+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad mini Quickly Selling Out of Launch Day Inventory

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
It's a headline we've come to expect within the first 24 hours of a day on which preorders begin for a new Apple product. This morning, preorders for Apple's new
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 558 Posts

Default iPad mini Quickly Selling Out of Launch Day Inventory

It's a headline we've come to expect within the first 24 hours of a day on which preorders begin for a new Apple product. This morning, preorders for Apple's new iPad mini commenced. And already we're hearing about the apparent buying frenzy underway.

In a development that seems to prove correct Phil Schiller's theory about the iPad mini being appropriately priced, we are hearing that Apple has already sold out of launch day inventory of the white and silver iPad mini model. As of this writing, folks ordering a black model are still being promised a November 2nd delivery.

Within hours of the start of preordering, the white and silver iPad mini had slipped to two weeks for shipping, a clear indication of launch day delivery supply running dry. Of course, we are referring just to the Wi-Fi only models as the cellular-ready iPad minis won't ship until well into November anyway.

Despite the investor optimism that some expected after a week of rousing Apple news, shares of AAPL continue to decline (down another $10 today) and trading below the $600 level for the first time in recent memory.

Thanks

Okay, where are all those people saying an iPad mini would be a big flop?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Are there any numbers? It's easy to sell out first day and make it look like a huge success if you only have 100,000 on hand vs 1,000,000. I don't know ANYONE that is going to buy a mini,, the regular ones are a big success partly due to hospitals/stores/etc starting to use them, but the mini won't really fit there I'd think...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 14u2nv View Post
    Are there any numbers? It's easy to sell out first day and make it look like a huge success if you only have 100,000 on hand vs 1,000,000. I don't know ANYONE that is going to buy a mini,, the regular ones are a big success partly due to hospitals/stores/etc starting to use them, but the mini won't really fit there I'd think...
    I purchased two, one for me and once for my partner.

I love my iPad 3, the screen is amazing but sometimes is completely impractical due to its size (some netbooks are smaller in every dimension except thickness). Therefore the iPad Mini, although I do look forward to next years one having a Retina Display (wishful thinking maybe?).

...and with the price difference it makes it a must. I care about my iPad 3 too much to damage it, this isn't as bigger investment so it won't be such a big deal if it get damaged.

Just my 1p's worth.

Thanks

Did you just seriously wrote that??

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

iPad screen size is what a Mac OS X tablet shoulda have been and the 7" as the iOS tablet.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    iPad screen size is what a Mac OS X tablet shoulda have been and the 7" as the iOS tablet.
    👍👍👍👍👍👍

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I'm agreeing here. We won't know if the mini will truly be successful until a few months down the road. An how fast they are selling when apple fully has them in stock.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Airwaves182's Avatar
    Thanks

No retina display = no buy

*T*
    Thanks

Are you stupid? The biggest tech company in the world sells out of a product, and you don't believe it's a big success?

Thanks

I expected it. No offense but this happens to all Apple stuff haha! Well the hand held devices anyway. iPhone Launch = same, iPad 3 launch = same. Funny how the iPad 4 is not selling out. Im with you MetallicaFan..time to stop playing around and unify the OS..One OS for both desktop and tablet(modbookpro is a great example of what can be done. Just don't like the price Now that's what i call integration. I know the price will go up but im willing to pay for full capabilities. We shall see what Apple has in store for next year.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves182 View Post
    +1

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves182 View Post
    That's what the iPad mini S is for.and it will have the A6 chip!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
    Are you stupid? The biggest tech company in the world sells out of a product, and you don't believe it's a big success?
    What he was saying is we don't know the official inventory available for original launch, and speculated that the sell out could be due to low numbers of initial quantities.

Which to a normal logical person who loves apple and understands some of the battles they have been having with QC issues on the assembly lines, and display shortages from suppliers taken into account it would make total sense, but to an Apple fan boy somehow this statement becomes an attack on their coveted idol... lol

Until we have true numbers of the initial stock that was available for launch day delivery it's all speculation, but to assume that just because apple is "the biggest tech company" doesn't mean that they have all the back stock in the world on new products they design.http://modmyi.com/images/smilies/facepalm.gif

Oh and a side note... Supply and demand is something you should look at to... if something is limited in stock, people like you begin to assume that there is a great demand, and the value of said item goes up, or becomes a "must have" because everyone ells has it...http://modmyi.com/images/smilies/annoyed.png
    On January 24th, Apple Computer will introduce Macintosh. And you'll see why 1984 won't be like "1984."

Thanks

You honestly think Apple would only have 100,000 iPad minis on launch?!??

dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 613 Posts

meh
    Last edited by dsg; 10-26-2012 at 05:02 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    They have an absolutely brilliant strategy… They going to losses product with the crappy screen it's overpriced. But everyone still don't want it because even know it's overpriced it's still within reach and not dramatically more than the other tablets and it's class then next year they will come out with iPad Mini to an upgraded to a retina display 4 the same price

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 883 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Im with you MetallicaFan..time to stop playing around and unify the OS..One OS for both desktop and tablet(modbookpro is a great example of what can be done. Just don't like the price Now that's what i call integration. I know the price will go up but im willing to pay for full capabilities. We shall see what Apple has in store for next year.
    Ummmmmm no please don't create an OS for both unless you plan on making the portable OS a full blown desktop OS. I do not want the desktop OS "dumbed" down to how ipads and such are.

PS: There are companis that will change a Macbook into a tablet. But costs way to much.

Banned
    Thanks

iPad minis are not selling out., other sites like Techno Buffalo are reporting quite the opposite.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Realy?????
    Quote Originally Posted by moribo View Post
    I purchased two, one for me and once for my partner.

I love my iPad 3, the screen is amazing but sometimes is completely impractical due to its size (some netbooks are smaller in every dimension except thickness). Therefore the iPad Mini, although I do look forward to next years one having a Retina Display (wishful thinking maybe?).

...and with the price difference it makes it a must. I care about my iPad 3 too much to damage it, this isn't as bigger investment so it won't be such a big deal if it get damaged.

Just my 1p's worth.
    ITS CALLED GETTING A IPOD TOUCH HAVE YOU NEVER SEEN THEM BEFOR? They have a 4 inch screen so only 3 inchs smaller and you save $80 for the same stuff