+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Woman Pays $200 for an iPad That Ends Up Being a Mirror with some Duct Tape

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Normaly I would feel bad for a person that was the victim of fraud, BUT THIS WOMAN HAS GOT TO BE THE BIGGEST IDIOT IN THE UNIVERSE.
    rcm
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Normaly I would feel bad for a person that was the victim of fraud, BUT THIS WOMAN HAS GOT TO BE THE BIGGEST IDIOT IN THE UNIVERSE.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by soldoutluck View Post
    I live In Dallas, FYI that is the hood, she is ghetto, and she thought that she was going to be buying stolen merch because no one sells and iPad in the box for $200 unless it's hot, so with all those facts She Does Deserve This!!! She tried to buy something she thought was stolen for a cheap price, so she is the one that needs to be taught respect, and their is no better way than being scammed! Just my very humble opinion ... lol
    I agree

I grew up in the hood and this is how business is done. When we would see a brother selling merchandise out of the back of his ride, we knew it was either hot or counterfeit and/or quite possibly a con. All of us in the hood knew this. I don't feel sorry for her.

Quote Originally Posted by lungho View Post
    I agree

I grew up in the hood and this is how business is done. When we would see a brother selling merchandise out of the back of his ride, we knew it was either hot or counterfeit and/or quite possibly a con. All of us in the hood knew this. I don't feel sorry for her.
    100% true. I'm in east ft worth by Stop 6 and what you have said is accurate. Not 1 person, foreign,domestic, local, or across towner even looks at this electronic stuff without thinking its stolen. Even kids in our area know gas station goods are grab and go before the cops show.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

[QUOTE]Apple should sue mirror manufacturers. Clearly this is proof that people are confused between iPads and Mirrors./QUOTE]
    the best comment here...LMFAO

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

That's why you always check the product before you pay the person I live in Cali and work in the LA area and there's always ppl that try to rip ppl off with scams like this. I've been approached twice at work by guys trying to sell fake iPhone's 3Gs when those first came out I quickly showed the guy mine and said why dont they look the same? He turned around and walked away the second was a guy trying to sell the MacBook airs when those first came out. All he had was a box with a photo copy wrapped around it so I asked if I could open it to make sure it was the product inside he said yeah sure but I have an open box in the car let me go get it... Never came back... So ppl need to inspect and ask if you could open the box before you decide to give them any money for the item.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

The mirror would actually be better than an iPad for retina-display self-face-time chats.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to csglinux For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (11-10-2012)

Thanks

^
    this! Hahaha

Zon
    Green Apple
    Thanks

At least they got FaceTime without the data charges.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Zon For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (11-10-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,679 Times in 830 Posts

I'm not one to buy stuff off people at gas stations, but one time I did! Some guy tried to sell me some cologne, and at first I was like "No way, dude, step back from my car." But the stuff he had smelled better than anything, so I bought it for like $13. To this day it was the best-smelling cologne I've ever had, and I have no idea which brand name it was suppose to smell like.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nealh View Post
    Yup got what she deserved. No way it would not be a stolen item.
    So because somebody is purchasing something off the street they deserve to get ripped off. I hope u always check UR merchandise cause u deserve anything bad to happen to u. #karma

iPhone? More like MyPhone Airwaves182's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    Clearly you didn't bother to read the story. Maybe MMI should sue someone because you are confused between headlines and story content? You are as bad as 99% of buyers on Craigslist.
    Clearly you have no sense of humor or just a really bad one. -_-

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

If that happened to me there's no way in hell I would let anyone else know about! It just makes her look like more of an idiot for having videos and stories out there about it lol. I would have kept it to myself for awhile then maybe tell a few close friends/family members to have a laugh. It's not like she's going to get her $$$ back because there's a video on youtube about it....

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

She didn't deserve to get ripped off but he certainly didn't take any measures to prevent it. Unfortunately she knows she is buying illegal merch if its that cheap. She could have also checked it etc.

Thanks

At least her iPad has streetview installed (if held at the correct viewing angle)

Quote Originally Posted by plok View Post
    Is it any surpise that a woman who chooses to wear spectacles WITHOUT any lenses in the frame would fall for this con? (and then contact the media to explain to the world how stupid she is! Check it out below)

iPad Sold At Texas Gas Station Was Actually A Mirror - YouTube
    That YouTube video worked! Amazing!
    Last edited by bmwraw8482; 11-11-2012 at 05:46 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dranon's Avatar
    Thanks

Im sure she was regretting calling the news! She probably got a lot of flack from family and friends for falling for the scam! OTH she also probably got a lot of other people to be cautious about parting with their money before checking the merch! I wonder how many people this guy scammed with this?

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey, I always go to gas stations to buy Apple products!
    They're cheaper that way.....

Thanks
    Thanked 2,196 Times in 1,919 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buggsy2 View Post
    This woman and your friend are hardly innocent. They almost certainly expect them to be stolen, given the price and place being offered, but that's someone else's problem, yo! And the woman in the article then whined to the local TV station just to get her 15 seconds of fame. No different than the losers on Jerry Springer.
    While I do agree they aren't entirely innocent or smart, it's still rough for people to get ripped off that way. Her reaction I suppose was stupid as well but nonetheless they've paid the consequence. A lesson to be learned for them.

Thanks

Wow! Creative yet oh so shady.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    Apple should sue mirror manufacturers. Clearly this is proof that people are confused between iPads and Mirrors.
    LOLLOLLLOLOLOL!!! This got me laughing for the past 10 minutes... someone's got a real sense of humor

Thanks
    I know who sold it to her too.... Cartman

+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234