+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Next-Generation iPad mini Rumored to have Retina Display

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I wish there a way to insist via text in a short form that you are not inending any negative impact of your comments. Perhaps GC = genuine comment? I
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I wish there a way to insist via text in a short form that you are not inending any negative impact of your comments. Perhaps GC = genuine comment? I am sure that will catch on...anyway.

I have noticed having been a reader of MMi for a few years now that many articles and authors find themselves in the tough position of needing to report on something, while at the same time needing to maintain credibility. Brilliant observation, I know. A more recent trend I have noticed however is to cite sources, like Digitimes, question the veracity of their claims (rightfully so), but then report on it all the same. I think waiting on better and more reliable sources would do nothing to dissuade daily readership, and might actually cut down on some of the speculation which sometimes seems to clog up the pipeline.

As I said, I am a fan of site and will be a reader for as long as mankind survives once human robots take over, so I just thought I would offer my observations. GC. Catchy eh? Text is a fickle beast.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by klouud View Post
    Is anyone really surprised? You NEVER buy a 1st gen Apple product. You just don't. Apple is an anomalous company where it is able to drive sales based off of community driven hype, brand recognition, and brand status symbol. Its actually remarkable when you sit back and think about it. But anywho, the point is that Apple knows this and they always sandbag on 1st gen stuff. I thought the iPad 1 and iPad 2 were not worth my money. The iPhone 2g was a crying shame as well. The original Apple TV was not worth it and big surprise, the 1st gen Apple HDTV is going to be a big sandbag as well.

I don't buy anything but Apple stuff - its a long story. But at least I have a realistic grasp on their business model and track record.
    What are you comparing these products to? You can't compare an iphone 2g to modern products, the iphone edge was great for its time, a reliable touch screen and simple interface? What more did we need when we only had edge?

And its not apples business model its every business. You think companies release the best equipment they have before they make any money off the crap they already sell?

1st gen stuff can be great, the ipad 1 is still a great product, it does its function. You dont need a camera or retina display to use an ipad. The original apple tv was pretty much a beta it wasn't supposed to be a product they prided themselves in.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorJack View Post
    Sorry bro this is old hat I sad this when the mini was launched

It will not only have retina it will have 1GB of RAM also

mini one pad has 512 RAM

I had a mini and sold it I then bought the pad 4
    It's a mile and a half faster the last pad I had was the pad one

Mini or pad 4 It's the pad 4 buy a long way the mini is a good mobile device and if you have the 4S or phone 5 then hot spot it with WiFi I don't recommend buying the data plan unit
    It's not needed now a days I'm on WiFi 99% of the time and its to expensive

Yes there at it all the time

There will be a new iMac in 6 months time if you read the repot on the intel chips

Apple = greed bad apple

It will not only have retina it will have 1GB of RAM also a faster chip like the A6 X that will be a fast mini two they might play around with a few other parts as well
    This hurt to read.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,607 Times in 779 Posts

Who cares about the iPad Mini's display??? I want to know about the display on the iPad Mini Mega Micro Max!

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,328 Times in 722 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Who cares about the iPad Mini's display??? I want to know about the display on the iPad Mini Mega Micro Max!
    Your post was bad, and you should feel bad

iPhone? More like MyPhone buttamix's Avatar
    Thanks

Obviously. the could of did it on this one.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It's funny how many people will say bullsh*****t, but stand in line like sheep. Apple knows this and will continue to release new products(inferior crap) followed by a "new and improved" a few months later. Sucks for us, great for them.

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,328 Times in 722 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TRoN01 View Post
    It's funny how many people will say bullsh*****t, but stand in line like sheep. Apple knows this and will continue to release new products(inferior crap) followed by a "new and improved" a few months later. Sucks for us, great for them.
    I don't think it sucks for us. Everyone knows the routine. Or at least alot of us do. It just gives people options. Not everyone cares about a retina display.

My iPhone is a Part of Me klouud's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    What are you comparing these products to? You can't compare an iphone 2g to modern products, the iphone edge was great for its time, a reliable touch screen and simple interface? What more did we need when we only had edge?

And its not apples business model its every business. You think companies release the best equipment they have before they make any money off the crap they already sell?

1st gen stuff can be great, the ipad 1 is still a great product, it does its function. You dont need a camera or retina display to use an ipad. The original apple tv was pretty much a beta it wasn't supposed to be a product they prided themselves in.

you just reiterated my point. 1st gen Apple stuff is not to be messed with unless you have money to burn and are one of those early adopter people. We all know that Apple trickles features out at a snail's pace - so wait for gen 2 to dive in. And yes you can compare the iPhone 2G to the iPad mini - they are both 1st gen tech. i.e., don't buy it! Wait for the iPad Mini 2.

Plus we all know that Apple is moving in the retina direction. In a couple of years, all of its products (with a screen) are going to be retina.

iPhone? More like MyPhone thekid05's Avatar
    Thanks

this was a no brainer, release the sub par product to the masses, then release a better product that could have the initial release to increase capital and give these sheep a reason to buy new or upgrade what they already have. i love apple but they really know how to rip people off proper lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

GC: I would assume you meant (Giant "Rooster Slang") as in I'm a Giant Cock so please ignore this comment.
    GC: 😜😝😛

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12