+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MuscleNerd reveals that the iPad mini is Already Jailbroken

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Originally Posted by Cowboy Ok here is a tweet from musclenerd himself stating that jail breaking an iPad is illegal. https://twitter.com/MuscleNerd/statu...15045732085760 Anywho you guys that are say there will still
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,597 Times in 3,878 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    Ok here is a tweet from musclenerd himself stating that jail breaking an iPad is illegal.
    https://twitter.com/MuscleNerd/statu...15045732085760

Anywho you guys that are say there will still be a jailbreak for the iPads coming out for iOS 6 you have lost your mind.

Your right there isn't away to track down ( as far I know) a jailbroken device. But there is away to track down Devs that make the tools to perform the jailbreak.
    Hell there are only a handful of them in the world right now working on it. Making it easy for Apple or who ever to sue (spelled it right that time ) them for releasing the tool to jail break iPads.
    All nonsense.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    Ok here is a tweet from musclenerd himself stating that jail breaking an iPad is illegal.
    https://twitter.com/MuscleNerd/statu...15045732085760
    Unlocking is no longer an explicit DMCA exemption Neither is jailbreaking iPads (important: no exemption != illegal) is.gd/vkAVQK
    What? It's not extreme programming skills that you need to know that " != "
    means NOT EQUAL.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

I cannot imagine that apple would even want Jailbreaking to really be illegal on their devices. I think most of the Jailbreaking community might not want an idevice without a jb. Personally, using a stock iPhone/iPad for me sucks. I just see Apple losing a hell of a lot of revenue from losing the jailbreak community. And they'd lose on a crap load of ideas to eventually integrate into their iOS. Making it illegal is a huge mistake for Apple.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PoEtikly For This Useful Post:

Jj2345 (11-23-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,597 Times in 3,878 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoEtikly View Post
    I cannot imagine that apple would even want Jailbreaking to really be illegal on their devices. I think most of the Jailbreaking community might not want an idevice without a jb. Personally, using a stock iPhone/iPad for me sucks. I just see Apple losing a hell of a lot of revenue from losing the jailbreak community. And they'd lose on a crap load of ideas to eventually integrate into their iOS. Making it illegal is a huge mistake for Apple.
    Not really. The vast majority of Apple iPhone users are not Jailbreakers. We'd like to think we're a large group but we're actually not. Given that - it's a pride thing for Apple. They want everyone to have the same 'great' user experience. JBken phones tend to be buggy and slow. Apple doesn't want that. They will always be about closed platform. That will likely never change in their ethos.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

Ya boy!!!

+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234