+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Projected to Sell at Least 1 Million iPad minis on Opening Weekend

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
The iPad mini is shaping up to have a remarkable weekend launch. According to the latest industry estimates, Apple will likely see sales of between 1 and 1.5 million units
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 558 Posts

Default Apple Projected to Sell at Least 1 Million iPad minis on Opening Weekend

The iPad mini is shaping up to have a remarkable weekend launch.

According to the latest industry estimates, Apple will likely see sales of between 1 and 1.5 million units of the new iPad mini over opening launch weekend alone. When you factor in the upcoming holiday shopping season, the iPad mini could set the tablet world on fire in these last two months of 2012.

Gene Munster of Piper Jaffray thinks Apple will be on the high end of the sales spectrum for opening weekend, selling at least 1.5 million devices. "Consumers will gradually realize the benefits of the smaller form factor, which will drive adoption, although it may not take form in lines for tomorrow's launch," Munster told investors Thursday.

Munster, who has an Overweight rating on Apple shares, and a $900 price target, observes this would be less than the 3 million of the third-generation iPad sold in its first weekend back in March.
    So why aren't opening weekend sales projected to be be even stronger? Munster maintains that the first batch doesn't come with the cellular option (those will launch in mid-November). When they do... Munster thinks sales will be more astronomical than they are already shaping up to be.

Source: Barron's

Banned
    Thanks

I doubt they will sell 1 million as do they really have 1 million in stock? With Apples track record they will only have a handfull of stock so they can say "oh, its so good it sold out so quickly" but we all know they only have 10 in stock so of course they will sell out quickly.
    I mean 10 per store not 10 total. The local shop that sells Apple products will have 10 on launch day.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    I doubt they will sell 1 million as do they really have 1 million in stock? With Apples track record they will only have a handfull of stock so they can say "oh, its so good it sold out so quickly" but we all know they only have 10 in stock so of course they will sell out quickly.
    I mean 10 per store not 10 total. The local shop that sells Apple products will have 10 on launch day.
    You must be privy to info that the rest of the world isn't. I highly doubt your numbers. They honestly just sound ridiculous. But, then again most of the analyst's seem to come up with ridiculous numbers so who is to say.
    Last edited by mustard05; 11-01-2012 at 05:32 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    Fully agree, saying that a product has sold out on launch day sounds so more impressive than saying we sold 25,059 across the world on launch day

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rickuk View Post
    Fully agree, saying that a product has sold out on launch day sounds so more impressive than saying we sold 25,059 across the world on launch day
    Apple does do that but they also have a butt-load of product as well. They've been getting better and better with each new release, stocking up the product. So now they can say we sold out and they made a **** load of $$!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    Apple does do that but they also have a butt-load of product as well. They've been getting better and better with each new release, stocking up the product. So now they can say we sold out and they made a **** load of $$!
    Hence the lines outside of Apple stores that are longer than 10 people, to get there new products on launch day.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
    Hence the lines outside of Apple stores that are longer than 10 people, to get there new products on launch day.

Exactly!

Thanks

For a company that is debt free and with a stock value of nearly $600 a share, they must be doing something right.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
    Not today they didn't - a very short Apple queue

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rickuk View Post
    Not today they didn't - a very short Apple queue
    I can post links to stories that state certain Apple stores were sold out in less than 2 hours and had long lines. That's what great about the Internet, you can find anything you are looking for, good or bad.