+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Customers Who Recently Purchased an iPad may be able to Exchange for the new Model

is a discussion within the

iPad News

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Third-generation iPad owners who recently purchased their device only to find out that their tablet is now obsolete are reporting that certain Apple Stores are allowing swaps for the new
    Thanks

Default Customers Who Recently Purchased an iPad may be able to Exchange for the new Model

Third-generation iPad owners who recently purchased their device only to find out that their tablet is now obsolete are reporting that certain Apple Stores are allowing swaps for the new fourth-generation model. As of right now, it is unknown if the policy is active at all Apple Stores but some owners are finding success in swapping out their recently-purchased third-generation iPads for the fourth-generation version announced on Tuesday according to CNET.

It seems that locations that seem to be participating in the exchange require customers to have bought their iPad within the last 30 days. If the unit itself doesn't show serious signs of damage, chances are the stores will make an exception and waive the normal 14-day return policy. Owners who purchased a third-generation iPad within the past two weeks have the usual two-week Apple guarantee and should have no problem exchanging the device for the fourth-generation model at any Apple Store.

The policy isn't nationwide and it is encouraged that customers who want to make the exchange call their local Apple Store to see if the store will allow their tablets to be swapped out.

Source: CNET

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhone? More like MyPhone emmanravalo's Avatar
    Thanks

no no no.. ipad 4th gen is better than 3rd gen.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have a jailbroken iPad 3 and the only reason i would not want the 4th gen right now is that it will come with iOS 6, which has no jailbreak and an iOS device without a jailbreak is useless and below par in my opinion.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

My Ipad is obsolete? It worked great yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by showka View Post
    I have a jailbroken iPad 3 and the only reason i would not want the 4th gen right now is that it will come with iOS 6, which has no jailbreak and an iOS device without a jailbreak is useless and below par in my opinion.
    Do yourself a favor, upgrade your Ipad 3 to IOS 6 and experience the worst of both worlds.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to turdsmoka For This Useful Post:

Breezer23 (10-24-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    The jailbreak unavailability is temporary but the hardware upgrade is permanent. Being a iPad 3 & iPhone 5 owner, I can definitely say the iPad 3 really is laggy. I noticed it before but since getting an iPhone 5 it has really highlighted the point.

Thanks

Just bought mine 9/17/2012 so i guess im sol.

Thanks

Seriously. I can just tell the reply I received was a generic we're sorry copy and paste answer to my request. How many others are getting answers like this

Quote Originally Posted by Apple UK Customer Service;
    Thank you for contacting the Apple Online Store.

I understand you would like to return your iPad (third generation). Having reviewed your order, I can see your order was delivered on September 18th.

As per Apple's return policy, if you change your mind, you can return your Standard or Configured-to-Order hardware to us within 14 calendar days of delivery.

Due to the evolving nature of the technology sector we are continually working towards providing our consumers with the most up to date and user friendly technologies. Regrettably when an updated product is released situations such as this one whereby an overlap occurs are unfortunately unavoidable.

While we genuinely appreciate your continued custom we are unable to process a return for refund as your iPad is outside of your consumer remorse period.

Please visit the link below for full terms and conditions: http://store.apple.com/uk/open/salespolicies

iPhone? More like MyPhone joshlogic's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aidanharris View Post
    Seriously. I can just tell the reply I received was a generic we're sorry copy and paste answer to my request. How many others are getting answers like this
    It's actually called "customer remorse period"? That's crazy!

Thanks

Obsolete? What?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joshlogic View Post
    It's actually called "customer remorse period"? That's crazy!
    The only thing I don't understand is where it says that situations like these (referring to the fact that literally only 1 month ago I bought a third generation iPad for the same price as the new one) is somehow unavoidable. To my knowledge it has never happened before. I also think it was probably planned like this since the only reason I bought it was for the free student gift card to spend in the AppStore. Well that's the last time I get sucked into special offers and deals like that...

Thanks

More rants. Its not obsolete its just being replaced by a newer model. Your iPad 2 or 3 works just fine does it not? I still use an iPad 2 on 5.1.1 and I love it. Don't get trapped with the pressure of wanting a new device that you don't need. It will be there next year haha!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    More rants. Its not obsolete its just being replaced by a newer model. Your iPad 2 or 3 works just fine does it not? I still use an iPad 2 on 5.1.1 and I love it. Don't get trapped with the pressure of wanting a new device that you don't need. It will be there next year haha!
    But for how long? If I bought it next year would Apple a month later remove it from their website and replace it with a fifth gen iPad the same price as the fourth but with much better hardware?

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

You people that just bought should of checked the buyers guide. It gives predictions based on several factors of when it is and isn't a good time to buy Apple products. There are several out there.. here is one of them - MAC BUYERS GUIDE

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by luvmytj View Post
    You people that just bought should of checked the buyers guide. It gives predictions based on several factors of when it is and isn't a good time to buy Apple products. There are several out there.. here is one of them - MAC BUYERS GUIDE
    Apple had a special offer on which was what swayed me to buy the iPad I wouldn't have got it otherwise. So really this offer should not have existed so close to a new product launch unless that was the whole point of the offer to sell as much as possible ready for the new device...

Thanks

Showka: On two different topics, you have the same post for both... And you've only two posts ever... iOS devices without a jailbreak aren't useless... By the time the iPad 4 is in stock everywhere there will probably be at least a tethered JB for the devices with the new processors...

Thanks
    Does Launch Day, less than 8 months ago count? Greedy. Period. If Apple doesn't space things out, people are going to hold out for the "next big thing" every time it comes out.
    Last edited by Breezer23; 10-24-2012 at 03:39 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I was able to return my iPad 3 (Black, 64 GB, AT&T) to my local Apple Store today for full credit given to me on a gift card. I will then pre-order on Friday using the gift card. I was 32 days past my purchase date. I bought it the day the iPhone 5 was released.

WIN!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheAccuser View Post
    I was able to return my iPad 3 (Black, 64 GB, AT&T) to my local Apple Store today for full credit given to me on a gift card. I will then pre-order on Friday using the gift card. I was 32 days past my purchase date. I bought it the day the iPhone 5 was released.

WIN!
    Good for you I've got nothing despite only having mine delivered the day before the launch of iOS 6 even after multiple emails the latest simply being a short blunt reply when compared to the initial emails I received simply stating the following:

"Thank you for your e-mail and your feedback.

I regret that we would not be able to return your iPad at this time as your iPad has been in operation for more than three weeks outside of your consumer remorse period.

To view our terms and conditions, please visit the following webpage, where you can learn about our Return Policy:

http://store.apple.com/uk/open/salespolicies"