Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: More Than Half of iPad Mini Buyers Are Keeping Their Older iPad

Thanks

Default More Than Half of iPad Mini Buyers Are Keeping Their Older iPad

According to a new survey by Piper Jaffray, more than half the iPad mini buyers surveyed already have an iPad and three quarters of them plan to keep their full size model alongside their new smaller model. The small survey of 72 buyers conducted by Piper Jaffray, seeks to profile who is buying Apple’s devices and where those sales may be trending. According to the firm, it is being forecasted that Apple will sell 1.5 million iPad minis in its 3 day launch weekend, compared to the nearly one million small tablets per month that Google is now selling.

Gene Munster of Piper Jaffray reported in a note to clients that 72% of his small survey of iPad mini buyers cited its compact size as the primary reason for wanting to buy the device. He concluded that the statistics “reinforces our thesis that iPad mini may start slower than some other product launches, but gain momentum as consumers recognize the portability benefits of the smaller size.”

Analyst Walter Piecyk of BTIG stated that “we believe Apple’s first weekend sales of the iPad mini needs, at a minimum, to top the 3 million first weekend sales of the iPad 3 in order to demonstrate that the management team can execute on ramping supply of new products and to provide some of the new products and to provide some evidence that there is adequate demand for a smaller iPad at these price points.” According to Piecyk’s sales threshold, Apple’s iPad mini would need to sell over 30 times faster than Google’s mini tablet in order to prove that a market for small tablets exists.

Brian J. White of Topeka Capital Markets sent out a note stating “we are projecting Apple to sell 800,000 to 1 million 7.9-inch Wi-Fi iPad minis over the first three days,” adding that “demand will prove to be much greater than the sales that Apple will be able to recognize during this period,” citing supply constraints.” Apple is estimated to sell 7 million iPad minis by the end of the year.

We’ll see how accurate the numbers are in time.

Source: AppleInsider

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

They would sale a lot more if they had white available, and I have a iPad and plan to buy a iPad mini and keep both

"The small survey of 72 buyers"

Stopped reading.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to N0KIA For This Useful Post:

*T* (11-04-2012), Airwaves182 (11-03-2012), hondakorn (11-04-2012), kuanyu (11-03-2012)

The mini is more of a portable device. It would be nice to have both sizes, so you can keep one at home, and use one outside.m

That is a SMALL amount of people for a survey something to be tossed out honestly, but let's say it was seven hundred and twenty of course people would keep their other iPad you spend enough on it why would you sell it or give it up?

This is just a question I have why is why so much more popular? Never understood it.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I would bet that most buyers these days are just buying the damn things because it's a new Apple product. My wife, who is manager at a Best Buy opened for the iPad mini event. There were people in there asking about the new iPad, that they heard there was a refresh and wanted one even though they didn't actually know what the difference is. It's new. It's shiny. It's Apple. It sells.

Why one would want multiple iPads just for themselves (not talking a family here) is beyond me. Well, other than to just have the newest iToy.

WOW!!!!!! ipad mini sales actually hit 72? Amazing, I'm surprised it'll sell that many. amazing survey, alot of leg work there conducting this survey. good job people. Modmyi always gets the top notch quality stories to report on.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cmay227 For This Useful Post:

*T* (11-04-2012)

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    ... It's new. It's shiny. It's Apple. It sells.
    If u went to the car dealership for a new car would you buy last years model just because its still on the lot at a reduced price?

Thanks
    I'm happy with my jail broken iPad 3 64GB LTE and for that price I would never buy a mini because you can get for the same price from Apple an iPad 3 refurbished, so a person got to be a fool to pay that much for a mini without a big retina display!

also the story made to fit the sells Apple predicted much more sells then that, and the fact are is that Apple shares are down.

it's funny how addicted Americans are, don't get me wrong i miss LA but its been 10 years since I've been home and I traveled the world a lot, I've seen a lot of change since the first iPhone was out and everybody had to have one, today I see on the bus less people with an iPhone or an iPad then ever before, and I'm an Apple addict my self I got all Apple devices but there is no way you'll see me with a mini and in fact I'm thinking about buying the new windows tablet because it's a real PC with extendable memory and USB connector that you can use for a hard drive or a cd player and it cost less then an iPad which I love but is only a gadget.
    Last edited by odedo1; 11-03-2012 at 02:56 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,310 Times in 1,023 Posts

I'm not sure why someone would discard their iPad just cuz they got an iPad Mini.

On a different note, reading the dev's comments on Twitter about how wonderful the Mini really is, makes me want to get one...

Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
    If u went to the car dealership for a new car would you buy last years model just because its still on the lot at a reduced price?
    Of course, as long as its just as good for what you need in the long run.

Guess what in my small study I asked my friend who is going to buy an iPad mini and he's said he's selling his iPad 2 so 100% of iPad mini buyers are selling their old iPads.

Thanks
    They need to reduce the price if they want to ramp up the sales on the mini... And all of a sudden retina is not so important for some reason???

The only thing the mini offers is portability. The End.

Quote Originally Posted by trialnterror View Post
    They would sale a lot more if they had white available, and I have a iPad and plan to buy a iPad mini and keep both
    White is available here in Australia. Had a look at the iPad Mini at Nextbyte yesterday, both black and white.

Quote Originally Posted by n0kia View Post
    "the small survey of 72 buyers"

stopped reading.
    lolllll

Quote Originally Posted by Senyaichiya View Post
    That is a SMALL amount of people for a survey something to be tossed out honestly, but let's say it was seven hundred and twenty of course people would keep their other iPad you spend enough on it why would you sell it or give it up?

This is just a question I have why is why so much more popular? Never understood it.
    Don't be a tool. It must've taken at least 4 people in different locations to get that many surveys. Figure they asked 100 people buying the iPad mini, only 72 consented to the survey.

Quote Originally Posted by cmay227 View Post
    WOW!!!!!! ipad mini sales actually hit 72? Amazing, I'm surprised it'll sell that many. amazing survey, alot of leg work there conducting this survey. good job people. Modmyi always gets the top notch quality stories to report on.
    I'm sorry, I must've missed the memo where the community cares to hear such a non intelligent comment.

Nope you didn't miss it, it got sent to people don't suck.
    Last edited by cmay227; 11-03-2012 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cmay227 View Post
    Nope you didn't miss it, it got sent to people who don't suck.
    You must of heard it on the grapevine yourself lol

Banned
    Thanks

I cant see the iPad Mini as something people would want to buy.
    Its OLD. Its slower than the iPad 2/3/4 so its not as good. Just pay that little more and get the big brother iPad2 or even more and get the iPad4.
    Or pay a lot less and get the same size Android which is more powerful.

iPad Mini is a joke, thats all. Proof Apple dont care about the devices and they are just in it for the money.

iPad Mini is a joke, thats all. Proof Apple dont care about the devices and they are just in it for the money.
    So Samsung are making the Galaxy Tab 10 and 10.2 and Galaxy 7 and the Note .10 2 or whatever they call em, for the love of the consumer??? I don't think so.

Apple & Samsung are in it for the money because they are both Businesses. Apple are not a charity. They don't give stuff away because they have share holders it exactly the same way as Samsung.

Now when you have something constructive to add to the debate, feel free to post something but opening your mouth just to slag off Apple is getting really boring and just shows a complete lack of IQ.

Right now,

I work in a large retail chain in the U.K who sell Apple / Amazon / Samsung tablets and the Apple outsell EVERYTHING else by a factor of at least 10/1 ( that's 10 Apple I pads for every 1 Amazon / Samsung for the stoopid brigade) and its down to 2 things

Build quality (they feel well built)
    The User experience (they are nice to use and easy to learn)

Apple don't just churn out any old tat. It's well built and does what it says on the tin an Apple fans and people who appreciate good quality will buy them.

Simple

Jolly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast