+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 39 of 39

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Schiller Staunchly Defends iPad Mini Price Tag

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Originally Posted by NakedFaerie Everyone I speak to wont be getting one, If they want an iPad they get an iPad. If they want something smaller they get an iPod.
...
  1. #21
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    63
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    Everyone I speak to wont be getting one, If they want an iPad they get an iPad. If they want something smaller they get an iPod.
    Its priced too high to be any competition to other 7inch tablets so its a flop even before its available.
    If they really wanted it to be popular they should've had it at a lower price. At that price it will be the last tablet people will buy.
    Name one Android tablet that didn't flop.

  2. #22
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    132
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 13 Times in 9 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by xLastWishx View Post
    Name one Android tablet that didn't flop.
    Asus Transformer TF101
    Asus Transformer TF201
    Asus Transformer TF300(T)
    Asus Transformer TF700
    Amazon Kindle Fire
    Asus Nexus 7
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

    ...Do we really need to keep adding to the list.

  3. #23
    iPhone? More like MyPhone shigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    265
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 35 Times in 24 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by xLastWishx View Post
    Name one Android tablet that didn't flop.
    Maybe rephrase it for those that need to be technical. Name one android tablet that owns more market share than any other tablet made..........yea

  4. #24
    My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    683
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 32 Times in 31 Posts

    I was really hoping for a 200 dollar price point on this one. In the end I think I will hold off for a price drop in 6 months

  5. #25
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    248
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 26 Times in 18 Posts

    My problem is why do they have to take a step backwards to move forward with a new product. A5 instead of A6, no retina display. It's just so predictable. Next years model will be what this years model should have been. They will get on stage next year and show the ipad mini two with the A6 and retina display for the same great low price and all the idiots in the audience will applaud like they have just been given an amazing surprise. What is the difference to them in price, a few bucks when their ordering millions of processors and displays. It may cost them lets say 20 bucks more per unit but will cost their loyal followers another $329 and up next year. They do this to get people to buy the next one a year later(or six months). The problem is that people are finally wising up. I see plenty of comments on this site of people who are already willing to wait for the next one because they know it will be what this one should have been. Their greed is legendary.

    I use to get the latest greatest but now I skip generations.

  6. #26
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Outdated already, the only selling point is the smaller size, no retina display and lacking a lit of the current generation iPad, as an Apple Fanboy, I was greatly disappointed in the mini. Apple better step up their game, the initial looks of the Microsoft Surface is pretty awesome!!!

  7. #27
    iPhoneaholic quidam_brujah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    459
    Thanks
    83
    Thanked 33 Times in 27 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by RokeSmoreMeefer View Post
    Frankly, I think the iPad Mini's price point is spot-on considering the ridiculous price of the iPad to begin with. Every version of the Mini is exactly $170 less than its 10" counterpart. If you're already into getting raped by Apple's high prices on EVERYTHING, then $170 off of a $499 price tag for a screen just 2 inches smaller should make your rear not hurt as bad.

    Shut up and stop complaining. All you idiots that keep paying Apple's ridiculous prices are the direct cause of this. If it wasn't for my company buying me every Apple product I own, then the only Apple product I'd own would be my Apple TV, the only Apple product that is worth its price.
    This pricing gives them the margin for Holiday discount and further drop in ~6 months when newer one comes out. Though I do largely agree with pricing sentiment. If they were building them in the US, I'd be willing to pay that much.

  8. #28
    Green Apple Germanese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    88
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Italia411 View Post
    +1
    Then in six months this model will be outdated
    Wait this thing isn't retina display ? WTF !!!
    iPhone 4 Unlocked on T-Mobile | Motorola Verizon Razr M on T-Mobile | iPhone 5 Confused

  9. #29
    dsg
    dsg is offline
    Livin the iPhone Life dsg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,624
    Thanks
    2,391
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 613 Posts

    Its over priced and not really needed the iPad is a great size not that I'd buy one because I hate the tablet market, I'd rather buy something with more power and ability, like the MacBook Air

  10. #30
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Default Yes yes
    Quote Originally Posted by 1shuttle1 View Post
    My problem is why do they have to take a step backwards to move forward with a new product. A5 instead of A6, no retina display. It's just so predictable. Next years model will be what this years model should have been. They will get on stage next year and show the ipad mini two with the A6 and retina display for the same great low price and all the idiots in the audience will applaud like they have just been given an amazing surprise. What is the difference to them in price, a few bucks when their ordering millions of processors and displays. It may cost them lets say 20 bucks more per unit but will cost their loyal followers another $329 and up next year. They do this to get people to buy the next one a year later(or six months). The problem is that people are finally wising up. I see plenty of comments on this site of people who are already willing to wait for the next one because they know it will be what this one should have been. Their greed is legendary.

    I use to get the latest greatest but now I skip generations.
    AMEN TO THAT!!


    Dan D

  11. #31
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    145
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

    You sob your spider avatar scared the jeblees out of me! I hate bugs n I thought there was one on my iPad!

  12. #32
    iPhoneaholic AUZambo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    469
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 38 Times in 28 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by RokeSmoreMeefer View Post
    Indeed, I do get what I pay for. You, on the other hand, don't. Call me arrogant and cheap all you want. At the end of the day you're the idiot that overpaid, not me.
    I love how you think everyone should buy what you buy and have the same monetary value system you have, yet you seem to disagree that you are arrogant.

    There's an interesting thing in America (assuming you live in America) called the free market system. You should really study it and find out how it works.

  13. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    55
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
    I love how you think everyone should buy what you buy and have the same monetary value system you have, yet you seem to disagree that you are arrogant.

    There's an interesting thing in America (assuming you live in America) called the free market system. You should really study it and find out how it works.
    I never denied being arrogant. There is this interesting language used in America (assuming you live in America) called English. You should really study it and learn how to read. That said, I will deny it now - I'm not arrogant, I'm just tired of stupidity screwing everything up for the rest of us.

    You should take your own advice and study the free market system. But study how it actually works in reality, not the business-biased crap you find in books. One of the main principles of the free market system is that both parties in a transaction expect to gain from it. When both parties are happy with their exchange, they do business again. If one party or both parties are not happy with their exchange, they don't do business again. It's a simple principle.

    Unfortunately, that most basic principle is where the majority completely screws it up. The majority is stupid and continually opens their wallets back up to the same companies that screw them time and time again. Those companies thus have no incentive to compete because they know that the stupid will line up in droves to get raped. Thanks to the stupid majority, the free market only rewards greedy companies with very good marketing departments. And that is how you end up with Apple.

    In the words of my all-time favorite comedian,"You can't fix stupid." As long as stupid makes up the majority, nothing will change.
    Last edited by RokeSmoreMeefer; 10-25-2012 at 07:59 AM.

  14. #34
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    This is a site for apple products. Some of you seem to be very much against apple. Which makes me wonder why you are on this site at all. There is another site called modmymobile.com that I think might be better suited for you.

  15. #35
    iPhoneaholic tekwiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    302
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 28 Times in 17 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by RokeSmoreMeefer View Post
    Indeed, I do get what I pay for. You, on the other hand, don't. Call me arrogant and cheap all you want. At the end of the day you're the idiot that overpaid, not me.
    Fortunately, the public, consumer reports and many other respected reviewers disagree with your idiocy. This would mean you are actually the one overpaying even if you are spending less money. You don't get the same value, service, or customer satisfaction. Revel in your dope, dope smoker.

  16. #36
    iPhoneaholic AUZambo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    469
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 38 Times in 28 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by RokeSmoreMeefer View Post
    I never denied being arrogant. There is this interesting language used in America (assuming you live in America) called English. You should really study it and learn how to read. That said, I will deny it now - I'm not arrogant, I'm just tired of stupidity screwing everything up for the rest of us.

    You should take your own advice and study the free market system. But study how it actually works in reality, not the business-biased crap you find in books. One of the main principles of the free market system is that both parties in a transaction expect to gain from it. When both parties are happy with their exchange, they do business again. If one party or both parties are not happy with their exchange, they don't do business again. It's a simple principle.

    Unfortunately, that most basic principle is where the majority completely screws it up. The majority is stupid and continually opens their wallets back up to the same companies that screw them time and time again. Those companies thus have no incentive to compete because they know that the stupid will line up in droves to get raped. Thanks to the stupid majority, the free market only rewards greedy companies with very good marketing departments. And that is how you end up with Apple.

    In the words of my all-time favorite comedian,"You can't fix stupid." As long as stupid makes up the majority, nothing will change.
    Hilarious. So your whole premise is that everyone who supports Apple is simply a zombie victim of genius marketing incapable of thinking for themselves? Do you realize how ludicrous that is? That's straight out of a made-for-TV Sci-Fi movie. Sure, there certainly are people who fit that mold, but it's far from the majority. Apple doesn't screw anyone, because they can't make people buy their products. Your second paragraph, where you explained quite beautifully the free market system, is where you should have stopped because that's exactly what is happening with Apple. They design and sell products that people like, therefore people give them money. In your own words, it is a simple principle. Don't muddy it up with your hate for the company.

    When you say, "the majority is stupid," what you really mean is that the majority disagrees with you and it bugs you. It doesn't make them stupid. It makes them different.

    BTW, if you hate Apple products so much why the hell are you on this forum? It'd be like me visiting a University of Alabama merchandise store and kicking and screaming about how much I hate everything in the store.

  17. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    55
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
    Hilarious. So your whole premise is that everyone who supports Apple is simply a zombie victim of genius marketing incapable of thinking for themselves? Do you realize how ludicrous that is? That's straight out of a made-for-TV Sci-Fi movie. Sure, there certainly are people who fit that mold, but it's far from the majority. Apple doesn't screw anyone, because they can't make people buy their products. Your second paragraph, where you explained quite beautifully the free market system, is where you should have stopped because that's exactly what is happening with Apple. They design and sell products that people like, therefore people give them money. In your own words, it is a simple principle. Don't muddy it up with your hate for the company.

    When you say, "the majority is stupid," what you really mean is that the majority disagrees with you and it bugs you. It doesn't make them stupid. It makes them different.

    BTW, if you hate Apple products so much why the hell are you on this forum? It'd be like me visiting a University of Alabama merchandise store and kicking and screaming about how much I hate everything in the store.
    No, that's not my premise at all. I meant exactly what I stated, not what you infer. That I disagree and that it bugs me are irrelevant. And nowhere did I say that I hate Apple products.

    I give up, I suppose reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.

  18. #38
    iPhoneaholic AUZambo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    469
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 38 Times in 28 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by RokeSmoreMeefer View Post
    No, that's not my premise at all. I meant exactly what I stated, not what you infer. That I disagree and that it bugs me are irrelevant. And nowhere did I say that I hate Apple products.

    I give up, I suppose reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.
    Funny...that isn't far from the truth. On my ACT my reading comp score was 10 points lower than my next lowest subcategory. The darn section kept me from scholarship consideration!

    In any case, when you call other people stupid for buying Apple products then say that Apple continually rips off their customers it isn't much of a stretch at all to infer from that that you hate Apple products, and I'd be willing to bet money that I'm not the only person here who thought that.

  19. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    55
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
    Funny...that isn't far from the truth. On my ACT my reading comp score was 10 points lower than my next lowest subcategory. The darn section kept me from scholarship consideration!

    In any case, when you call other people stupid for buying Apple products then say that Apple continually rips off their customers it isn't much of a stretch at all to infer from that that you hate Apple products, and I'd be willing to bet money that I'm not the only person here who thought that.
    Apple products that I've owned over the years:

    Macintosh 512K
    Power Macintosh 8500/120 (it still works!)
    Power Mac G4 Cube
    PowerBook G4 500 (case made of Titanium, but it didn't survive the free fall from the 3rd floor balcony - now rests in a box in pieces)
    Mac mini
    iPhone (later sold to buy...)
    iPhone 3GS (later sold to buy...)
    iPhone 4
    iPad 3g/wifi (1st gen)
    Apple TV2 (1st gen, 720p)
    iMac 27" (2011)

    I do not hate Apple products, I just hate the ridiculous prices. The only products in that list that I bought myself were the Mac mini and Apple TV2, and the mini only because it was a customer return and I had a friend that worked at the Apple store that had it - it's fully loaded but I got it for $400. Everything else was either free (512K found in an abandoned apartment in 1990, Cube picked up at a yard sale and thought to be non-functional - $0), a gift (8500/120, PowerBook), or purchased by my company (everything else). If I had actually bought everything in that list at retail myself, I would have spent over $17,000.

    Do you see $17,000 of value in that list? I sure don't. Even excluding the 512K and 8500/120, it's still roughly $10,000 for the rest. Utterly ridiculous. And that's why when it comes to spending my own money, Apple is not even considered.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts