+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sprint Announces Four New 4G LTE Tablet Data Plans

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Sprint unveiled four new tablet 4G LTE data plans Wednesday, claiming the plans offer 20% more data than AT&T or Verizon at the same price points. The new plans will
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Sprint Announces Four New 4G LTE Tablet Data Plans

Sprint unveiled four new tablet 4G LTE data plans Wednesday, claiming the plans offer 20% more data than AT&T or Verizon at the same price points.

The new plans will be available starting November 11 and start at a paltry $14.99 for 300MB of data. Plans increase to 3GB ($34.99/month), 6GB ($49.99/month), and 12GB ($79.99/month). Sprint claims they company will waive the activation fee for all 3G/4G LTE tablets for a limited time as well.

Sadly Sprint does not have an unlimited data option, which appears to be relegated to smartphones. The lack of an unlimited plan does seem odd, albeit "fiscally" responsible as data hungry users will chew through even the 12GB of data rather quickly. Streaming movies, music, downloading games, and utilizing the data intense activities of a tablet require more bandwidth. However, this bandwidth is most likely provided via Wi-Fi connection especially in a users home.

AT&T's tablet plans start at 2GB for $30/month, 5GB for $50/month, and 10GB for $80/month. Verizon's tablet plans are extremely limited with only 3GB ($30/month) and 5GB ($50/month) options available.

Stepping back and looking at these plans is most likely painful for consumers, especially those used to the spoils of unlimited data.

Source: CNET

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,442 Times in 689 Posts

AT&T is still the best deal on this too. Why would sprint have higher price point given their poor LTE rollout so far?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nealh View Post
    AT&T is still the best deal on this too. Why would sprint have higher price point given their poor LTE rollout so far?
    +1

Sprint has no coverage at all.

Green Apple
    Thanks

These prices are correct for pre-paid, but you should show the post-pay options to be fair. Verizon has way more plans than you have listed, going all of the way up to 20gb, plus you can add gb's as necessary to your plan to make it however many gb you may need (this applies to both pre & post-pay). These extra gb's are half the price if you buy them in your plan instead of exceeding your plan (applies to post-pay only, as you can't go over your pre-paid plan). A bit of research below.
    VZ offers these plans:
    4gb - $30
    6gb - $40
    8gb - $50
    10gb - $60
    12gb - $70
    And so on. This goes all the way up to 20gb, but you can keep adding 2gb for $10 until you reach the amount you need (and share it with your other devices). If you do happen to go over your plan, it costs $10 per gb (2x more). Oh, and the LTE coverage map is amazing. I just wanted to throw that out there, but I know you all are going to give me hell about it. It's just my opinion that Verizon is currently the best option out there, taking into account all factors such as cost, speed, coverage, reliability & support. Yes, I have been on all of the big 3 LTE networks (AT&T, Sprint & VZ), and have found VZ to be my best option. Before you bash me, this is ALWAYS going to depend on where you live. This is just one person's (my) experience in one region of the U.S.A..

Thanks

Theres something better more powerful and more magical and its called...your own wifi ! Whoa!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sk8r4life66 View Post
    Theres something better more powerful and more magical and its called...your own wifi ! Whoa!
    In my area and with my availability, LTE is MUCH faster than my wifi. About 3x faster usually. So that all depends on your area as well.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

o.O sprint is advertising 4g.. its hardly even reasonable for them to advertise their 3g..