+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Moves to Trademark 'iPad mini'

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
For a company that's known for getting involved in the occasional legal skirmish over trademarks, it's probably a good idea that Apple is finally getting around to trademarking the name
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default Apple Moves to Trademark 'iPad mini'

For a company that's known for getting involved in the occasional legal skirmish over trademarks, it's probably a good idea that Apple is finally getting around to trademarking the name of a product that will certainly be around for quite some time - the new "iPad mini."

Just last week - yes, last week, after the project was already on sale - Apple filed the trademark application with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Apple filed for the trademark under application 85780375.

In the filing, Apple describes the smaller iPad alternative as follows:

A handheld mobile digital electronic device comprising a tablet computer, electronic book and periodical reader, digital audio and video player, camera, electronic personal organizer, personal digital assistant, electronic calendar, and mapping and global positioning system (GPS) device, and capable of providing access to the Internet and sending, receiving, and storing messages and other data.
    Interestingly enough, Apple sought trademark protection of the iPad mini brand overseas before doing so domestically. In addition to the US, Apple has now formally taken possession of the iPad mini brand throughout Europe and Canada.

Source: Patently Apple

iPhone? More like MyPhone regkilla's Avatar
    Thanks

Who else actually cares about trademarking "iPad Mini"? They would just get sued instantly.

*T*
    Thanks

For apple, it's just a matter of "why not"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

*Different from post
    if i bought an ipad mini, lets say, yesterday, and the shipping times improve again, will it effect the date(12/10/12) that i receive my ipad mini.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joe681 View Post
    *Different from post
    if i bought an ipad mini, lets say, yesterday, and the shipping times improve again, will it effect the date(12/10/12) that i receive my ipad mini.
    Normally shipping time is (Time for Apple to get stock + 3 to 5 days) for standard devices. So if Apple get stock earlier then they will ship it t you.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by regkilla View Post
    Who else actually cares about trademarking "iPad Mini"? They would just get sued instantly.
    The point is apple couldnt sued because of the fact its not patented. If someone else trademarked it they would be able to sue apple

What's Jailbreak? BriannaFortune's Avatar
    Thanks
    Apple has been involved in so many patent lawsuits over the years. They have filed them and they have them filed against themselves. Apple is famous for claiming their patents are being copied. One of the most recent lawsuits involves Samsung.