Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Meet Apple's New 'iPad Mini'

Im not sure why people complain about android phones being plastic. I always put a case on any all my phones so I dont really care what its made of

mini screen is bigger? But it has lower resolution (in both directions) than Fire HD or Nexus 7.

Of course people will buy the mini, if nothing else because it will work with other Apple devices. I don't see how some people can use an iPhone but then an Android tablet. You have to pay again for apps, pay again for music, etc. etc. Just doesn't make sense.

I think the $329 price would have been much more justified if it had a little better specs, i.e. at least a 1280x800 display and the same A6 processor as the iPhone 5. Apple has been all about packing in the pixels tighter these last few years. Giving it a higher display resolution than 1G and 2G iPads but with a smaller display size could have been a selling point for them (higher pixel density PPI and all that).

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    I believe this comment is directed towards me. On the galaxy s devices, I was talking about the android tablets in general and the N7, so I don't know what the galaxy s series has to do with anything. The reason I am dissing plastic is because the use of it "flagship" phones is counter-intuitive. Plastic just feels cheap. Now on the galaxy s phones. They are great phones! No denying that but I would prefer an i5. Screen wise, I felt that the 4s and back all had great sized displays.
    For this comparison I am going to use the new 32G N7 that has been popping up recently and compare it to the 32G iPad Mini.

Price:
    Nexus 7: $250
    iPad Mini: $430

The comparison should stop here. The iPad Mini is almost twice as much as the N7 for the same amount of storage. But since Apple wants to...

Screen:
    Nexus 7 - 7" HD 1280 x 800 216 PPI
    iPad Mini - 7.9" 1024 x 768 163 PPI

Processor:
    Nexus 7 - Quad-Core Tegra 3
    iPad Mini - Fake Dual-Core A5 (Threaded CPU)

NFC:
    Nexus 7 - Yes
    iPad Mini - No

RAM:
    Nexus 7 - 1 GB
    iPad Mini - None. Pseudo-ROM type memory

GPS:
    Nexus 7 - Yes
    iPad Mini - No

And because this really should matter to more people...

Open Source:
    Nexus 7 - Yes
    iPad Mini - No

Thanks
    Thanked 15,534 Times in 7,104 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cmay227 View Post
    For this comparison I am going to use the new 32G N7 that has been popping up recently and compare it to the 32G iPad Mini.

Price:
    Nexus 7: $250
    iPad Mini: $430

The comparison should stop here. The iPad Mini is almost twice as much as the N7 for the same amount of storage. But since Apple wants to...

Screen:
    Nexus 7 - 7" HD 1280 x 800 216 PPI
    iPad Mini - 7.9" 1024 x 768 163 PPI

Processor:
    Nexus 7 - Quad-Core Tegra 3
    iPad Mini - Fake Dual-Core A5 (Threaded CPU)

NFC:
    Nexus 7 - Yes
    iPad Mini - No

RAM:
    Nexus 7 - 1 GB
    iPad Mini - None. Pseudo-ROM type memory

GPS:
    Nexus 7 - Yes
    iPad Mini - No

And because this really should matter to more people...

Open Source:
    Nexus 7 - Yes
    iPad Mini - No
    Two words: App Store
    That is Apple's single biggest advantage over android or any other mobile/tablet device maker regardless of specs or price. Until Android has an app store that can match or exceed Apple's they will always be a step behind. I love android, and have owned a Xoom (and numerous android phones, currently I have a HTC one X), my biggest problem with it was lack of apps made for it. Not much has changed since then as far as apps designed specifically for Android tablets.

2 words: Nexus. Seven.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by purplemonkeyspank View Post
    2 words: Nexus. Seven.
    Very convincing

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    Wtf you thought it was going to be 200?? Lmao this blows my mind that people thought the price was goin to be lower than iPod touches lol.
    we heard you the first time, youre annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by barondebxl View Post
    we heard you the first time, youre annoying.
    👍 (You can always stop reading you know)

Same could be said about the 20 postS saying the same thing about the price.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Painkiller006's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Is there anything you can do with an idevice that you can't do with android? Or what apps on the App Store you think are superior to Google Play?

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    That is Apple's single biggest advantage over android or any other mobile/tablet device maker regardless of specs or price. Until Android has an app store that can match or exceed Apple's they will always be a step behind. I love android, and have owned a Xoom (and numerous android phones, currently I have a HTC one X), my biggest problem with it was lack of apps made for it. Not much has changed since then as far as apps designed specifically for Android tablets.
    Agreed. And iTunes. Also, don't forget the the ipad will play well with your apple tv, iphone, imac. Unless you live in this eco-system and use it properly daily, you won't get it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Painkiller006 View Post
    Is there anything you can do with an idevice that you can't do with android? Or what apps on the App Store you think are superior to Google Play?
    Apps in app store or native apps I have not found or equivalents are not good enough:
    iteleport (best I found in google store is pocketcloud but it kinda sucks)
    Airport utility
    Tivo (big one, use it a lot and there is no android version)
    Apple remote app
    iMessage (app store and google store chat programs just are not as good IMO)
    Mail app (apple's mail app blows androids one out of the water, it isnt even close)
    Notification system (Apple's allows me to easily see a notification I get without touching anything, android I have to turn screen on and pull down notifications).

That's just a few off the top of my head, whenever I try to use a android phone as my main phone there are always 3-4 things that I miss too much about iOS or an app from the app store that always takes me back, longest I have lasted is a week. My backup phone is always an android though.

Also a very big factor for me and international people is that itunes and the app store allow me to use the US store without checking my IP. I have full access to the itunes and app store without doing a thing. Android I generally have to do some extra steps to get access to paid apps, right out of the box I only get access to free ones, and no music/videos.

Ooh, and I forgot the biggest one, the MMi app lol

Quote Originally Posted by macsrock View Post
    Agreed. And iTunes. Also, don't forget the the ipad will play well with your apple tv, iphone, imac. Unless you live in this eco-system and use it properly daily, you won't get it.
    Maybe a couple years ago, but now theirs not a huge difference in app store or the play store anymore. that is not a selling point. 1 decent app for every 1000 bad ones is not a advantage. same could be said for the play store. as far a itunes goes, have been happier since i removed it from my comp, their are other ways to get my music,movies and books than itunes. apple tv is a joke. dont be a slave to apple. and it's funny modmyi has not reported anything about 2 possibly more apple patents being possibly voided in the samsung trial. 2 as of right now and verdict being reversed in the rubberband one. wheres that headline modmyi?

Quote Originally Posted by cmay227 View Post
    Maybe a couple years ago, but now theirs not a huge difference in app store or the play store anymore. that is not a selling point. 1 decent app for every 1000 bad ones is not a advantage. same could be said for the play store. as far a itunes goes, have been happier since i removed it from my comp, their are other ways to get my music,movies and books than itunes. apple tv is a joke. dont be a slave to apple. and it's funny modmyi has not reported anything about 2 possibly more apple patents being possibly voided in the samsung trial. 2 as of right now and verdict being reversed in the rubberband one. wheres that headline modmyi?
    How is Apple TV a joke? It's 99 dollars and is a stand alone media center that works with any apple product that you have.

Can it be better? Of course. Does it need an AppStore? Most definitely. But it's a far cry from a joke. It's the most used apple device in my house besides my Iphone.

Literally every one of my movie purchases there to stream. Every song I have on match. There to stream. Netflix and photostream.

I get that i have an option on the website for A5 or A6 but why cant they just make the A6 standard???

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234