+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Amazon Seeks to Embarrass Apple's iPad Mini in New Marketing Push

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
On Monday, Amazon's home page was refreshed with a new marketing message that critics say aims to embarrass Apple's new iPad mini. Despite the opening weekend sales success for the
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default Amazon Seeks to Embarrass Apple's iPad Mini in New Marketing Push

On Monday, Amazon's home page was refreshed with a new marketing message that critics say aims to embarrass Apple's new iPad mini.

Despite the opening weekend sales success for the pint-sized iPad - as measured by the fact that preorders claimed all available inventory for first-day deliveries - Amazon is boldly asserting that its Kindle Fire HD is a superior product to the iPad mini.

Suggesting that Apple boss Tim Cook fired the first shot when he claimed last week that rival tablets are inferior to Apple's innovations ("We don't think they're good products" is what he said to be exact), Amazon is now going on offense to make a different argument altogether.

According to Amazon, the $199 Kindle Fire is a better buy than the 7.9-inch iPad mini, which is priced at $329. Why is it better? Amazon promises a sharper display, more pixels per inch, and the assurance that the Kindle Fire HD offers "much more for much less."

Amazon has even tossed into the mix a biting recent review from Gizmodo, which reads: "... your [Apple's] 7.9-inch tablet has far few pixels than the competing 7-inch tablets! You're cramming a worse screen in there, charging more, and accusing others of compromise? Ballsy."

Source: Amazon

iPhone? More like MyPhone buttamix's Avatar
    Thanks

thats the typical apple product.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

No TV? Ever hear of Slingbox app? 216 pixels compared to 163, like the average person could tell? lol. Ultra fast wifi? hahaha! Typical misleading ad regardless of who made it. smh

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Amazon is kinda right on this one. With the full size tablets nothing compares to the iPad, but the mini certainly left me quite underwhelmed in jus about every category

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Amazon ad is mis-leading that's for sure. What they fail to mention is all the work you can do, spreadsheets, word docs, PowerPoint, and much more. What a joke, this ad is much like political ad's.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bluprint's Avatar
    Thanks

You gotta give it up to the fanboy. He made a strong point there haha ^

Thanks

The iPad mini has one clear advantage: a little logo on the back of an apple, with one bite taken out. The logo that symbolizes the prestige and superiority over anything else that can possibly be made. You know, according to the millions of fanboys out there with their Apple blinders on.

D0D
    Thanks

I have a iMac and an IPhone as well as a couple of PC's and a Android tablet. I like them all, I use my iPhone and PC's more than the Android tablet and iMac but there is not a huge difference. Apple seems to be the ones here that where trying to be misleading but Apple also knows that their are a lot of people out there that will buy an already outdated and inferior product for more money. In a way I don't blame them if they will by it why not sell it to those poor suckers.

Quote Originally Posted by cgfusion View Post
    Amazon ad is mis-leading that's for sure. What they fail to mention is all the work you can do, spreadsheets, word docs, PowerPoint, and much more. What a joke, this ad is much like political ad's.
    There are apps in the Amazon Android store for the kindles that allow you to do Spreadsheets, Word Docs, PowerPoint, Excel and much more. I don't think it is all that misleading. Just Apple fell short on the tablet market this time. Maybe the magic is gone.
    Last edited by D0D; 10-29-2012 at 11:27 AM.

Thanks

The magic left as soon as Steve passed.

The inner Apple fanboy in me wishes Tim Cook would tap The Woz and beg for him to take over. Not happening of course, but yeah.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,615 Times in 672 Posts

One thing i see also is the viewing size. The kindle viewing screen is smaller than the iPad mini. Who cares if its the same size, but has a smaller viewing screen size. LMAO

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketApe View Post
    The iPad mini has one clear advantage: a little logo on the back of an apple, with one bite taken out. The logo that symbolizes the prestige and superiority over anything else that can possibly be made. You know, according to the millions of fanboys out there with their Apple blinders on.
    Plain and simple, the only reason people buy Apple products is because of the OS. If you could easily put iOS or OSX on any kind of cell phone or computer hardware, Apple would be nowhere right now.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rocketApe View Post
    You have to remember it's not just the logo.
    My first smartphone was an iPhone.
    Going from iOS to android is a weird learning curve.
    We all have preferences be easy...
    Maybe I'm a fanboy, but it's pretty weak Amazon is trying to take the iPad mini down a peg since Apple is going into the smaller tablet market.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Italia411's Avatar
    Thanks

Here is the real side by side comparison. Amazon did a good job picking and choosing specs and conveniently left out important specs.
    http://t.co/2DLgNR6n

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

As if Apple would not do the same thing if the shoe was on the other foot.

Thanks

u kno the ipad mini2 will be out less than a year later.. and im sure itll be a retina screen. never buy any 1st generation apple product unless u got the money to burn. i love their products buut lets face it guys, i mean they r businessmen

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ronfin44 View Post
    No TV? Ever hear of Slingbox app? 216 pixels compared to 163, like the average person could tell? lol. Ultra fast wifi? hahaha! Typical misleading ad regardless of who made it. smh
    All of a sudden screen pixels don't matter? Cmon, like this board wasn't filled with how good retina screens are over the competitors, look at our PPI, and retina this, retina that.

Just admit that this iPad mini was overpriced based on what you get. I mean, now you can get a Nexus 7 32gb with mobile data for 299.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I had been waiting for the announcement of the IPad Mini before deciding on which smaller sized tablet to buy.

I was really disappointed with the pricing of the Mini. So I logged on to Amazon and bought a 32 Gig HD Kindle Fire, with the 2 year Warranty and screen protector, all for the same price as the basic 16 Gig Ipad Mini.

I love Apple, and am in most ways a fanboy. I bought some Apple stock back when it was 80 bucks a share and have gleefully watched it roll to around 650-700 a share.

But I was way disappointed in the Mini. And so I went elsewhere.

Thanks

Although i'd have to agree with most of the people on here about this; your not looking @ it from a pure consumer (Non tech savy person) that even though its $329 for a far less superior product compared to its brothers the iPAD3 & the iPad4; the fact that its bigger in screen size compared to the Nexus;Kindle HD & B&N tablets. I have an iMac & a iPhone5 & iPad3 and I use the al the time for various needs, but it just seems like this is nothing more than a Cash Cow for Apple to Exploit. Its basically & iPad2 scaled down with a faster processor & a SEMI-Smaller screen. i think they should have given a little more thought into making this. Maybe they'll come out With a Mini iPad v2; lol..but..still.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Italia411's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gehjl View Post
    All of a sudden screen pixels don't matter? Cmon, like this board wasn't filled with how good retina screens are over the competitors, look at our PPI, and retina this, retina that.

Just admit that this iPad mini was overpriced based on what you get. I mean, now you can get a Nexus 7 32gb with mobile data for 299.
    I have seen apple non retina displays that looked better then their competitors "HD" displays in the past from phones to tablets to laptops. Retina is nicer yes but myself owning an iPad 2 then a 3, upgrading for the retina was not worth it and I resold my 2 and didn't take much of a hit. Yes upgrading every year can be foolish, I know. If you can hold out for a year, more power to you but don't act like if people buy a mini now their sol next year. Apple has always had amazing products and displays. The only way I would agree is if they release it in six months like they did with the 4th gen iPad. Also how many tablet apps are available for your Nexus 7 tablet? How is the form factor on the Nexus compared to the mini? Exactly..you get what you pay for.

Thanks

I think apple have a better build quality and that helps them sell! U know when you hold an apple product as it feels solid and expensive you hold some other tablets and the back feels weak and looks cheap! I'm sure for some people the kindle fire will be perfect but for others the iPad mini will be perfect for me my iPad 2 fits the bill just now just nicely! Handles what I need it too! And has almost replaced my laptop! If only apple would make a memory card slot and I would be really happy!