+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Primate Labs Benchmarks Show 4th Generation iPad Hardware Specs

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Primate Labs Benchmarks Show 4th Generation iPad Hardware Specs

Primate Labs today released a set of benchmark scores for Apple’s new 4th generation iPad – the NEW new iPad that was unveiled along with the iPad Mini just one week ago.

The scores show that the 4th generation iPad is significantly more powerful than the 3rd generation iPad, as it more than doubles the benchmark score of the 3rd generation iPad. The score also outperforms Apple’s new iPhone 5 by a marginal amount.

The benchmarks reveal that Apple’s new A6X chip in the 4th generation iPad is a dual-core chip clocked at 1.4Ghz, which is 0.1Ghz more than Apple’s dual-core A6 chip in the iPhone 5. Also revealed is that the 4th generation iPad houses 1GB of memory, which mirrors that of the iPhone 5.

Sure, the 4th generation iPad may look the same as the 3rd generation iPad from the outside, but on the inside, you will find that the shiny new silicon contains much more raw power that the user can harness to see increased speed and fluidity. It certainly appears to be a worthwhile upgrade, but you better act fast if you're interested because supply is running dry quickly due to the high demand of the tablet.

Sources: Primate Labs via MacRumors

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Got a 32GB wi-fi only iPad 3 I'd like to sell someone....ha.

I think I might wait for iPad 5, though. Probably more in store than modest spec upgrades (such as a redesign, or maybe something that's more than just 'faster' + lightning connector).

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgunaca View Post
    Got a 32GB wi-fi only iPad 3 I'd like to sell someone....ha.

I think I might wait for iPad 5, though. Probably more in store than modest spec upgrades (such as a redesign, or maybe something that's more than just 'faster' + lightning connector).
    I wonder if the next iPad will get longer like the new iPhone. I bet they'll go to a 16x9 screen like they did on the iPhone 5.