Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Meet Apple's New 'iPad Mini'

Quote Originally Posted by goofball2k View Post
    Damn price is out of my comfort zone but typical of Apple. Nexus 7 sort of set the bar for small tablets, imo. Or at least, I had hoped.
    Naw your just cheap lol, for what your getting for the price it's pretty damn unbelievable

Enjoy your ****** tablets then while we enjoy our ipad

i like it.

I'd buy an iPad 3 over this

Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    I'd buy an iPad 3 over this
    And I an iPad 4.

This seems like the perfect sized device between an iPhone 5 and a MacBook (air or pro). I've always thought the regular iPad is too big. Couldn't hold it with one hand and read it. I don't know why people are so worried that it's $70 over what they expected. Just pack your lunch for a week instead of buying it and you're set

Quote Originally Posted by macsrock View Post
    This seems like the perfect sized device between an iPhone 5 and a MacBook (air or pro). I've always thought the regular iPad is too big. Couldn't hold it with one hand and read it. I don't know why people are so worried that it's $70 over what they expected. Just pack your lunch for a week instead of buying it and you're set
    you must have small hands

Furthermore the Nexus seven is also a perfect size however it doesn't work with AppleTV or my MacBook or my iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    you must have small hands
    Uh no.

A5 processor huh? Boo

Quote Originally Posted by Smeggy1234 View Post
    Naw your just cheap lol, for what your getting for the price it's pretty damn unbelievable

No.... What your getting for the price on a nexus 7 is pretty unbelievable. Your just getting screwed for 329 here. also why are you ibots not talking **** about a new ipad when the last one is only 6 mts old? That's a big trash talking point you ibots like to throw at Samsung users. where you at now? I guess now that apple is doing it in 6 mts compared to Samsung 11 mts it's cool!

I like it! I figured the price would be 300-350 that doesn't surprise me at all. Look at the ipod..

Quote Originally Posted by cmay227 View Post
    No.... What your getting for the price on a nexus 7 is pretty unbelievable. Your just getting screwed for 329 here. also why are you ibots not talking **** about a new ipad when the last one is only 6 mts old? That's a big trash talking point you ibots like to throw at Samsung users. where you at now? I guess now that apple is doing it in 6 mts compared to Samsung 11 mts it's cool!
    11 months? Where are you pulling your numbers? Nexus 7 for 200 USD is amazing, but then you have to put into consideration that it's only 8 GB, which is pretty pathetic. So therefore, you have to compare it to the 16 BG Nexus 7 to the 16GB iPad mini. N7 is 250 USD, Mini is 330. 80 dollars more. The specs of the N7 are decent, and without the Mini being released you really can't compare them quite yet. Material wise, the N7 is (cheap) plastic, and the Mini is aluminum. The mini's screen is bigger. Plus the fact that there are already apps in the AppStore already optimized for it is also very good. Not trying to bash the N7, which is a pretty neat device if I may say so myself, but the Mini, in my opinion, blows it out of the water. You get what you pay for.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Meh. Do not want.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    11 months? Where are you pulling your numbers? Nexus 7 for 200 USD is amazing, but then you have to put into consideration that it's only 8 GB, which is pretty pathetic. So therefore, you have to compare it to the 16 BG Nexus 7 to the 16GB iPad mini. N7 is 250 USD, Mini is 330. 80 dollars more. The specs of the N7 are decent, and without the Mini being released you really can't compare them quite yet. Material wise, the N7 is (cheap) plastic, and the Mini is aluminum. The mini's screen is bigger. Plus the fact that there are already apps in the AppStore already optimized for it is also very good. Not trying to bash the N7, which is a pretty neat device if I may say so myself, but the Mini, in my opinion, blows it out of the water. You get what you pay for.
    +1000

iPhone? More like MyPhone GooseG's Avatar
    Thanks

Did you guys really think Apple would make it that cheap? Amazon loses money on every Fire. Same with google and the Nexus.

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

I was thinking about to buy one for me and one for my wife, but for $329 ah ah, no way Jose.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

iPad says it ships on Nov 2.
    Does that mean if you pre-prder on Oct 26 you get it on Nov 2 or it leaves Apple's warehouse on Nov 2 ??

gs July 2010
    gs2 Oct 2011
    gs3 Sept 2012

13 mts between gs and the gs2, 11 mts between s2 and s3

your join date may 2012
    todays date Oct 24 2012
    lets say 150 days for a round number. your posts 2345. average 15.95 post a day. NICE.

I guess the 3g and 3gs were pieces of crap since they were plastic, and the ip4 and 4s were totall garbage cause glass is well....glass.
    and did you mention bigger screen? so now that is a better thing after yrs of apple fan boys making fun of sammys bigger screen and how the iphone was perfect at 3.5? you ibots are sad...bow down to apple you slaves to the machine.
    Last edited by cmay227; 10-24-2012 at 12:36 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Smeggy1234 View Post

How is it pretty damn unbelievable? It's using the same guts mostly as something released in March 2011. Something that they released themselves, not another manufacturer.

I sure will enjoy my existing ipads that goes alongside with my Nexus, thank you. And my iPhones.

Gotta love how Apple fans defend their product so vigorously. Take it for what it is, the iPad mini is not setting the bar, imo, in any real way unlike the original iPad did. Repackaging an 18month old product again in a smaller package doesn't seem all that unbelievable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by cmay227 View Post
    gs July 2010
    gs2 Oct 2011
    gs3 Sept 2012

13 mts between gs and the gs2, 11 mts between s2 and s3

your join date may 2012
    todays date Oct 24 2012
    lets say 150 days for a round number. your posts 2345. average 15.95 post a day. NICE.

I guess the 3g and 3gs were pieces of crap since they were plastic, and the ip4 and 4s were totall garbage cause glass is well....glass.
    and did you mention bigger screen? so now that is a better thing after yrs of apple fan boys making fun of sammys bigger screen and how the iphone was perfect at 3.5? you ibots are sad...bow down to apple you slaves to the machine.
    I believe this comment is directed towards me. On the galaxy s devices, I was talking about the android tablets in general and the N7, so I don't know what the galaxy s series has to do with anything. The reason I am dissing plastic is because the use of it "flagship" phones is counter-intuitive. Plastic just feels cheap. Now on the galaxy s phones. They are great phones! No denying that but I would prefer an i5. Screen wise, I felt that the 4s and back all had great sized displays.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    I'd say the specs are a bit more than "decent". For 250, you get a quad core processor with Tegra 3, and tegra optimized games look awesome for a tablet game, GPS and which you can download maps to the tablet just in case you can't find wifi, 16gb, NFC, a better screen, and Android 4.1 with Google Now. And Google is planning on dropping the 8gb with rumours saying the 16gb will be 199 and 32gb 249. So do go on and tell me how your iPad mini blows it out of the water...

21. The Following User Says Thank You to gehjl For This Useful Post:

cpotoso (10-24-2012)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast