+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's iPad Tops Nielsen's Most Desirable Gadgets For Kids List Again

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple's iPad Tops Nielsen's Most Desirable Gadgets For Kids List Again

As a child my most memorable Christmas morning involved a complete Jurassic Park theme park set and destroying it. Over and over again.

A lot has changed since the mid nineties for adolescents, but this whole portable computing revolution might be the most influential development. Nielsen is reporting that the most wanted gadget is an iPad according to their recent poll of children ages 6 to 12 in the U.S. The study claims 48 percent of the children polled were interested in purchasing Apple’s iPad in the next six months. The Wii U, Apple’s iPod Touch, iPad Mini, and iPhone rounded out the top five.

Nielsen polled kids ages 13 and above as well, and the iPad came out at the top of the most desired list as well with 21 percent of those polled claiming they planned on buying and iPad within the next six months. However, the top 5 is not dominated by Apple products like the younger division. Computers, Tablet computers other than the iPad, the Wii U, and the iPhone rounded out the top 5.

The addition of tablet computers other than the iPad in the older demographic results is likely because older kids are more aware of the competition in the tablet market. Younger consumers likely associate Apple’s iconic iPad with tablets in general, and as a result don’t really concern themselves with other offerings.

Source: CNET

*T*
    Thanks

mod edit Nielsen. That iTunes update better be out by Friday, I swear I'll jump off a bridge
    Last edited by 2k1; 11-27-2012 at 11:42 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
    F*** Nielsen. That iTunes update better be out by Friday, I swear I'll jump off a bridge
    Lol what update

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wolverinemarky View Post
    Lol what update
    Check out the apple website. Under iTunes section there's a banner for a new iTunes coming out soon. Really want it to be released.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i thought apple invented a new ipod, like a kids ipod. isnt it called itouch kids?

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joe681 View Post
    i thought apple invented a new ipod, like a kids ipod. isnt it called itouch kids?
    Lmao I just got that -_-

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Why is there a "smartphone other than iphone" and "android smartphone" category. It should be "smartphone other than iphone and android" or just remove the android smartphone category.

Thanks

LMAO!!!LMAO!!!!!. Its funny how the Surface JUST came out & YET...people still want the iPad, Not that it matter's to me since I've got the iPad3 & my newest addition the Galaxy Tab 7.0. But even the Galaxy Tab isn't even over 10%. Funny thing is that the galaxy tab 7.0 we have here @ Costco is selling for $169 which is WAY!!!! Cheaper then even on Samsung's Site & even BEST BUY; LOL!!!! it's WAY..Cheaper then the mini & has a better screen IMP. It's just what; .9 inches bigger, lol!!!. Don't get my wrong the Mini is Nice but can't fit in my Pocket like the Galaxy Tab can & i Still use my iPad for Everything, i bought the Galaxy Tab Mainly because the price is WAY less then in Any store's I've seen Refurbished OR brand new. Still this Chart cracks me up

Thanks
    Thanked 3,852 Times in 883 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AKCHRIS View Post
    LMAO!!!LMAO!!!!!. Its funny how the Surface JUST came out & YET...people still want the iPad, Not that it matter's to me since I've got the iPad3 & my newest addition the Galaxy Tab 7.0. But even the Galaxy Tab isn't even over 10%. Funny thing is that the galaxy tab 7.0 we have here @ Costco is selling for $169 which is WAY!!!! Cheaper then even on Samsung's Site & even BEST BUY; LOL!!!! it's WAY..Cheaper then the mini & has a better screen IMP. It's just what; .9 inches bigger, lol!!!. Don't get my wrong the Mini is Nice but can't fit in my Pocket like the Galaxy Tab can & i Still use my iPad for Everything, i bought the Galaxy Tab Mainly because the price is WAY less then in Any store's I've seen Refurbished OR brand new. Still this Chart cracks me up
    What cracks me up is people putting tablets In there pockets!!! Lol

Thanks

I don't see how people can use both Apple and non-Apple tablet products together. Don't you want your music and apps and other stuff to be available on both devices?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AKCHRIS View Post
    That's some big, bold text right there. Take this man seriously.