+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad mini Ad Impressions Grow 28% Per Day as Device Outperforms Kindle's Release

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
According to a study tracking device impressions within the first month of a product’s sales, Millennial Media saw the iPad mini net a daily growth of 28%, beating out Amazon’s
    Thanks

Default iPad mini Ad Impressions Grow 28% Per Day as Device Outperforms Kindle's Release

According to a study tracking device impressions within the first month of a product’s sales, Millennial Media saw the iPad mini net a daily growth of 28%, beating out Amazon’s Kindle Fire which saw a 19% daily growth rate over the same period last year.

Similar to what happened in 2011, it’s likely that many electronic devices are being gifted during the holidays. Despite many iPad minis still waiting to be unwrapped, the initial user base has already made an impact on the advertising firm’s platform. According to Matt Gillis, the SVP of Global Monetization Solutions at Millennial Media “Every holiday season there seems to be one particular item that stands out as the 'must have gift' of the year, and in 2012, early figures lead us to believe that this could be the iPad mini. Truth be told, don’t tell my kids but there are already two sitting under our tree at home."

The firm is expecting the overall number of tablet-using consumers to increase significantly without cannibalizing sales of other tables. Citing a previous Nielsen report, the ad company notes a strong interest from children for both the full size iPad and iPad mini, illustrating the smaller tablet is more likely to add new users than take away from an existing potential user base. One of the other takeaways from the mini’s strong performance is consumer demand for tablets of multiple sizes. The firm sees the success of the iPad mini as confirmation of high interest from users looking for portable devices of various sizes.

Source: Millennial Media via AppleInsider
    Last edited by Akshay Masand; 12-11-2012 at 02:43 AM.

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhone? More like MyPhone Airwaves182's Avatar
    Thanks

Slap an apple logo on it and people will fap away! I'll wait for it to have retina display.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves182 View Post
    Slap an apple logo on it and people will fap away! I'll wait for it to have retina display.
    My wife, who never cares about tech wants the Mini. I literally had to take her 3G iPhone away from her recently so I could force her to upgrade. She doesn't care about retina or stuff like that. She hates the iPad actually. But a couple weeks ago, we went to the Apple store to pick up my repaired retinaMBP( the screen went bad) and while I was with the Genius, she just happened to pick up the Mini. That was it, now she keeps hinting. I hate knowing I'm going to have to have to buy one for her for Christmas when Apple released such an inferior product.

Thanks

^^I said i was going to wait but i couldn't haha! I bought a mini and love it. Love the size and mobility..so lightweight! I'll just sell this one when the Retina version comes out next summer win win :]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    ^^I said i was going to wait but i couldn't haha! I bought a mini and love it. Love the size and mobility..so lightweight! I'll just sell this one when the Retina version comes out next summer win win :]
    I am hoping that next iPad will follow the factor of the Mini/iP5. I think it looks soooo sexy.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dranon's Avatar
    Thanks

I dont know why you think the mini is inferior. I bought a Nexus 7 and an ipad mini. I brought the Nexus back in a week. The mini is so superior! I LOVE the mini. I keep it on me all the time now in my left inside coat pocket it just fits! I can slide it into my back jeans pocket! I got a case for it but i dont bother. I have my ipad up for sale since I do not use it anymore.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dranon View Post
    I dont know why you think the mini is inferior. I bought a Nexus 7 and an ipad mini. I brought the Nexus back in a week. The mini is so superior! I LOVE the mini. I keep it on me all the time now in my left inside coat pocket it just fits! I can slide it into my back jeans pocket! I got a case for it but i dont bother. I have my ipad up for sale since I do not use it anymore.
    Inferior may not be the correct word. However, it has an older processor, nor retina. Those 2 factors really affect what makes the iPad valuable to me. It doesn't matter,I am buying it for my wife.

Thanks

I bit the bullet today and bought my wife the 32 gig black Mini. I got it on the local military base and I had a coupon so I paid 370 out the door. For that price I am very happy. I will say that after playing with it, it isnt bad at all.