Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's iPad Accounts for 71.4% of the Tablet Market in China

Thanks

Default Apple's iPad Accounts for 71.4% of the Tablet Market in China

According to new data from Analysis International (highlighted by Reuters), a total of 2.6 million tablets were sold in China last quarter. This number ended up being 1 million higher from the prior year, marking a 62.5% increase in the third quarter. Of those 2.6 million sales, Apple ended up accounting for 71.4%, taking the lion’s share of sales in the world’s most populous nation. The Cupertino California company’s share ended up being well ahead of the second-largest tablet maker, Lenovo, which accounted for 10.5% of sales.

Taking 3.6% of sales was China-based Ereneben, with Apple’s rival Samsung coming in fourth with 3.5% of tablet sales. The numbers show that the tablet market in China grew faster than Apple’s overall iPad sales in the same three-month span. Apple ended up selling a total of 14 million iPads worldwide in the September quarter, which ended up being a 26% increase from the same period last year.

These numbers point out that Apple has an even larger share of the tablet market in China than it does worldwide. Worldwide iPads sales are expected to grow considerably this quarter with the launch of the new fourth-generation iPad as well as the iPad mini. Launch weekend sales previously topped 3 million and subsequent reports have mentioned that the iPad sales have been stronger than Apple’s supplier’s previously anticipated. We’ll have to see how this trend continues going forward.

Source: Reuters

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Mod edit China
    Last edited by 2k1; 11-29-2012 at 05:22 AM.

Well at least it's selling somewhere. I don't see anybody talking about getting one or even having one where I live.

Quote Originally Posted by teej1410 View Post
    Well at least it's selling somewhere. I don't see anybody talking about getting one or even having one where I live.
    Bangaladesh?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kalpesh78 View Post
    bangaladesh?
    lol