+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Three Million iPads Sold Since Launch of iPad Mini

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Three Million iPads Sold Since Launch of iPad Mini

Everyone doubted the iPad Mini at first because of the lack of retina display and the previous generation hardware, but it doesn’t appear to be doing that bad in terms of sales.

The iPad Mini launched last Friday and Apple has released figures this morning showing that in total, three million iPad units have been sold since the iPad Mini launch. Apple does not divide the figure into iPad Mini and iPad with retina display figures, as they appear to have merged the two numbers into one:

Quote Originally Posted by Apple
    CUPERTINO, California—November 5, 2012—Apple® today announced it has sold three million iPads in just three days since the launch of its new iPad® mini and fourth generation iPad—double the previous first weekend milestone of 1.5 million Wi-Fi only models sold for the third generation iPad in March. The Wi-Fi + Cellular versions of both iPad mini and fourth generation iPad will ship in a few weeks in the US and in many more countries later this year.
    One reason Apple may have consolidated the figures is to make it look higher than the 1.5 million third-generation iPads sold on the first launch weekend in March. Even so, the numbers do impress.

Currently, Apple’s iPad Mini is sold out with a two-week waiting period for shipping. It’s no doubt that it was a popular purchase among consumers. The fourth-generation iPad, on the other hand, ships between three to five business days.

Sources: Apple

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

There goes apple again fudging numbers to make outlook more successful then it really is, read the article clearly and it's 1.5 for the mini and the rehashed 3rd gen iPad each so it did not break any records

iPhone? More like MyPhone sammo123's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bry2k2 View Post
    There goes apple again fudging numbers to make outlook more successful then it really is, read the article clearly and it's 1.5 for the mini and the rehashed 3rd gen iPad each so it did not break any records
    I saw no number fudging anywhere. They didn't say anything about record breaking, just milestones. They simply stated what was sold and how much was sold
    RIP Steve Jobs.. You changed the world

Green Apple
    Thanks

Are you saying a company that sells 3 million units in the first 3 days of going on sale, is NOT successful?!

iPhone? More like MyPhone ohthatguyagain's Avatar
    Thanks

This may be random... But seriously, the new new iPad BARELY counts as a fourth gen iPad: the Same way the iPhone 4S barely counted as a new gen device, but even less with this iPad.

At best, this should be called the iPad 3S.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,611 Times in 781 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ohthatguyagain View Post
    This may be random... But seriously, the new new iPad BARELY counts as a fourth gen iPad: the Same way the iPhone 4S barely counted as a new gen device, but even less with this iPad.

I can agree w/ ur statement BUT I will say that going from the ip4 to the ip4S was a huge change in the performance of the device. It might not have had a new form factor but its guts and functionality made it feel like an entirely new device.

Now...that being said, I can also say that going from the ip4S to the ip5 was not as big of a leap as I thought it would be....

I would definitely say these numbers are accurate. However, it doesn't take into consideration the fact that ALOT of people are sitting are a large bulk of devices. I know between my small network of 10 people, we are sitting on roughly 250 units that were purchased for resale. Sad part is, the popularity of the product is so low that there is no markup value and many units are being sold under cost (Retail + Tax).

Quote Originally Posted by ohthatguyagain View Post

I would disagree. I've owned both The iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S, and besides physical appearance, the two phones have major performance differences.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 11-05-2012 at 11:36 AM.
    The Join date says enough!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by recognition View Post
    Are you saying a company that sells 3 million units in the first 3 days of going on sale, is NOT successful?!
    Learn how to read, no one they weren't successful they are just embellishing the numbers

Quote Originally Posted by sammo123 View Post
    I saw no number fudging anywhere. They didn't say anything about record breaking, just milestones. They simply stated what was sold and how much was sold
    They combined the numbers of two different products and called it a milestone over the numbers of one product, it's misleading

launch of its new iPad® mini and fourth generation iPad—double the previous first weekend milestone of 1.5 million Wi-Fi only models sold for the third generation iPad in March.
    Last edited by bry2k2; 11-05-2012 at 12:41 PM.

Thanks

So since the launch of the ipad mini, 3 million regular ipads have been sold? Might need to explain that to me. Maybe i'm just reading it as it's written.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Colby21 View Post
    So since the launch of the ipad mini, 3 million regular ipads have been sold? Might need to explain that to me. Maybe i'm just reading it as it's written.
    ipad units. this is all make/models of the ipads. (i believe)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Still dropping tablet market share. Apple lost 10% share in 12 months to Samsung. I wonder if the iPad mini can recoup that loss.

Thanks

Well..the article is correct there were a lot of naysayers A LOT. Im sure even some of you were thinking this would fail. No matter, it is here and it is selling. It may not have broken any Apple records but lets be honest, those are pretty hard to break :] Also, from iPhone4 to 4S is a big performance jump just like 3G to 3GS was a big jump in speed and performance in general. Can't wait to get one of these little gadgets haha!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The mini is a backward step. I cannot forgive the old hardware and lack of retina display.

It's an unfortunate issue... People in my circle are ALL passing for these significant reasons.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,611 Times in 781 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Torinate View Post
    The mini is a backward step. I cannot forgive the old hardware and lack of retina display.

It's an unfortunate issue... People in my circle are ALL passing for these significant reasons.
    I agree and understand your logic but the Devs on Twitter seem to be in love w/ it! They claim its really fast because of the lack of Retina and that the image quality is still (somehow) amazing. Several of them don't even want to use their regular iPads anymore!

I'm really on the fence about this one. I think my wife would love it for book reading and since its like 1/4" thick, it's hard to pass up. At the same time, I know that next year will bring (at least) an A6 chip so I can't decide if I should wait...

Such hard choices in life!!!
    Last edited by thazsar; 11-05-2012 at 05:57 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Everyone all up in arms about how apple reports their sales. At least they do. Hows that Kindle selling, oh thats right, amazon keeps those numbers hidden so no one besides them actually knows.

Thanks

ok..for those people whom are NOT tech savvy the iPad mini can EASILY be thought of as a iPad3 but smaller because to the non-trained eye the graphics look Nice tbh, but since i own a iPad3 i know different but to most others .....say 95%, they can't make that distinction.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    iPad Mini with Retina will come out early next year.

iPad Mini Retina rumor arrives early | Apple - CNET News

Green Apple
    Thanks

Learn how to read, no one they weren't successful they are just embellishing the numbers
    Learn how to construct a comprehensible sentence...