Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Google Now and Translate "Praise the iPad"

Thanks

Default Google Now and Translate "Praise the iPad"

According to a bug in Google’s text-to-speech engine, Google Now and Google Translate are interjecting the phrase “he now praises the iPad” into sentences that end using phrases such as “end with,” “enraged with,” and “filled with.” The phrasing was originally discovered around October 2012 on the Android Support page but was recently publicized by Hacker News.

One of the altered spoken sentences reads “Larry Page used to use Android. But that is now at an end, he now praises the iPad.” For those of you who are skeptical or want to see the bug in action, it can be easily reproduced using Google Translate. Type any sentence and end it with one of the key words. The text-to-speech option on the site will add “he now praises the iPad” to the sentence. You can see an example below:

There isn’t any word on why this phrasing exists in the code but it is being speculated that it is an error in the algorithm. Theoretically, Google’s algorithm improperly incorporated this sentence, causing the bug. The problem has not been resolved still for the time being, allowing users to use Google Now and Google Translate to create humorous sentences.

Source: Android Support, Hacker News

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhone? More like MyPhone Daerid's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

I still can't watch YouTube links from ModMyi app. App came out Aug 29th 2010 and after almost 2.5 years, no fix for this bug. Wow.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to vinaygoel2000 For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (01-05-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

The modmyi app also doesn't properly update the "last refreshed date" either. POS app.

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    I still can't watch YouTube links from ModMyi app. App came out Aug 29th 2010 and after almost 2.5 years, no fix for this bug. Wow.
    Yup, same here. QA much?

Lemme guess, Apple is going to sue google now for copying their own mistake: Nokia Lumia 900 is the best phone ever, Siri says so

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JustBrenden View Post
    Yup, same here. QA much?
    Been quite a few bugs fixed and features added, but the YouTube one has proven a bit tougher!

It's fixed in the version we are working on now, along with some general stability increases and a couple new changes.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Quote Originally Posted by JustBrenden View Post
    Yup, same here. QA much?
    They updated the app after the iPhone 5 came out (11/2/12). Weird that you guys don't have the update. Maybe try deleting it and reinstalling the new one from the App Store. Weird!
    Last edited by iSteveO; 01-06-2013 at 11:33 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iSteveO View Post
    They updated the app after the iPhone 5 came out. Weird that you guys don't have the update. Maybe try deleting it and reinstalling the new one from the App Store. Weird!
    Weird that you think they fixed all the bugs in the previous update. Maybe try not being so naive.

Quote Originally Posted by buggsy2 View Post
    Weird that you think they fixed all the bugs in the previous update. Maybe try not being so naive.
    Maybe try not being a *****. I was trying to be helpful!

And I wasn't replying to you.
    Last edited by iSteveO; 01-06-2013 at 11:37 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iSteveO View Post
    They updated the app after the iPhone 5 came out (11/2/12). Weird that you guys don't have the update. Maybe try deleting it and reinstalling the new one from the App Store. Weird!
    What's weird is that you assumed we don't have the update although we do.

Thanks Kyle for the status update. Eagerly waiting for the YouTube fix.

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    Technically not a bug, it's because they are using embedded code so that it's not a link but the direct video on the computer/desktop site.

Anthony has started using a link now on top of the embedded code so app users can view the video

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GmAz View Post
    Lemme guess, Apple is going to sue google now for copying their own mistake: Nokia Lumia 900 is the best phone ever, Siri says so

+1 I was going to post the same thing but I couldn't remember which phone it was.