as Forbes Photos & Videos and Forbes lists, however, didn’t provide the magazine itself.

The new Forbes Newsstand app is only available on the iPad and can be purchased either individually or through subscription. Users are given the option to either purchase a single issue for $5.99 or get a substantially discounted price by signing up for a $2.99 monthly subscription or a $29.99 yearly subscription. For those of you who subscribe to the physical version of the magazine, you can pay an extra $10 to have access to the new digital version as well.

Forbes’ decision to come to Newsstand contributes to the growing popularity of magazines on tablets. Previously The Wall Street Journal released its Newsstand app and before that, the Time Magazine joined in on the trend. iPad users who are interested in the Forbes magazine can go download the new Forbes app and get the most recent issue free of charge for a limited time.

Source: App Store

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks
    Thanked 2,882 Times in 1,247 Posts

Newsstand is only good for respringing my ip5! LOL!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

ttiger (01-05-2013)

I used to subscribe to Forbes (in print) but its content isn't much better than stuff you can get free elsewhere on the internet. Sometimes the articles actually seem like they're advertorials for listed companies. I still recall when Forbes touted Tyco all those years ago...

Bloomberg Businessweek+ is better but, for my money, the best Newsstand subscription that you can get is one for The Economist.
    Last edited by jpbl1976; 01-06-2013 at 06:22 AM.