+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Next-Generation iPad mini Rumored to have Retina Display

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    Thanks

Default Next-Generation iPad mini Rumored to have Retina Display

According to Taiwanese publication DigiTimes, Apple is rumored to be focusing on upgrading the resolution of its recently released iPad mini to Retina display specifications with the changes said to arriving in the next-generation of the small form-factor tablet. The publication is citing sources from the backlighting industry, which seems to be saying that Apple’s next-gen iPad mini will boast a higher resolution display. As of right now, it isn’t clear if the 7.9-inch tablet will feature a screen on-par with current Retina offerings, but “market observers” said a HiDPI display is likely the next step for the mini.

If the rumors do end up being true, the next-generation tablet will be moving to a higher resolution of 2,048 by 1,536 pixels. Such a move would yield a higher pixel density than the full-size iPad’s 264 ppi due to the discrepancy in screen size. Sources are also saying that Apple will be modifying the 9.7-inch iPad’s existing LED backlighting system, going from dual light bars to one in an effort to not only cut weight but also slim down the tablet.

Although the rumors seem quite logical, you do have to take them with a grain of salt as they are coming from DigiTimes, which is known to have a spotty record when it comes to forecasting upcoming Apple products.

Source: DigiTimes

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

why can't Apple just put the best parts they can offer in a new device? i'm an apple fan, but their product releases are bullsh*t.

My iPhone is a Part of Me ProfessorJack's Avatar
    Thanks

Sorry bro this is old hat I sad this when the mini was launched

It will not only have retina it will have 1GB of RAM also

mini one pad has 512 RAM

I had a mini and sold it I then bought the pad 4
    It's a mile and a half faster the last pad I had was the pad one

Mini or pad 4 It's the pad 4 buy a long way the mini is a good mobile device and if you have the 4S or phone 5 then hot spot it with WiFi I don't recommend buying the data plan unit
    It's not needed now a days I'm on WiFi 99% of the time and its to expensive

Quote Originally Posted by romz_11 View Post
    why can't Apple just put the best parts they can offer in a new device? i'm an apple fan, but their product releases are bullsh*t.
    Yes there at it all the time

There will be a new iMac in 6 months time if you read the repot on the intel chips

Apple = greed bad apple

It will not only have retina it will have 1GB of RAM also a faster chip like the A6 X that will be a fast mini two they might play around with a few other parts as well
    Last edited by ProfessorJack; 12-14-2012 at 06:05 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    That is the way all the company do business to make money if they come out the best one right away then what else they're going to make on the next release.

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 724 Posts

I think they always make a device that's in between so that it gives them more time to bring out another new device worth releasing and some people want a device that doesn't have retina or maybe they do with retina

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colin9001's Avatar
    Thanks

Of course there will be a second generation, they made the iPad Mini without it for a reason. Typical buisness practice.

Green Apple
    Thanks

To sell "new" features in next generation products.

Thanks

YES, we all know companies stagger technology to get every last cent out of it before they bring the new stuff. Its beent the business model since the beginning nothing new. Apple is not the only company..they ALL do it. Reason why other companies may have internals is that they are competing with Apple for the top spot..a spot they can only reach for as Apple is still holding steady

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    I think they always make a device that's in between so that it gives them more time to bring out another new device worth releasing and some people want a device that doesn't have retina or maybe they do with retina
    but there aren't even any real upgrades to any of their devices. the only upgrades i can think of is the 3GS to the 4 and the ipad 2 to the ipad 3. there aren't really any new features that an update or jailbreaking can't provide.

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    YES, we all know companies stagger technology to get every last cent out of it before they bring the new stuff. Its beent the business model since the beginning nothing new. Apple is not the only company..they ALL do it. Reason why other companies may have internals is that they are competing with Apple for the top spot..a spot they can only reach for as Apple is still holding steady
    apple doesn't even upgrade anything but a screen and a charger port. they're been coming out with the same product since the 4S. a new processor is pointless unless you're jailbreaking. stock iphones, ipods, and ipads run smooth. go and look at the nokia n series line if you want a perfect example of "new products".
    Last edited by romz_11; 12-14-2012 at 08:27 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Anyone who didn't see this coming is blind. I purposely did not buy one because I am waiting for the retina, more processor, etc. I am still rockin my iPad version 1 but I like the smaller size of the mini. As soon as they beef up the mini I will pick one up.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

HahahahahaHaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! (gaaaasp!) HaaaaaHahahaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Thanks

shocking....

Thanks

but there aren't even any real upgrades to any of their devices. the only upgrades i can think of is the 3GS to the 4 and the ipad 2 to the ipad 3.
    Although I agree with you. It's like someone said earlier its just business practice. I mean c'mon it's apple a billion dollar company. There not stupid. They could put all there latest crap in the newest devices but then they wouldn't have anything to release later on. My 2 cents

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm definitely buying next year

Thanks

What I wanna know is they made the iPad 3 upgraded to iPad 4 got an iPad mini and iPad mini retina next year. I wonder if a new design will appear

What's Jailbreak? usernamesarehard7's Avatar
    Thanks
    This is depressing to read on my first gen iPad mini I wanna have the newest gen at all times lol....

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Because its not always affordable/viable. They would have to stress so much production on retina displays and new chips if they used the same product. They have their reasons and either way every business doesn't release their best products without getting every cent they can out of their older tech. It's not just apple and it's irritating how people like you are blinded and think only apple does sh*t like this and rips off consumers.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ohthatguyagain's Avatar
    Thanks

Any new product has a product life cycle. Take a business class... The iPad mini, a new product, is in the 'early adopters' phase. As the parts for this size technology become easier to procure and the interest and investment of consumers grow, the product will be upgraded as it enters the 'majority adoption' phase.

Apple is a textbook case of business policies/procedures/operations. It's why, coupled with good products, they've done so well. Look at their profit margins.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ohthatguyagain View Post
    Any new product has a product life cycle. Take a business class... The iPad mini, a new product, is in the 'early adopters' phase. As the parts for this size technology become easier to procure and the interest and investment of consumers grow, the product will be upgraded as it enters the 'majority adoption' phase.

Apple is a textbook case of business policies/procedures/operations. It's why, coupled with good products, they've done so well. Look at their profit margins.
    +100000

My iPhone is a Part of Me klouud's Avatar
    Thanks

Is anyone really surprised? You NEVER buy a 1st gen Apple product. You just don't. Apple is an anomalous company where it is able to drive sales based off of community driven hype, brand recognition, and brand status symbol. Its actually remarkable when you sit back and think about it. But anywho, the point is that Apple knows this and they always sandbag on 1st gen stuff. I thought the iPad 1 and iPad 2 were not worth my money. The iPhone 2g was a crying shame as well. The original Apple TV was not worth it and big surprise, the 1st gen Apple HDTV is going to be a big sandbag as well.

I don't buy anything but Apple stuff - its a long story. But at least I have a realistic grasp on their business model and track record.